THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so agree about the groceries before a big Nor'easter or worse. We are out of milk so hubby is going to go stock up shortly.
I can't wait until I can swim and do more! The rain makes me a bit stir crazy. aargh!
 
I am soaking wet! It is brutal out there! I may be home the rest of the day!
 
Take care @Medfordart, I will be thinking of you-watching the news and weather-I heard it will remain off shore? Hope your rains are the extent of it!!
 
I bet you are Medford. It is pouring buckets here. My husband forgot about the umbrella that inserts into our large glass table in the back yard. the wind gust torqued the 'brella and shattered the glass everywhere!
So he wasn't a happy camper this morning, driving rain, gusty winds and picking up glass shards.
I just hope the large trees in our neighborhood stay upright. That's usually what takes our power for a couple days.
 
Yes i was told that by a physiotherapist after my hip but I did not go it to it in more detail as I do not do the breast stroke any way. May be its the equivalent of don't cross the road in case you get run over!! Take care.
 
Just ot back from the gym. Worked on swimming In the warm therapy pool. I modified the kick some...seems to work (pretty slow) right now.
They are saying the Hurricane is staying off coast.....It is really miserable outside right now.
 
Good job, Medford! Gosh, and it's only Friday! All of this rain and the hurricane's effects aren't here yet. Bleh.
I may have to ask hubby to drive me to a mall so I can get a nice walk in tomorrow.
I am getting a wee bit stir crazy!
 
I wish you had good weather to get out and walk...hopefully next week. A mall is a good idea...
 
Walking the mall is good! There are several in our area and I always see groups doing the "walk" just after opening time, when it's not so crowded. Of course you have to dodge the rain to get inside. Fortunately, we also dodged a bullet with Jauquin, but this daggone nor'easter just won't die! Keep dry my friends!
 
This week marks 4 months since my RTHR. Wow! I remember reading posts that things just get better...and they do!
I am moving so much better! I only notice my hip when I have been sitting for a while. Once moving, it works itself out.
I am back at the gym almost daily. I have been working hard with weights especially concentrating on glute and hip flexors. This work is strengthening my muscles. I am almost normal with stairs and my gait.
I am posting this for anyone early in the recovery process. I will shout the slogan of my orthopedics..."Thank out for giving me back my life!"
Hope I can keep delaying the left hip for a while...
 
Great news @Medfordart! I'm 4 months right hip and 2 months left. Yes it is amazing. Even with 2 I'm thinking about heading back to the elliptical and some weight machines. I had a great PT that got me on track but I still need a lot of strengthening. So glad you are doing well!
 
Great to hear from you @Doodles51 . Yes, but he weights are great....just start light. I think physical therapy was fantastic....started me with weights at the end. I really feel stronger. I have been working on arms also.
 
Well, Hi there @Medfordart! It's great to hear from you and that you are doing so well. It's amazing how quickly time passes once we hit the "I'm healed and ready to get on with my life" mark. I will have my 4th month anniversary on the 30th and I can honestly say, I rarely think about my new hip anymore. Of course, I do still have minor aches and pains, but even those are working themselves out. And I do have to remember that some of those aches and pains comes with my age. But, isn't it wonderful that we are now able to do what we enjoy doing? Have a wonderful day!
:flwrysmile::yes!:
 
What a great report @Medfordart ! Sounds like you are doing great at the gym - it must feel so good to be regaining your muscle strength. Are there any machines in particular that you are using for the glutes & hip flexors? At my gym there is only one glute machine and it is one in which you stand and kick backwards. Right now one of my precautions is not to kick backwards but I hope I can do that soon. My butt needs a bit of firming up after sitting on my rump the past couple months. :heehee:
 
Hi @Nana757 . Great to hear from you. I have been keeping up with your recovery and I am so happy how you you progressed!
@Hipster Girl , yes, I use the glute kick back. I just started that one last week. It is great, but wait until you are ready. I also do a leg press machine and then the one with the upward and backward pushes. I was doing those at the end of my physical therapy. I was having trouble swimming the breast stroke a month ago, but tested the frog kick yesterday and it is back! I think our bodies gradually get back. It is a wonderful thing!
 
@Medfordart
I've been doing the "donkey" kicks at PT, too. They put weights on my ankles for those and a few other table exercises. I also am using the leg press machine to build up my leg muscles. I believe all are helping to bring back the glutes and thigh muscles. Once my PT runs out, I think I may join a gym or start going to the rec center. It'll give me something to do during the winter months, to stay strong and healthy. And that's always a good thing. :)
 
Sounds like a plan Nana757, being on the East Coast it is hard to get out to walk during the freezing days. I love ending my workouts with a swim or relaxing I. The whirlpool.
 
Yay @Medfordart. You were one of my inspirations! So happy you are doing so well, and such dedication at the gym! Thanks for letting us know! Hugs to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom