Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing updates! You have done so well @icep. Yes I will be needing like in September. My OS and I were hoping that I could wait longer but it didn't turn out that way. I am still nervous as we keep reading no two knees are alike and the first one was way better than I thought it would be. My biggest issue was fatigue which now over five months out I have regained my energy.

Your ex in laws sound like very special people. I think it's great you have such a good relationship. Enjoy that time together.

You give such positive advice to others! It is wonderful to have members like you on this forum.

Xoxo JoAnne


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi @icep707 - have been catching up with your recent posts and am so very, very pleased for you. Another Bonesmartie has spread his wings and is returning to a normal life again - fantastic!
If I remember correctly you will soon be back to work - bet that will be a shock, but nice to return to another bit of 'normal living' and be with your work colleagues again.
@Jozilla is right, you are so positive and upbeat and your posts have always made me smile. Thanks a million.
Take care
ChrisX
 
@ dogwheels. Thanks, im scheduled to go back to work may 10th. Im excited because ill be better than I have been in over 5 years. My knee had been very bad. Ill be 3 months out soon and Im astonished how I feel. Honestly when I was pre op I was very skeptical about my outcome. I thought It would take much longer. Hope you regain your flexion and than some . I know you had a setback but you have been making gains . Way too go . @Jozilla , thanks for the kind works . We will be here for you when you get your other knee. If you follow the mantras and u will , you will do just fine . Best wishes. Iceman
 
@icep707 I have a question for you in regards to using med coach. I've downloaded it on my iphone 5 but for some reason I'm having issues setting the reminder tone. Whatever I select as the tone it never is the tone I selected when it gives me a reminder. And usually it is just like a ding or something really short. Nothing that would ever wake me up in the middle of the night. It looks like a great app, I just need it to ring and not stop until I turn it off - just like a regular alarm. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
 
WOO-HOOOOOOO, iceman! Ride that bike to GA and we can race your scooter against one of my horses. (on a dry road, of course.)
 
@midwest girl Hey you, I used my galaxy phone and was woken up to my music which I downloaded via G Tunes. Another free app, From my galaxy. I am not sure about the I phone. However there are other apps as well. Fiddle around with it.Go to set alarm , alert and volume settings . Have you downloaded alarm clock Xtreme. Thats great and synces to medcoach . Let me tag @referee54 as it was his suggestion to use medcoach, maybe he can help. With that said, pain management is crucial , best not to miss a dose. Hopefully you fix the problem . Best of luck.

@daughter stalker Thanks for checking in . You are approaching 1 year. I know you must be so happy and grateful. Im approaching 3 months and couldnt be happier. Its great to have no bone on bone pain . Best wishes.

@jeano its amazing how theses replacements work. Im so happy and I know you must be. When will you get the other one done? Im back from a week In SO CAL. The beach was great . I needed it . Hope all is well. I picked up 2 russian tortoises today from Craigslist. With a nice homemade tank. I still havent went horseriding yet, Hope ancient mother and ice sherpa are doing fine . Best wishes. Iceman.
 
Hey Iceman, If you get the Med Coach going I think Waking up to "Bad to the Bone" would be a great tune to wake up to.
 
Hey, @icep707 ,
Glad to hear you are getting on well, and going back to work soon!
My one year is coming up on May 8. I can walk really fast now :loll:Someone commented on that yesterday.
The weather is heating up into the 90's here starting today, and it's the start of the sailing season! Life is good!
I wish you happy motorcycling, and continued good progress.

Cheers,
Roger
 
@ SFBaySailor , Not so fast , I went to my OS the other day for my release to work when he asked If I wanted more time off. So I thought and pondered for a milli second and said, sure 4 more weeks sound great. He wrote up the order and off I went. My coworkers would rather I take the time off to heal than go back to soon. I feel better now than I have in many years. So I get to enjoy the beautiful weather, swap meets and flea markets, bicycle riding and outdoor exercises and to sleep in if I want . Im not used to having time off as ive worked hard for 20 years straight. Im done with OPT.

I know your annual is coming up this week. When will you see your OS ??? I suppose you will be flying off to Indiana for your dental soon too. Hope everthing works out. You doing much fishing ? Whats biting ? Or you just sail . Anyhoot , best wishes.
 
[Bonesmart.org] ICEMAN BACK to work
@icep707, smart move to take another 4 weeks off. You get 4 more weeks to recouperate and enjoy yourself, too. Just a real win-win for you. Enjoy that bike!
 
@ SFBaySailor , Not so fast , I went to my OS the other day for my release to work when he asked If I wanted more time off. So I thought and pondered for a milli second and said, sure 4 more weeks sound great. He wrote up the order and off I went. My coworkers would rather I take the time off to heal than go back to soon. I feel better now than I have in many years. So I get to enjoy the beautiful weather, swap meets and flea markets, bicycle riding and outdoor exercises and to sleep in if I want . Im not used to having time off as ive worked hard for 20 years straight. Im done with OPT.

I know your annual is coming up this week. When will you see your OS ??? I suppose you will be flying off to Indiana for your dental soon too. Hope everthing works out. You doing much fishing ? Whats biting ? Or you just sail . Anyhoot , best wishes.
Ice,
I had my dental implants installed a month ago, in Indiana. So far, so good. The implants are osseoinegrating into the bone, which takes 3-6 months. My new smile is beautiful... :-) I go back in 1 month for my 2 month check-up. I saved big $$$ by traveling to Indiana to have the work done.
Glad to hear you got some more time off. Gives you more time for motorcycling, too!
I see my OS next week for my annual. The knee generally feels good. I've been doing strengthening exercises. The swelling is all down except for one little spot on the lateral side.
I've been out sailing a couple times, and also doing maintenance on the boat, which is always necessary. I don't fish, just sail when I'm out on the Bay.
Well, off to work :-) Take care
 
Ice my big bro....checking in on you! I am back to work tomorrow!! Wish me luck! Hope you are well!!!!
 
@bottomshollow Would you be kind enough to change the title of my thread to ICEMAN 3 months out ! Thank you in advance.

This has got to be the strangest 6 months in a very long time . 3 months waiting for the surgery and now 3 months post op . I already feel very good with the outcome. Only to know that improvements will continue for quite some time. Im not gonna do anything to jeopardize the implant. I just thought of something, I have seen my OS 3 maybe 4 times since my surgery, he hasnt once touched my knee or asked about my ROM. He just asks how I feel and how im doing, my answer has always been good and sometimes great. Is this uncommon ? Not to check flexion ? Im sure my OPT emails updates to him . I often read of OS threatening MUA and even inflicting pain and withholding meds. How commen is this ? He even gave me 4 more weeks off work leave . Giving me a total of 16 weeks. Im positive ill be able to go back with no restictions at all. I would do it all over again, maybe my left knee in 10 years, fortunately my OS is my age , so he could do lefty when its time . Well everyone, its been well worth it. Best wishes to all Iceman
 
Hi @icep707

You've done very well and you've been a support to so many others. Enjoy your extra month off work. You deserve it!
 
Hi ice! My OS never measured me either. At my 12 week check up he just asked me to do a few things to visually check it. He said my ROM was about 125 and probably would not improve much more. I am more than happy with the result and can do everything I want to. Great job on your recovery thread - you have been so optimistic and helpful to others!
 
I've only been twice to my OS but he has felt around and behind the knee, dictated some notes I didn;t understand to his assistant, and the 2nd visit at 6 weeks post-op he measured ROM.
 
My OS never measured but wanted to see me move the leg.
 
@Celle @Jozilla @kneeper @Phil75070 Thanks for chiming in . I did think that it was strange that my OS never touched my knee or asked about my ROM. However he is pretty confident about his skills and my immediate abilities early on probably gave him a clue that he did a successful surgery. He probably can tell just be looking at patients whether or not they are gonna be issues. Nothing like experience I suppose. Hope everyone is well and moving forward. To all the Mothers have a greats Mothers day. Iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom