THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a week behind you and I can't believe you are walking aid free around the house already. Sounds like you are doing remarkable @Medfordart. Way to go!
 
@Medfordart just read thru your recovery thread. Glad to hear how you are progressing. Just think how much farther along you are than if you had been on 8\6? I"ve been randomly crying for the last 6 months. Comes on faster and more randomly post op. But less frequently. Can"t wait to sit outside with a glass of wine. For now I am happy with getting to the bathroom in time.
 
@Medfordart Hi, just caught up on your recovery after missing a few days and I've got to say it's amazing progress in such a short period to be cane free even if it's just indoors. It's giving me hope that I will get off my crutches in the not too distant future. Keep the good times rolling.
 
Just read your update @AndyH99! Looks like you are doing great! I go for my two week check up tomorrow after a session of PT. I am really working on the limp. My daughter and her twin girls (7) are coming down for a few days tomorrow. No, I am not ready..but need to see them. They start back to school next week and I know I will not be able to make that drive up to see them (2-3 hour drive). Anytime soon.
Keep up the good work and sleep when you can. We all know how precious any sleep can be!
Anyone hear from @Grumpyjoe I don't see anything and I was worried.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hang in there @pamac . These are tough times...but we will get through it! I suggest we all have a 5 o'clock (wherever we live) toast in a few weeks ,with whatever is your beverage of choice, and celebrate our strength and bone smart for helping us get through this journey!
 
It was great...everything in place! They were real happy with my progress. No more aspirin for blood thinning, so I can go back to Advil..over the counter! Looks all weird on the X-rays....bandage off 3 1/2" incision...no stitches to remove (three rows of inner and glued outside). It just all amazes me!
 
Hello Medfordart!! That is great news.. in just 2 weeks-- kind of surreal, isn't it? All through a 3.5 inch incision.
Yay, you! So happy for you.
 
Absolutely amazing! It really looks unreal when you see the X-rays. What gifted surgeons!
 
Brilliant news, it's really coming together for you. Really happy for you, good luck and long may it continue


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh I will be in a few weeks time, just a couple of hurdles to get over . At current I'm still occasionally doubting my sanity for doing the double, but I hope it will pay off. Here's hoping your 2nd goes smoothly.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am in NO hurry..now that I know what I am in for. They told me yesterday at OS to just call when I am ready!
 
Hey there! I just caught up on your thread and the limping bit stood out to me. I believe the standard advice is to graduate to the next walking aide after mastering each with no limp:
Use walker until no limp. Then two crutches until no limp, then one crutch, then cane, THEN no walking aides.
Don't rush it hon. Listen to your body and do what feels right to you but limping will not help the healing of muscles.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom