Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Bonesmartie's:friends:
I am giving my monthly up-date early, so I can wish everyone a "Happy New Year" I will
Be 7 months on Jan.3, 2014:egypdance::happydance::spin::yahoo:I can't believe it....I could go on & on
Just babbling, So, I have condensed my thoughts to 3 important things I have learned :ok:
1. This forum works..Rest, Ice ( a lot) elevate & pain meds on time I followed the "Mantra" to a tee
& am proof of a good out come. You don't do these things once or twice, it can go on for months.
When you feel like a Popsicle, ice some more:heehee:

2. take a "Knee-cation every few days..No exercise, no C.P.M machine, no therapy....just ice & elevate
Your knee will Thank You:)

3. The most important...Listen to your body, What is your knee telling you ? Is it saying this P.T is
Hurting me ? If so, Don't let them near you...
Speak up for yourself, no one else will. We have a frying pan you can use:rotfl:@Myway
If your knee needs a day off exercising, take a day off. there's always tomorrow. Be kind to yourself...

At 7 months out I am walking great, no pain at all, No limp. Problem is I can't walk 24-7
I'm still a bit stiff, not my knee. My knee doesn't like to lay side ways on the bed.
The good far out ways the bad, the other day I ran after :puppysmooze: I haven't ran in 12 yrs:yikes: I was so happy
A slice of all the good things I can look forward to in the New Year.
I wish all of you contained success in your recoveries, The Best is yet to come:yes!:
Sincerely,
Diana.." JUNE SUNBEAMS":SUNsmile: Welcoming in "2014"
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
@new knee in June, have changed your title per your request. Great update! so happy that things continue to go so well for you. Nice things is that they will keep right on getting better and better.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Today is my knee's 7 month "Birthday":dancy::egypdance::happydance::yahoo:Still continuing to do well....
I just shoveled 12 inches of snow:snow dig: My knee isn't complaining & feels great:yes!:
I can do everything in my life. Just think 7 months ago I literally could not walk:sigh: My daughter
Would drop me off at work & I would just stand in the walkway. I would get in my building &
Have to sit immediately :shocked:( I work by myself ) My O.S has given me a new life, a new beginning
& I am so Happy:)
I hope everyone reads my recovery.....I:angel: Everyone gets to the point in their recovery,
Where they can say "I'm so happy I had my replacement" It was so worth it !!!!!!!!!!:dancy:
Take Care,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Happy new year year Diana!:cheers:

So happy that you are going from strength to strength with your recovery and gained a totally new lease of life. We share an operation date although my progress is much slower than yours I hope to make more progress in 2014

Very impressed with your slow clearance efforts
:snow plough:

Take very good care in 2014
 
@referee54 Could you please change my thread title to...."I made it to the promised land "
Thank you,
Update 7 months & 3 weeks....:dancy::happydance::spin:
I am doing great, back to the gym, work, walking my:puppysmooze: My last few updates have been the same,
Only good news:yahoo:I wanted to give hope to folks who feel they will never get better....You will
As you all know it takes Patience & Time.
I am so happy to be getting 10 inches of snow tomorrow:snow dig: My new knee loves to shovel.
My knee doesn't like to lay side - ways on the bed. Other wise it works fine.
I hope as time goes by, other "Bonesmartie's" will meet me in the promised land.
Here's to a pain free life:martini:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Diana!! Congratulations!!! Your report is resounding with happiness and joy! It is great that you are doing so well!

Only good news:yahoo:I wanted to give hope to folks who feel they will never get better....You will
As you all know it takes Patience & Time.
This is very important for those going through the dark days of recovery to read---there is hope--and there is light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you so much for posting this---it will be a big help for those questioning the outcome!

PS---I took care of the title for you!
 
Today is my 8 month Anniversary of my Left Knee Replacement:dancy::happydance::yay::egypdance::yahoo:
Still doing great, walking no pain, no limp. That ripping Velcro is gone:yes!: Once in awhile I
Will take 2 Advil.
I am walking around my block & on the treadmill & also working on losing 20 lbs.:beg:
I hope everyone continues with good news on their recovery:friends:
Diana:snow dig:
 
Diane congratulation on you 8th month anniversary! Wishing you peace and health in your life! It that your beautiful daughter in the picture? How lovely like her Mother! Take care my friend and do not become a stranger EVER! :flwrysmile:Joan
 
Hello Everyone :)
Tomorrow will be 9 months for my new knee :happydance::yay: :yahoo:As promised my monthly update......
My knee is doing quite well, I can go to the gym :yes!:Walk my dog, :yes!:& go to work :yes!: I can
Kneel & sit cross legged & twice caught myself running up my back yard after my :puppysmooze:
I have never had Arthritis any where else in my body, I don't know if it's because I limped
For 3 yrs. ( I haven't limped since surgery ) or the freezing cold winter But, my whole body is
Achey :yikes:
I always said... I hope I didn't have a knee replacement, just in time for old age :rotfl:
I think it needs to get warm soon :beg:This has been the worst winter, ever:tantrum:
I hope everyone is doing well in their recoveries,
Sincerely,
Diana:snow dig:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
update, @new knee in June. You do notice the snow in the pic--just can't seem to get away from it. Can I surmise correctly that you are now really, really tired of shoveling snow? I posted this pic in the Social Room, but you might get a kick out of it:

[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
Take care, we care.
 
@bottomshollow
:rotfl::rotfl::rofsign::rofsign:You Caught me....I "Cry Uncle" I was watching the "Red Sox" today
In Ft. Meyers Florida & thinking Why can't that be me :beg:I was picturing in my mind, my Knee
In shorts with the warm :SUNsmile:Shining on it.
I love your wolf poster....so, true :)
These Winters just make us appreciate the Summer so much more :yes!:
Have a wonderful Evening,
Diana:snow dig:
 
Okay, Diana. Come on down. It was absolutely beautiful here today! It is one of the reasons we moved to Florida years and years ago. I don't think I've seen snow since December 1988 when we saw some in Gainesville and points north on our way back to Alabama for Christmas.
 
@daughter stalker
It is 9 degrees out now, Why on earth would I want to leave this "Bone chilling":shocked:Polar
Vortex ? :loll:Thank you for the invite :) My mom brought me to Florida in August :yikes: I thought
I would :thud: At least in the cold, I am well preserved :rotfl::rofsign:
Sincerely,
Diana:snow dig:
 
Hello Bonesmartie's :friends:
This post is not a rant :) I am just curious. On April 3, 2014 I will be 10 months out from
LTKR :happydance::yay: I have been doing great, no knee pain at all :egypdance:This last month, every joint
In my body aches :groan:I have been walking a lot more than usual. I cut down at the gym.
When I am walking I have absolutely no pain.My R.O.M is 140 & 0. I have racked my brain &
Have come up with a few thoughts.
1. I limped for 3 years, walking like a penguin. Since my surgery I walk perfectly straight:dancy:
Could my other muscles be aching since I haven't used them correctly ?:shrug:
2. I am on medications, that list joint aches as a side effects. Crestor for cholesterol
& my B.P meds.:skep:
3. Did I receive my knee replacement & get old ( 54 ) :shocked:This one is really
Bothering me :rotfl:
4. The weather has been really cold, rainy & snowy. Maybe in the Spring I will
Feel better:SUNsmile:
I am so happy with my replacement, I couldn't walk before surgery.
@referee54 What are your thoughts on this ? You can say I'm old, it won't
Upset me :heehee:
Thank you in advance,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom