Guest viewing is limited

TKR ICEMAN BACK to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there @icep707
I've been off the board for awhile, work is demanding much time, buuuuuuuttttt had to check in and see how you are doing?

You must have started back to work, right? Are you part time or full time back?

I haven't had a chance to check your posts but noticed that you are still encouraging the pre and post ops on. So two thumbs up and a high five for a good job! :thumb::thumb:
 
@1ELISEA , HI there Elisea, you did drop off the radar for awhile, dont think that it didnt go unnoticed . im glad you are alive and well. Yes I went back to work Friday and today full bore. I work for Costcos meat department and we are incredibly busy even though prices for meat , chicken , fish and pork are at a all time high. Im hurting big time !! My lower back hurts. Im lying down with my trusty kodiak ice machine working on my lower back. As for my 4 month old knee. I dont even feel it . Its incredibly pain free and i forget about it. I really got lucky . Everyone asks how does it feel and I say it feels 100 percent normal , like before I injured it 25 years ago. No swelling or anything . Very strange in my opinion. I expected some kind of reaction. Of course I was fortunate to be given 16 weeks off work . Originally 12 weeks but my meat dept manager asked me to take another month off to really come back strong. Plus my OS signed it off so I got paid the whole time. Very blessed. Im one of the older guys on the crew and the young punks are tying to get my job , so I went back full bore only to hurt my back .ha ha !! I need to stretch better . So whats up with you ? What kind of work you do ? Knee holding up . ? Well gotta go , nice hearing from you. Go NINERS !!!! Whop whop whop !!!!. Iceman
 
@Josephine , Hello , would you be kind enough to change my thread title to BACK to work !! ICEMAN .

BTW . Have you got your date for your surgery on the other knee ? As for my TKR im 100 percent happy with it. It went alot smoother than I had feared while I was pre op. I followed the 4 main rules of bonesmart. Meds on schedule, proper elevation and excessive iceing and rest. Ok I may have odic a couple of times but it all worked out . Thanks for all your help. Iceman
 
ten minus one'rs??? Nooo....not happening. :heehee: The new hatchlings in the Seahawk nest seem to be coming along fine; will miss a couple of players from last year though.

I am a professional type and sit around all day; nothing so strenuous as a butcher; for that you do have to be in shape. Sounds like you worked every muscle possible today and the only ones not hurting are around the knee. Cool!

Because I do a lot of sitting, my knee needs to stretch and get used more. But like you it's not painful. Trying to get out walking more now that summer is here. I bought a fitbit tracker and everyday try to walk more than the day before... even if just around the house; like I'll hand water my lawn to get extra exercise, things like that.

Can't bring myself, though, to give up that nice close parking space at the mall for one further out. Too many drivers on their smart phones and not paying attention in parking lots. I figure the closer I am to getting back and forth to my car the better. Well.... at least that is how I justify it. :)

You will be getting your money's worth out of the ice machine over the next week if you are going full bore. Probably the young punks went home and collapsed because they tried to keep up with your work routine and couldn't. And they don't have an ice machine, I betcha!
Go Hawks!
 
Hello , would you be kind enough to change my thread title
Tis done though you can do it yourself - at the top right, just above the post, it says "Thread Tools2 and in there is says "Edit Thread".
BTW . Have you got your date for your surgery on the other knee?
Kind if you to ask but nope - not yet. I have no symptoms! :)

I am very pleased to hear of your progress and that you found the overall experience not to be as bad as you'd feared. Have to say I was in the same mind after mine!
 
@icep707 Good to hear that your first full day back at work had no effect on your knee! I am working on that 4th month, a couple of weeks to go, and still have that tight, swollen feeling. I am hoping it goes away like yours did. @Josephine and perhaps another moderator or two have talked about us being able to change our thread titles ourselves but my thread does not have that Thread Tools button. I know where it is supposed to be, it just isn't there.
 
@Josephine Computer. Using Firefox but I have also checked using Chrome and Internet Explore. It is supposed to be next to that "Unwatch Thread" button, correct? Here is what the top of my recovery thread looks like:

[Bonesmart.org] ICEMAN BACK to work
 
That's right, it is. That's curious. We have some really odd things happening these days. Things are getting so complicated. How I long for 5/6 years ago when I knew enough to fix things!
 
Congratulations on being back to work Ivan! I'm so proud of you! I'm sorry to hear that you've hurt your back, but thrilled that your knee is 100%. How exciting for you. I'm happy your work for such a great company and boss and you came back raring to go. Keep up the great work!!!
 
Yes best wishes - you so made it! Try not to overdo which I know is hard.
 
Hi everyone , thanks for the kind words and support. My back feels much better. Im iceing it now! And been taking tramadol. So its better. Fortunately for me I go to a chiropractor every 3 weeks and ironically I went the day before my back went out. HA ! . I get 25 visits annually at 15$ a pop. Not bad, through my job. I have a exercise ball I need to do pre work stretches on. That should help. Other than that , all is great. My son text me happy fathers day, I saw my granddaughter this week so im happy. So I wish all the fathers happy fathers day , even to the moms that do both roles as mother and father. Wishing everyone great health !! Iceman
 
Hey Ice, Back must have got out of shape while you were rehabing your knee.
Funny my back has been acting up some also. Knee is doing great though.
Glad you are getting back to normal & hope your back gets better quick.
 
Hi Iceman,
My back went out too, must have been in sympathy with you.
Hope you are feeling better, and running circles around those whippersnappers at work.
 
@Phil75070 @ironman60 @Pumpkln @Jozilla Thanks for the response. Back feels great. Perhaps my knee feeling so good gave me a false sense of security. Its a lesson learned. Im on my 2 days off and taking it easy. Ill start stretching before work daily. My back tightens up occasionally over the last 4 years. Blamed it on my knee but noticed that our cutting tables are pretty low and im 6ft 3. I slouch alot. May consider adjusting the table higher . Hope everyone is doing fine . Best of health to all . Iceman
 
May consider adjusting the table higher
Yes, adjust the table, your back will thank you. The better your posture, the better you will do over time.
Great report, glad you have been able to return to work with just a few challenges, sounds like you are well on your way to getting back to a normal life. Wise of you to take the extra month off, there is a lesson there for the rest of us.
 
Yes, adjusting the table will make a big difference plus it will be closer to the lights so when you get to be my age you can see better. :loll:Glad you got some rest time.
I just looked at my Avatar & see my walker in the background, Boy that seems so long ago & far away.
We are very lucky people.
 
Congratulations on your return to work @icep707. Sounds like you have a fantastic employer. You are likely best to raise the table. Slouching is never a good idea - not only the back is affected but neck, shoulders and other parts start to suffer as well. After working so hard to rehab from your TKR, you don't want to have to deal with more injuries so take care of yourself.

Have a great night!
 
@ironman60 @71Beetle Thanks for your imput. I will talk with my manager and co workers about raising the tables and saw. Im blessed to be working for Costco. It is a great company with great benefits and 401k. Now that my knee is fixed I can focus on getting back into beach shape. I love California ! Its abit expensive but so gorgeous and inspirational. BTW ironman I get 1 free pair of prescription glasses annually from work . I do need them for reading . Best of health everyone , iceman
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom