Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all need rants along the way! Most of us are pretty positive but we are allowed to be bit rant too. You are so new out of surgery - join the roller coaster club! Tears are an optional extra. I had them by the bucket load - tears because I was tired, was sad, was happy, was watching a film etc . Look forward to hearing more about your journey.
 
@Medfordart
We were all getting that message. It was just a glitch. I'm so sorry you're a bit down! My foot always turns in on the side I'm having the surgery on. Born that way. I seem to remember a couple other members experiencing the same thing. Maybe you can page one of the moderators?
 
I really had to concentrate to turn my foot outwards. Positioning the pillows helped. I ran them lengthwise all the way from the top of my thighs to below my feet. It worked well after I played with it for awhile. Don't be too hard on yourself! You're recovery will be much easier to handle if you throw your hands up, throw away the clock and the calendar, and relax. Just takes time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. My son , daughter-in-law and 4 of my grandkids are coming over tomorrow night. They live 1 1/2 hour away. They were on a family vacation in Maine last week. I did not want to ruin their vacation when I was rescheduled up. I just hate for them to see me this way. That is causing a lot of stress for me. My oldest grandson (7)face timed me yesterday so that I could hear his favorite song...cheerleader. I could tell he was worried. My other grandchildren, daughter and son in law are almost three hours away. It would be hard to have them all at the house right now. I want to be the active grandmother...not the one with a walker that can hardly move her leg.
 
Now you see why I hid out during my surgery/recovery. My sisters knew and extended family but they promised no visits until I was ok. A few folks stopped by and I enjoyed their visits but they didn't expect me to entertain or be my normal, hospitable self. The kids stayed away until well after my 12-week check-up. Frankly, it shouldn't have been an issue. They understood and were totally fine. Please do not compromise your advances thus far for what a child may think. You'll be in so much better shape to enjoy them and play later. Just grunt through it. ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Medfordart I was blocked out of the site too today, caused a moment of panic. You can tell I come here alot. Lol. The nausea and constipation were horrible for me also. And the blues oh ya....I hope the pain has calmed done by now. Hang in there....
 
@Medfordart so understand. I have two grandsons aged 4 and almost two. I have never played on the floor with them. The four year old has spent a lot of the summer with us so he has gone through my recovery. At one point he was such a helper, he would bring me anything. They really enjoy helping and he is amazed at all my firsts as I am amazed at his. Yes, it can be depressing that we actually have to have firsts. But soon they seem like you have always been able to do them...drive a car again, spend the afternoon playing cards with friends, use a bathroom without a riser on the toilet, take a shower without feeling you ran a marathon, walk without pain, walk without limping, so many improvements. They will come for you too. You are early in your recovery and it is hard to imagine feeling well again. But laughter with your grandkids is good for your soul. Hang in there...hugs and some sunshine.
 
The pt at the hospital said my operated leg foot turns in also. He said pt is going to have fun with me. I do not go out to pt for 2 weeks. It is from walking out of whack for so long. I have my left scheduled for September 24 so hoping having them done so close together will help get back to a normal walk. He told me to pick my feet up and walk that I want to go back to waddling. Hopefully they will work with us and get us back to normal.
 
Congratulations on having a new hip! I try to remember that recovery is a process, not an event. Some day's I have to remind myself often just how bad it was before surgery. I lost most of my upper leg muscle strength due to pain and the way I was walking. It takes time. I was scared because I couldn't do the leg lifts the first week post op. Some people did not get down to the level of disability that other's have, so it takes longer. You seem to be doing good.
Good luck in your recovery.
 
@Medfordart ! I couldn't get online yesterday and was worried about you! So sorry to hear about the nausea.. my worst fear. I tend to have that issue after surgeries. I am working today so will peek back later and catch up on your progress.. big hugs to you and a little back rub, too!
 
Hello @Medfordart thinking about you (and all the others on here), hope you are making good progress and your leg turning inward is getting sorted, so glad you have a good PT it all helps I guess in the recovery when we are surrounded by folk that have REAL care when we are a little maybe under the weather...I often think that hospital staff are special people and they given something special to have the patience and care they display...most of them anyway:heehee: thanks for your reply earlier.
 
I am better today...completely worn out by PT and frustrated by my body. I have basically rested all day. Son, daughter-in-law and 4 grandchildren coming late today. I need my energy! Medical people are very special caring people!
 
nice to hear from you!! Medfordart....do enjoy your family and I'm sure they will give you a boost...
 
I wish I could say fine!! but that would not be true...so frayed with pain, I was just writing a new thread on how quickly I have really become a wheelchair case (except I don't use one:groan:)...my pride... almost overnight...the hip keeps dropping me or letting me down, so afraid when I come down the stairs, I think any minute I am going to fall...oh dear not long now...I think stress brings on pain more, and had a bit of worry and all my joints wrists and shoulders felt as if the sledge hammer had been at them... sorry a moan but its what it is...thanks for asking ...as we say here in the UK...keep your chin up!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom