Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact me any time! I will be there for you!
You will know when I set that next appointment...you will hear me whining all the way from Jersey!

Haha...you have my email, right?
 
Yes! I do. :)
Thank you!
 
Glad you are doing well. It's amazing how quickly things progress after week 3. Don't wait too long to get the other one done! I not looking forward to it but have no choice. As my new hip progresses my original is starting to hurt and make me limp more reminding me why it has to be done now. Best of luck to you. I agree with having a good surgeon making a big difference. I hardly had any bruising or pain after surgery. Amazing for all the fears I had ahead of time.
 
Wow! What a journey! It has been a month today. I have a long way to go...but I have made great progress! I still work hard three time a week at physical therapy. I am working hard to strengthen the glute muscles. I am still walking with a slight limp. It is improving. I am driving. Friday night , I did go and sit out on that patio and listened to a great band. It was a beautiful summer night in New Jersey. I toasted all of you...my new friends...my friends sharing this journey!
 
Hi!!
Wow! 4 weeks already.

So great to hear about your progress
 
Hi @Medfordart
Love your post - it is a fascinating process isn't it? There we are making new friends, internet friends, who are very close to us but we have never met. I suppose we mould our BS friends in to what we want or need them to be! Whatever it is, it works and we all feel supported by Bonesmart. It is hard to believe one minute you are waiting and the next minute you are 4 weeks gone by. x
 
It's the little things! Today, I am finally be able to climb up and down my stairs without the cane.....still holding and pulling up on the bannister. I never knew this was going to be this difficult...but stairs are 8 inches high each. Still strengthening my glute muscles. They really had weakened living with the bad hip.
My Physical therapist told me in the beginning...you will have great improvement and then backward steps....then forward, backward. Just have to be patient.
My son in law (also a physical therapist) reminds me "a patient patient is a good patient". ,
Hope everyone is having a good day!
 
Glad you are doing well it's amazing how much better things get week by week
 
Glad to hear it's going well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So far so good on my side, I've hit the one month slump and energy drain stage so I'm taking my time and consuming copious amounts of tea and chocolate till it goes away.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Works for me! Husband is biking in Germany...taking the time to rest up myself...in between physical therapy!
 
Hi @Medfordart
I need more details! But only if you don't mind sharing. Are the stairs difficult because of muscle weakness or discomfort? Or a little bit of both?
I go for my pre admission testing tomorrow.. It is looming closer and closer.. :shocked:
 
I knew that I had tendinitis in a couple of the glute muscles. That had been going on for many years. My OS had said that would be better once the bad joint was gone. This is the reason I still have a limp,(weak glute muscles). I am working extremely hard in PT 3 times a week. I made it to 3.4 miles per hour on the treadmill today. Strengthening the muscles is helping a lot. My stairs are 8 inches high each instead of the normal 6 or 7 inch step. I worked so hard that I strained my good leg. I went back to the cane on the stairs for a week...I am now able to walk down fine and am almost good going up...a lot of work to make this happen. I would suggest that you do as much pre surgery exercises that you can. I am sure they will give you the basics. I met with a PT at my pre surgery visit. He is the one that wrote my prescription to go directly to out patient PT.
I am keeping you in my thoughts....it really does get better...and as everyone has told you..the bad hip pain is gone when you wake up!!!
 
Thanks for the update, Medfordart!! This all makes sense. I think we all go into the surgery with war wounds from the chronic hip pain. I think you are doing great!
Going to measure my stairs!!
 
Don't worry about those stairs...you will be fine...if not, you will get stronger and be fine! Let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow.
 
hello @ Medfordart hope you are still making good progress, just wondered if you have started to drive and if so how soon after your op did you start?
I have just passed 4 wks into recovery to which I'm most grateful, still on one crutch, how soon did you get rid of yours if you have?

thanks look forward to hearing from you...
 
I started driving at 3 weeks. I just drove around the block a few times at first. A few days later, after short trips, I started driving myself to PT. I had the right hip which makes it a little harder...but I am doing well now. I drove my husband to the airport last week. That was a good 30 minute drive.
How are you feeling @lexi-mai ?

I got rid of everything by 2nd week. I used the cane if I was walking the neighborhood. I still have a limp due to my glute muscles...but working hard and getting stronger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom