TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi my friends. Yes been a little too busy with drs and family, good news first. Moms 99 th bday party a huge success the surprise of Emily coming in wasn't such a surprise since she already told her the night before, she was so happy enjoyed everything and took all the extra food upstairs to her apt with her. Pics to follow
So the next news after going to neuro, PT, chiropractors, reke therapy, acupuncture finally saw rheumatologist. Loved her --dx osteo arthritis She said the best of any meds will not help shoulder pain except for a replacement. She said since it's so advanced, arthritis runs in family there isn't much of a choice. Very strict now with narcotics. So we are trying for lidocaine patch if ins covers it just as a band-aide until I can have it replaced. So I cried my way home, at least she said my other knee sounds good and of course with the advice of losing weight and exercising. So no more complaint. Knee feels good, hip is good and so is right shoulder.
Just glad that we have these techniques at hand (no pun) for us.
Enjoy the pix. This is a 4 th generation party
Love to all. Susanne
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Me and Emily,
Mom sister and brother ( his bday too)
My nieces great nephew and Emily ( older nieces bday too she's 40) forgot about her hubby's bday. Not such a great auntie
Me and mom. 99 years young



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Whoot whooot at party nice one. Sheesh 4 generations you are v lucky. I'm just glad my girls saw my parents before they passed. On their mums side they still have a great g'ma. 102 and still using free bus pass.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @susanne - as usual no alerts as I guess I am now 'semi-retired' from BS. Had to go looking for you. Sorry to hear about your shoulder and other ouches. Also sorry that you have renounced cheese. I don't like it much, but the rest of my family are fromage freaks and would find it impossible to stop eating.

#1 - Argghhhh the snow - made me feel cold just looking at it.

#2 - Kitty looks pretty cheesed off about your weather. Ha ha. Louie sends his love to Kitty. We are kitten-sitting this weekend while daughter is whisked off to a Country House Spa for Valentines with the latest BF. Louie is growing fast and really dislikes laptops and phones. He has sent loads of weird messages and set up all sorts of alerts on my daughters iPhone, sent a blank audio message to me the other day - all while daughter was unaware, having left her phone on the table. His piece de resistance was to 'help' while my daughter was working late on her laptop at home. My daughter is amazingly IT savvy, but somehow in a few short paw prods he managed to turn all the work on her screen around by 90 degrees. Not only that but it caused the keyboard to no longer operate. It baffled her so she had to use her phone to find out how to reinstate. Clever Louie!

#3 - I loved all the pics of your Mum's 99th birthday. What a lovely day for her. She looks (as usual) so glamorous, I love the tiara.

#4 - Thought of you. I am doing some more of my sticky decoupage, and bought a few more old vintage magazines (as usual couldn't resist). I have just received 5 copies dating from 1901 of 'The Ladies World' - an old American magazine printed in New York. Wonderful ads, super pics, so I will be doing a few US inspired items soon I guess.

Take care of yourself and keep doing the lottery - I will too. My hot tub is arriving late March, so it will be all ready for when you have a massive win and come and visit!!

Lots of love

XXXX
 
Hi @susanne

I literally just got your alert. I don't know what goes on with it sometimes. Never mind.
.your pics have cheered me up immensely. How lovely to see four generations together. Oh I love your moms tiara, absolutely fantastic. It really suits her to be honest. She's the most glamorous 99 yr old lady I've ever seen xx good for her xxx

The pic of you and your daughter was beautiful. You both look ever so happy xx

As regards your shoulder. At least you've got a firm diagnosis and now know what you have to do now to get better. I wonder if we will be shoulder and knee buddies. They reckons next few months for my other knee. I'm on the waiting list.

Big hugs Susanne, you are truly blessed with a wonderful family and a very beautiful daughter xxx

Oh and Kitty xxx
 
It's so cold here -11 with the wind chill factor, bedroom window doesn't close properly, thinking of having all the old ladies in the hood bring their minks for free cold storage.
By the way how do I oil my joints to make them move more smoothly in the cold??
Winter better end soon...this weather is nuts!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sending you a ((((hug))) put kitty on your lap, a fleecy blanket and an old old movie on tv. My kinda thing x x x
 
@Clipless. Her secret .... Vanity
Won't go out without make up and hair done. Loves chocolate takes tons of vitamins. She's amazing since she lost all her 7 brothers and a sister by the time they were 50 yrs. old
Thank you. She'll love to hear this
❤️susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you. She really is something else. Sister doing ok too. Planning a cruise with some friends to Mexico


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Legin. A little blush does wonders to ones appearance xo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you are doing? How's the bf doing these days? X

By the way how is you knee? Xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @nanamoon. We r all doing well here. Knee feels pretty good, but with this cold extremely stiff. Using lidocaine patches on shoulder until I can get my head around another replacement.
Bf doing good. Just being off this week I see how LAZY he is. Needs to move more. Going to pulmonologist next tues to see what she says.
I just saw on legins page about ellejay can't find her thread. Is she ok?
What about you. What's going on with your hip, foot, etc.
Feel good. I can't believe it's been over a year, and we are all still chatting about.
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

Have you measured your foot against your bf's butt lately? :heehee: Sorry Naughty Nana.
My knees are very achy. The non TKR is on the list for replacement. I think I have a heel spur you know that plantar fasciitis people get in their heel. Terrible pain.

Ellejays dad's kidneys are failing. She's had to make the decision whether to move him to hospital or keep him in his care home where he's happy. There is nothing that can be done. I've pasted the link to her thread. All you will need to do is get the latest page number and press that. Just click on her link...https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/ellejays-recovery-threads-first-and-second.22958/page-76#post-744503

I'm glad to read you're feeling good. Yes it's lovely we are all still here xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@nanamoon. Thanks for info. I've had a heel spur forever. 1 cortisone shot lasted 10 years. Every now and then it hurts but I put a heel cup in my shoe. Can buy at drugstore. Best thing believe it or not is to wear heels
Feel better ❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sometimes men need a wee tap on hhead with a 5lb hammer. Mind you my head being virtually empty. Oh will take on advise and not wear heels.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi to all of you hope everyone is feeling well and healing fast
It's been so cold in NY that I spent winter recess under the covers for 5 days and loved every minute. Even shoulder feels better. Maybe I'm just not cut out for work especially in this tundra of a winter
Just wanted to drop in to say I'm still here knee and hip doing fine
Miss chats but I'm afraid I've not much to say
Be well I think about you all
@Legin you better be behaving yourself!!!
@nanamoon hope you're feeling somewhat better.
Love to you all. Susanne xoxoxo


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom