THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are doing well. Wow you have a small incision. I "LOVE" the glue. Amazing, seeing and hearing about the staples sounds so painful. I don't see the surgeon until Aug 26th. Lucky you off of the aspirin, I was told to take it for 4 weeks, but I'll take that over blood thinners and TED hose anytime. I didn't realize you needed your other hip done also. I'm not looking forward to the second on Sept. 24, but just want it done and move on. I hope it goes as well as my first one. I dread that first 10 days again so soon. How is your PT coming along?
 
Feeling pretty down after that comment....think I will continue to trust OS and PT. went out today. I actually did lunch with my daughter and then grocery shopping. I am still very tired, but gaining strength. I have to keep being positive and working hard.
Yesterday was fun at PT, a few new things were added. Working on hip abductor muscles. I worked on the treadmill with just the operated leg..concentrating on form. Only 2 minutes and only at 1.0. Then both legs at 1.8 for two minutes. I also did the incline leg pushes. I need a little theme from "Rocky". Getting stronger...
 
@Doodles51 I didn't realize that you were having the 2nd one also. My daughter is trying to talk me into getting it scheduled soon. I just need to recover from this one first. I love the glue also, but incision is not as clean as I was hoping. Working on it. Wait until you see the X-rays...it doesn't seem real!
Do you feel the left hip right now? I only feel the repaired one...incision. I am sure it will present itself soon. X-rays looked like bone spurs were growing. I must be brave and get this behind me. Proud of you!
 
Yes, my left hip is bad. Bone on bone, no cartilage. Actually, I thought it was worse than the right, but surgeon did that one first. I had a little cartilage left on that one, but lots of bad bone spurs, which are on both. I think maybe being right side, driving etc, it may be beneficial to get it done first. I have "waddled" for so long and used to walking like that. PT is working on me bending my knees more. Loved the treadmill today, even if it was slow- felt so good to move. I think the PT told me that 2.3 mph is what we need to be at to cross the street safely? I'm not looking forward to "round 2" either. If yours is not that bad, I would not rush it. I don't have a choice and just want it all over so I don't have to think about the word "hip" for once in my life. Sounds like you are getting around well, that's great. Glad you have visitors. I can't wait to see xrays!!
 
@Medfordart
The Rocky theme would be very appropriate for you. And it looks and sounds like you are doing great! My OS used to use glue for closing incisions, but stopped because he had back to back patients come in with the glue falling off. But his incisions are a whole lot longer than 3 inches...more like 10...so that could be why they didn't work on his patients. I'm glad to hear it worked for you. You know, now, how draining this surgery is, so I would go with your gut and get your strength back before tackling another one. I sure do admire the brave souls out there who do the bilateral thing. Keep up the good work girl!
 
I know Nana757! Bilateral would be SO hard. Yes, I will be a working on my strength. I don't know how long it will hold out.
How are you doing?
 
I'm doing great @Medfordart. I'm going home Sunday. I wish it was tomorrow, but this gives my DH time to clean up his mess at home, before I get there. All the staff here at the rehab center are so impressed at how far along I am...they make me feel like some kind of super woman. I was telling my DH today that if I had to do this again, I wouldn't change a thing. Coming to a rehab facility took all the pressure off both of us and I still had 24/7 medical care.
Don't know if you saw my question earlier about where in jersey are you...I'm a jersey girl too..by birth and school years....Pt Pleasant area. Still have 2 brothers that live in that area too. If you don't want to make it public...pm me...I would love to know.
 
Hi Nana757... I did not see the note that you were a Jersey girl! I am Southern, but have lived in Jersey now 44 years...love it! We live in Voorhees.
Rehab was not an option for me. This Joint Replacement Institute believes in getting you straight home. They worry about anything you might pick up in rehab. I can DEFINITELY see the advantages! It would have been so much easier on my husband. I am glad they are treating you like a Superstar...I am sure that you are!!!
Keep up the great healing and progress!!!! Remember...we are Jersey Strong!
 
Hi @Medfordart,
I'm on vacation way up in the north woods so have been "off grid". Just wanted to see how you are doing-thinking of you and wishing you the best!
 
@Medfordart
Voorhees isn't far from rt 70, which is the route I used to take from down here to go visit family on the shore. Next time I go up that way I'll wave as I go by...lol!
How are you doing today?
 
Way to go @Medfordart!!! Not sure I would have taken the car out, but I'm a chicken, at heart. It's amazing what our bodies can do so quickly after being traumatized the way it was with this surgery. Another milestone!! Good job!
 
@Medfordart You really are zooming ahead what with the long walks & car journeys already. If you pop up and post about Salsa classes I'm going to have to get really jealous

Seriously, major congrats on your progression and long may it continue. It seems such a short while ago we where both pre-op, you have to be amazed at what the human body can do.

Good luck and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Andy. I am still real sore and have to take breaks often. Last night was one of those nights that I didn't sleep that much.
My OS and PT encourage movement and driving. I had to be off drugs and be able to brake. I practiced the day before. I am not ready for the highways, but should be able to drive to PT next week.
Hope you are doing well. Salsa....hopefully will be in all of our futures.
 
I think that it might be time to quit posting my progress. I have been very fortunate and have worked very hard. Most of my success is due to my OS. He is extremely advance in techniques. The practice promotes aggressive active recovery.
I am thinking of you all. I am wishing a smooth road ahead.
Please do not get frustrated by how fast my progress has gone. I was in great shape (walking 5 miles a day) when I started this journey.
I am here to answer questions but I think I am over the need to post my recovery...until I have my left hip done.

Thanks especially to all of my new friends that lifted my spirits during the dark days.

Today at 5 o'clock...I toast you all!
 
And I'll be raising a glass of wine to us both from Budapest shortly! See you back here soon! Continued health and blessings.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Go, Medford, go! I think that you are ready for that summer concert! Following your thread has been a big help to me and thank you for your advice a few days ago.
I wonder when you will do the other hip??
You will know when the time is right.

:loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom