TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

See that'd why I.have developed the skill of bouncing well. Up.a.tree ooooops bounce. That or land on my head nothing to hurt there. Hmmm susanne saying nothing about.humongous drive.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh no blizzard warnings all over the news. 60-75 mile winds. 2-3 feet of snow. Hoping schools will be closed on tues. I've stocked up in the essentials chocolate, ice cream, whipped cream, cookies, cake mix and done water and eggs. Hunkering down looks like it will be bad. Pictures to follow. Love. S


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh oh. Snow looks nice.but when.its big its.not nice. We were snowed in.for 5 days once nothing in.nothing out. Took me 6 hours to.walk.7 miles to get food. Soooo love your essentials my NY pal. Oh.Susanne no.going out.no.falling.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @ legin. Well the blizzard has started but news said going to be much worse at midnight. That's 21/2 hrs away. We were able to leave work 2 hrs early but princiPAL bailed out and left us atb11:30 the captain left her sinking ship. Real nice. Schools are closed tomorrow a very rare thing in NYC schools so it will be nice to just stay in. Only problem between my knee hip and shoulder how am I ever going to get car out of snow. Usually get plowed in. Yikes
Here's a pic of just the beginning of storm
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
and of course a pic of kitty following me around
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
. Last pic is from my girlfriends moms 90 th bday. Yes our young table spent night taking about brain tumors, hip replacements, neuropathy you name it. All the while sipping perseco and chambord (not sure I spelled right). But it was delicious!
@ann the kitty pic is for your granddaughter
Hope everyone feeling good. Back to icing shoulder again.
Love susanne
I'm searching for pix if my 3 lazy or should I say extremely mellow pups

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne oh wow the snow is so deep already. We've barely had any at all. We had. Smattering in the day after Christmas day but it didn't stay long or even get to any kind of depth. Up North they had it really bad xx

I have to go now got to get ready for the hospital. My big decision day today. Am telling surgeon I will have left knee done xxx

Love Ann xxx

Ps my granddaughter will be thrilled with the pic of Kitty x thanks for sending her that xxxxxx

Catch you later xxx
 
See you.got a light dusting then. Ok lass take care nae chasing wrongdoers.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @susanne

How's the snow? Are you okay? I loved Kitty's expression. It was as if she was saying please don't send me out there she sooo cute. I love the pic from your friends moms bday x you look ever so well xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no.....snowing again, turning to rain, ice snow again. Mayor will decide by 1am whether to close schools or not....who can stay up so late
Be safe everyone


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I'm 2 years out - Hooray
PLEASE don't make me go to school tomorrow!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

Do you get paid if you don't go in due to a snow day. We do over here, although that does depend on the company you work for.

My granddaughter still adores Kitty. She will love this one. She thinks Kitty's expressions are like ours, I knew what she meant. The pic you posted on Dogwheels thread shows a less than happy Kitty expression.

Susanne, how are you getting on with your knees and in particular your shoulder?

My hubby's is getting worse since he's got older. They wanted him to go have something or other done, fifteen years ago. They said something about dislocation, shaving around the shoulder joint but no guarantees this will work. He's had injections in it. No good. I've suggested he goes to docs to see if things have moved on much but nope, he refuses. His left elbow and arm he cannot straighten at all now. He refuses to go back about that. He's also been sent a letter inviting him for a free health screening at the doctors. He's refusing to go. I begged him the other day. I said to him in the light of what's happened to his brother having a heart attack, his mom heart attack and strokes, her sisters all died from cancer. On his Dad's side there is stomach cancer runs through the family. I got ever so upset because he's burying his head in the sand.

You had your one shoulder done didn't you?

Anyway enough rumblings off me. Please have a fabulous sleep. Love Ann xxx
 
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

I hope you've had a good day and Kitty's looking a bit happier.

I've posted on my thread I managed to get an appointment with my own consultant in the morning wowsers!!! Xxx

Oh and poor Legin's going through stuff again. My heart goes out to him x

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi all. Hope everyone is doing good. Here in the city bracing for more snow. Streets were like an ice skating rink especially in school parking lot. Flashback 3 years ago to falling on ice and the rest is history. Good news seeing my old and favorite pain management neuro on Thursday, maybe he can clear up these feelings of being out of sorts and losing balance, loss of feelings in hands dropping things etc, Then decided to forge on and make appt with rheumatologist too many replacements all arthritic. Must be something but that's not until March. I was reading up on foods and said dairy esp cheese is the worst thing to eat for joint pain and arthritis. And what do I love more than chocolate. Yup cheese. Today will be day 3 of no cheese and dairy, isn't much left to eat now is there.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Sleep well everyone
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne

I shall be very interested to see what comes of your dairy free spell. @Poppet might be able to answer your question. She knows all about nutrition etc.

The physio in the gym at the hospital seems to be working. My TKR quads are sore today and I can actually feel them if I flex them. The left one was useless because of the joint pain. I can really feel the difference between the two. The TKR is far stronger.

If you accidentally delete a post just click in the green arrow on the left hand side, it should restore it x

More snow over your side again. We've barely had a sprinkling but we've had -5 temperature, so plenty of frost. I know the South of the country and the North had some. It missed us somehow!

All my love from Ann x x x
 
Hi @susanne - with nutrition it is all about what is called the acid /alkaline balance. We can ingest a food which tests acid before it is is ingested, but when ingested our wonderful internal biochemical mechanisms change it to produce what is called alkaline ash.. We want our blood stream and cells to be more towards alkaline rather than acid. An internal acid environment encourages all sorts of illnesses, including the different sorts of arthritis. So you are on the right track - there are lots of good food charts which you can google using the term 'acid-forming & alkaline- forming foods' - you maybe surprised - there are lots more foods to eat :)

Hope this helps :)
 
I got lost at ash. Errrr jesting as ever well informed info

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Poppet. Thanks for the info. Day 3 and having cheese withdrawals :(. Just sitting here looking at pictures of cows



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Look at pic of Highland Cow those horns will scare you off cows

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom