TKR Ellejay's recovery threads, first and second

Hi Lyn...so sorry to hear about your Dad. I believe you have made the right decision opting for comfort and home. Thinking of you, Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi @Ellejay I understand what you are going through, it is a hard decision to make. We have made the same one for my Mum if needed. She has final stage dementia and has been in a specialist care home for the last 7 years. Sending you lots of hugs and thinking of you and your family.
 
Hello Lyn - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Staying where I was comfortable is certainly what I would have wanted for myself - I am positive you made the right choice...you are in my thoughts. Hugs!
 
Oh Lyn

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My heart goes out to you. Sending you a (((((big hug)))))) x

It is the right and kindest decision but must have been so hard to do. You are a wonderful caring daughter to him. You've done the right thing by him all along x

All my love, thoughts and prayers are with both with you and your family too x

Love Ann x x x
 
My heart goes out to you, I recently made the same decision for my Mom. It is rough, but you know in your heart of hearts it is the kindest and best thing you can do for your parent.
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family,
 
Lyn, so sorry to hear such sad news about your dad. Please know that I have been thinking about you
I pray that phone call doesn't come soon. Enjoy the time you have with him treasure every moment I lost my dad 18 years ago and not a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him. You're a brave one
With lots of love Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just caught up on you @Ellejay
You have so made the right decision for your dad....I do hope you have some more special time together but in the knowledge that you have been the kind & caring daughter that we would all like to be. Thinking of you...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Lyn, not look at the site for days so very sad to hear about your Dad, as everyone has said, you have made the right decision, better for him not be pushed and bumped about, I hope all your other siblings agree, I know you must jump every time the phone rings, treasure the memories you hae of him

Luv Sue xx
 
Thank you all for your overwhelming kindness, support and concern, I can't thank you enough. I know that many of you were praying, thank you all, I'm sure the prayers have been answered, I've spent the morning with Dad and spoke to the doctor who assures me that Dad is very comfortable and is actually a lot better than yesterday, so he seems to be over the worst of it again. He keeps scaring us like this, in fact the manageress of his care home said she phoned into the home several times last night to keep checking, I didn't like to do that, but she was obviously really worried too.

My siblings all agree that from now on, Dad is to be left where he is, no ambulances, no interventions, just peace and calm. I'm stepping back for a few days and letting the others take the lead role, as I have my grandson for two days, and then we have been invited to friends in a Sussex for the weekend, so I aim to be Grandma and play for two days, and then relax for a couple of days before getting back to being a daughter again next week. That is the joy of having a large family, we can all take turns to help out.
Once again thank you, I almost feel guilty about yesterday's note of alarm, but I was really expecting the end at any time, I still am, but not in the next few hours as I was yesterday.
 
Ellejay,
I am glad to hear your family has made a decision, and your father will be comfortable.
Have a wonderful few days with your grandchildren.
 
@Ellejay
I'm glad that your whole family agrees that your dad is to stay where he is, calm and comfortable. That's the right decision for him, I'm sure. I'm also glad that you have family to share the load.

I had to make a similar decision for my mother (a few years ago now) and I gave orders that there were to be no dramatic attempts at resuscitation. She died peacefully in her sleep.

Enjoy your time being a grandmother!
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm glad your dad picked up a bit. What a relief. Have a lovely time with your grandson and I'm so glad that you're going to have a break with friends. That will do you good!

Please don't feel guilty about the note of alarm, anyone of us would have done the same under the circumstances.

Im here for you any time that you want Lyn

Please take care
Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hmmmmmmm ok you have the look issued for guilty statement. Sheeeeeeesh Lyn one of the best things here is the support. Whats best of all is here you can voice wories that you may not want to voice aloud. We all loce you for the caring person you are allow yourself to be cared for. You are now awarded the title of daftie

Legin THR Sep 14
 
:heehee: It won't be the first time I've had that title @Legin, my family think I'm the daftest person on earth, the trouble is they think I'm a grown up, and just between us....I'm not! I never did become sensible, I missed that stage when growing up. I try to pretend, but at times it slips out, and people realise that at times I'm as daft as a brush!
Have a good day, I'm off round the M25 to pick up grandson, fingers crossed the traffic will be ok today, xxx
 
Oooo the magic roundabout (M25) well just be Dillon chill nae being a Brian. Aye recognised a fellow dafty my boss once said how does your wife cope with you. Take care Lyn

Legin THR Sep 14
 
The M25 was kind this morning, not so good on the return journey, but at least we had collected him then and our daughter in law was resting. He has had us both running around after him all day, I'm shattered as usual, but my knee isn't too bad, a bit achey, but hopefully ice and elevation will help tonight. I'm still having problems at night, I wake up with something like sciatica, which ends up at my knee and makes it feel like a football, and I then just cannot find a comfortable position, so sleep is elusive then. I was offered a PT appointment for tomorrow, but of course I have a three year old, so I had to decline that one. I was offered another one for Tuesday, so I'll have to see what she says.
I'm feeling a bit cross, my brother promised to visit Dad today, and he has just e mailed me to say he didn't get there - Grrrr!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom