TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
@suzzee2000 . I was nervous as heck about a MUA. Although my OS never even mentioned the word. One therapist did , the JERK!!! , but I ended up really likeing him. He inflicts pain on all his clients, even the elderly, but the pain that hurts. The other therapist that I got along with terrifically is way too gentle. When I showed up initially at OPT my flexion was a sad 50 degrees. I wanted to cry but I was happy because I wasnt hurting and I was mobile but my internal swelling was way too much .That was 3 weeks ago . Now im almost 120 degrees . I almost cried when he said that number. I was stuck at 90 all last week . Ive been working hard on my flexion and im glad I did . What a relief ! Its a load off my chest. Even now im always bending my knee . Im gonna check in on your thread next. Best wishes
 
I rode 10.35 miles this morning . That's pretty much back to normal I'd say .

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
 
I don't know about you guys but in my household we tend to order out a lot. Once my daughter left home the kitchen closed down. Nit that I don't like to cook. I do all holiday meals. Soup to nuts. But working 2 jobs and getting home at 7 I'm not stepping foot into kitchen again. Thankfully my bf cooks....but since I have no appetite, I really have no interest in food. Which is good. Hopefully everyone is feeling well....my only complaint is that I just don't sleep. Wish I could...any suggestions


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart
 
. Now im almost 120 degrees .
Ice that is awesome!!! I go to the PT on Tuesday. It will be the first I have done with a therapist since I left Rehab. Hopefully I will still be doing pretty good!!!!
You only have a couple of weeks left off work right Ice?? I hope you are enjoying your off time as much as possible!! Check in on you again soon!!!
 
2 months out. No complaints. 4 more weeks till im back to work. Pain almost non existent. No meds in over a week. Occasionally ice and elevate as I love to watch tv laying down. A big milestone yesterday. I rode my motorcycle yesterday. Fortunately the left leg and foot are the primary one involved in maneuvering a motorcycle. My right knee was replaced. It really was a non event. It is gorgeous here in the Bay Area, nature was calling for a bike ride. If I felt in danger I would have returned home. Flexion about 120 extension 0. Love to ride stationary bike and walking the treadmill , head up , heel to toe , heel to toe. Up and down stairs , no problem no hands. I dont remember the last time I did that . I might have even regained some height. Straighter knee!! Posture better. I did donate all my used shoes and purchase 6 pairs , all with cushioned inserts.


I really believe all my elevation and iceing and meds around the clock helped tremendously , credit goes to OS Dr kevin k Howe of santa rosa , California for a seamless and so far flawless procedure. However I am cautiously aware some thing can still go wrong. But as of now I am happy with outcome. All the new post opers. Ice and elevate as much as you can with round the clock meds. Very very important. I re read my early early post in my thread and I didnt thank many people . I am sorry .in fact I didnt even acknowledge there post. I feel like a jerk , when I read my first few pages , no thanking my well wishers. Ill blame the drugs or my narrow focus. Sorry and thanks . @Josephine can you change my thread title ? ICEMAN RIDING MOTORCYCLE . Thank you in advance
 
You're welcome lol

Dude, talk about strides...you're making them! I think back to some of your earlier posts where you were struggling with your day to day. Here you are riding your hog now, that's awesome! Congrats man!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Going to the San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies ballgame Saturday afternoon. The weather should be great . However im worried my seat will not be a end seat next to the isle. Like when I went to the movies a few weeks back . I had a isle seat and it was great , too bad the movie stank ! Im also flying for about 1 hour and 15 minutes in 2 weeks but ill get to airport early and try to board first. As for the ballgame they are assigned seats . Might be alittle tricky . One thing I know for sure is I wont feel bone on bone pain . And the stairs shouldnt be a challenge. Going back to work on May 10. Im gonna miss this lounging around stuff . Well I hope everyone is well and safe . Oh !! One question , I have a little painfull pimple next to my incision , my GF thinks is a ingrown hair , I think it could be a internal stitch coming up and out . However my incision is glued . On Sunday I think my GF will terminate it . Anyone have an imput . It could b a ingrown hair upon further inspection . One small yet tender and painful little darn !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are dong great!!!:thumb::thumb:

While riding the motorcycle and going to the baseball game, remember that you are no re-assembling your life---you are regaining that normalcy and the enjoyment of day-today activities that were lost a while back!

While you may be a little stiff after the ball game, you will be on your way!
 
Thanks Referee !! Im sure I will be alittle stiff , ill get up maybe every 2 innings and walk stairs and stretch . Just got to make sure I dont lose my GFs son Tyler.
 
God Bless you Ice as you return to your life. It's been great meeting you and all the others that made the journey of recovery so much easier!!!! Thanks for all your well wishes and encouragement to me from day 1....:)
 
@icep707 ... mucho congratulations on riding again! It encourages all of us to hear about successful stories like yours, and you've been very helpful in your consistent advice to all the newer folks here: "ice, baby, ice" ... You've been living up to your username and it's paid off so you can get back to real life! :SUNsmile:
Cheers, Al
 
Hello fellow bonesmarties , Its been alittle while. Im in Southern California . I flew in yesterday . Let me explain the airplain ordeal. In case someone is planning a flight. Miraculous I got a front row seat with leg room , after boarding the plane almost last. I was pretty shocked. I believe you can get pre boarding seat as they let people with wheelchairs and infants to seat first. im just about 10 weeks , havent needed meds in about 3 weeks. However I took a Tramadol with Tylenol pre flight. Knee was no problem . No cane , no limp , no problem . Im a regular civilian. I still bend my knee on a stair daily as my flexion is still at about 120. I know I have room for more. But im patient. However I was surprised my ears POPPED on the plane and got a little nauseous. I had to meditate and calm myself towards the end of the flight as I rarely fly and its been 7 years since my last flight. I m not a fan of flying !!! But I could of drove for 8 hours or fly for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I choose to fly . Well Im going to be a beach bum for 5 days . Enjoy the beautiful scenery , including some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life. Loving Laguna Beach . !! Best wishes to all . To all the post opers, ice and elevate as much as possiable .
 
Enjoy your time in Southern Cal! Sounds beautiful and fun! Love your new title!!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Enjoy your vacation! Keep up the great work on your recovery!!
 
@waitingtogarden , Not that I heard, they pretty much rush you through. Everything is ex rayed. I guess they can see the implant. I tend to mention it before hand. Like at the ball game where they use a wand . Me and my buddy went and he has metal screws (back surgery )in his back . I went first and I mention I had a knee replacement , my buddy went second and mention he had metal in his back. It was funny as we both laughed as we walked through to a ballgame. The airport is a whole different story. Theres really nothing to worry about as long as you are just going about honest business. Best wishes. @DogLoverx3 , hey how are you. Last I read you were packing up , got back from Mexico and you saw your OS . What was the verdict on the blood test results. ?? And did he say see you in 8 years ?? How your date behaving ?? Chemistry sometimes is not always instant and people sometimes grow on you. I tell my GF she grew on me like mold . LOL. @Jozilla , did i read that you will be getting your other knee repaired ? Oh well , if you do , you will know what to do ! Take care .
 
Hey Ice, Sounds like you are doing great & having a great time.
Since I am an old codger I have a couple metal detectors.
I ran one past my new knee just to see what it would do.
It beeped & gave me the same signal as a Zinc Penny.
It doesn't have an Oxinium signal. Ha.
Glad you are enjoying life again.
 
@ironman60 its miraculous the difference from last time I visited the ex inlaws. I couldnt do stairs without pain and avoided any activity that involved standing which was pretty much everthing. Today I painted their basement because it needed it. I know it my vacation but these folkes are so special and dear to me.Just be patient and you will be amazed how great the knee holds up , no bone on bone pain at all. And now no soft tissue pain. It truly is amazing !! Hallelujah is all I can say . I wish everyone can eventually feel how I feel . Truly blessed. Iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom