TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

Hi all. Well I finally had enough of lugging that stupid folding chair wherever I go in school. Was about to march into directors office, when I decided to call his secy to check out his mood...her reply. Eh....ok I'll call. So I phoned him told him this folding chair is not working for me. It is hurting my shoulder where would you like me to put it ( yes I held my tongue) and I most definitely need a chair with wheels. All this said in one long breath. His reply give chair to maintenance and have him find you a chair!!!! I very politely said thanks and hung up. Really what was the point of dragging that stupid chair in the first place. So hopefully tomorrow I will have my rolly chair back,
Hope everyone is doing good
That includes you legin and nana moon!!!
Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry have a.picture in my.head of you on the phone literally holding your tongue. Good for you girl most things don't.come unless you ask.
Well.done

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @susanne

Well done you x why didn't they just give you the rolly chair in the first place. Lugging that foldable one has probably made your shoulder worse than ever x absolutely ridiculous solution on their part that was.

I'm ok. My knees Re really aching but I had Hydro on Wednesday, so that's probably that x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
@nanamoon. Be careful with that Valium. Addicting my dad lived on percs, Seconal, Valium for 30 years due to bad back. But he wanted to play golf and golf he did! Up,until he passed away at 86. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @susanne the doc stopped it yesterday so I have to see how I get on. I have to be honest I felt like my old proper self again xxx I can understand getting addicted to thatvxxx
 
Hi all. Well this 3 day weekend off turned into the nastiest cold ever. Could it be because I am around 60 hocking, sneezing , not washing hands kids ??? Stayed in bed 2 days and loving in. Had real bad ice storm here. Many many 15 car + car and truck pile ups. Roads and sidewalks covered in black ice. Although I have my gak yaks to put on shoes I would never attempt the gods by going out. So now day 2 in bed. But we warrior women never completely rest, just put a chicken in the oven no comments Legin so dinner should be ready when I finally wake up from my well needed nap
Hope everyone's body parts including but not excluding butts thighs and shoulders
Love❤️❤️❤️❤️❄️❄️❄️❄️☀️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I said nothing well hmmmmm. Sorry you arent well. Wld come cook for you taxi a tad dear tho
 
Aw@legin so sweet of you to even consider that, but the food you eat do not enter my tender pallet. Only fish and chicken, no Bambi, no bossier the cow etc. in other words. Save the fare
But the thought is priceless. Love. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Re: about chair. More like if you don't ask expect a law suite for discrimination !!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey I can cook anything and new ideas just pop into my head. Well nearly.anything. you keep fighting the chair thing lass. I have always fought against wrong even.at school. I got the.cane.every day for a week as.wouldn't agree.to a.punishment exercise I hadnt done anything wrong by the thurs whole school knew where I was going at 3pm

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Aww you poor laddie, now everyone is writing on the back of chair, hash tags, graffiti, kids names etc... Can't wait for director to get a glimpse of it. I'm sure i can make up a great story for him, or just tell him it's erasable. Looks so cute. Will take picture
Tomorrow is my 1 yr check up at drs. Im hoping he will give me a shot in other knee to calm it down, why is it easier going up stairs rather than down? Is it the weight issue!
Thoughts anyone
Be well all. Love susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck my big apple pal. Errrrrrr going down.stairs is.more movement and pressure. I have been.descending Munros and legs.are shaking with fatigue and effort. Go for the story I used to.write stories for my.girls which of course included them. Bed time stories would last wayyyyyyy too long. Loved every second of it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So my 1 yr check up went great. Flexing. Straightening all good. Like he said a good 12-15 months and you forget all the agony we went thru the past year. ( I don't think I'll ever forget this experience).
It's amazing that at exactly 1 yr my knee stopped bothering me. My quads are still a little weak and bike riding and using stairs was suggested for strengthening them. So now I put chair in elevator and take the steps to meet my beloved graffiti written chair
I had my other knee xrayed too. She said there is some loss of cartilage but nothing to be concerned about I also asked her about this little bulge I have on the right side of knee. Said very common in women over 50 kind of like a fatty pocket. That's all I need. Anyway. Very pleased with report and no restrictions necessary ( only for school) even though I'm still weary of sitting on the floor bc of hip she said if you're uncomfortable don't don't do it. Sounds like good advice to me. I hope you all feel good and remember patience patience patience. Now to get other shoulder better. I've been taping it and that seems to help a lot. Just so used to sleeping on back for a year that when I turn on side hurts shoulders
Be well and safe everyone. I will still be checking in so behave your selves. You know who I mean
And @Legin not to thrilled with your choice of words that I took literally BIG apple.
Love to all stay in touch ❤️❤️❤️❤️



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Noooooooo i didnt mean it that way
Feel realy bad now. Susanne really really really pleased for you. Well done you. All that hard work and yes pain. Chuffed lass. Means pleased btw. Ok my NY pal is that ok. Im a scatty scottie. Take care. Btw really pleased for you
 
I think im going to start keeping a log of all your strange idioms etc than get a book of translations. You're too much ❤️❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Ooooer a book.of Nigelisms. I'm.afraid it could be a.big book. I was on.phone to.daughter number 2 last nightand at one point she said dad my.friends are looking at me like I'm mad. I have.pased the.idioms onto my daughters poor girls. How is the shoulder and is NY pal ok to sign.off too.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello @susanne

How are you? How is your bf doing these days? You've not mentioned him very much lately. Oh and precious Kitty I hope she's ok too xx

How's the aches and pains? I had an episode of Ann vs tripping over the vacuum yesterday. My TKR knee proved it could take all my weight on it and cope with crazy legs crane walk at sped until I grabbed the doorway/wall and saved my self from actually falling. Problem was because of the momentum (speed) I ended up going, I really hurt my left hand, shoulder and foot. Knee is painful anyway xx

Hence it's 4.30 am and I'm still awake! Xxx hope that you're ok?

Apologies for not being around so much to translate for @Legin lately. He needs to increase my salary!!!

How are the plans going for you mom and brothers 66 & 99 party?

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ann.. Just erased my whole message so trying to remember what I wrote, oh, only you why are you always falling. Maybe you need to take classes in "grace" for walking. Only kidding. All those extra pains are the worst. Taping my shoulder every day really helps...guess I'm just putting off the inevitable as long as possible. Bf doing great ( knock wood). No more oxygen during day, only using it with bi pap machine. Hallelujah !! Nurse ratchets job is done. Now if he would only do some more exercising he actually ventured out of house and drove the car on his own. He hasn't driven since August, He was so proud of himself. He just needs to Walk more.
We are trying to plan a 99th birthday party for my mom but we are so superstitious we will probably wait for til the last minute. Feb 6 is hers and my brothers is the 5 th. He will be 66 so it's going to be an upside down party..66 99 cute! Kitty fine following me around like I've been gone for months when im gone for just 7 hrs a day. Poor baby, daughter and her bf in Florida for my ex sister in laws daughters wedding. Felt badly I wasn't invited but... Can't dwell on it. Emily and the bf are staying in my moms condo which we are trying to sell. It seems both bittersweet she's had the place since 1970 , my parents would go down for 6 months every winter...so now we need the money for moms care so she can still stay in her home. Trying to plan a trip down there in February but I kind of promised bf I would drive to Kentucky with him. I must have said that under the influence of drugs!!!
Be well and careful again bubbie wrap yourself when you move about
Love susanne
PS GO TO BED!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne

My daughters said I needed to be bubble wrapped. I laughed at them. Tbh I've always been clumsy. My mom used to say I'd trip over a matchstick! The one my kids/grandkids won't ever let me live down, was the day a few years ago, I tripped over a balloon. They all laughed til they cried

Yes terribly, notoriously clumsy. I don't think I have dyspraxia just plain old clumsy xxxx

Love Ann xxxx
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom