Guest viewing is limited

TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Diana, I'm right behind you on our birthday dates. I would bet anything its the Crestor causing your aches. Same thing happend to my cousin who is on Cholesterol lowing meds. In fact hers got so bad that she had to change the medicine. I'll tell you one thing though, my feet are a mess since this surgery! I limp because of my feet, not my knees. One is so bad that I have to see a doctor soon because the pain is awful and goes into my ankle which gives out from time to time now. So share what you figured out. :)
 
Dear Debbie,
So nice to hear from you :) I am sorry your feet are bothering you :sorry:After all you went through
With your knees, now your feet hurt. It doesn't seem fair.
So, what I have figured out is.......I have been on my meds. For years. Lipitor made it so I couldn't
Lift my arms :yikes: My muscles were so sore. The Crestor has been fine. The only thing I have done
Different is watch my daughters :puppysmooze:While she & her boyfriend work. I take him for 1 or 2 walks
A day & also play with him in my hilly backyard. Too much walking.....I can't help getting old :rotfl:
I can't control the weather :no-fin:( which has been horrible, we are getting a Blizzard on Tuesday)
But, I can control my walking :yes: So that is what I will do.
I was in the O.D.I.C & didn't even realize it....
@daughter stalker would be so proud of me.
Take Care:friends:
Diana:snow dig:@scaredinCA
 
Since I am out of work early.....I thought I would post my 10 Month knee Birthday.......:happydance:
April 3, 2014. My knee is 10 months old today :dancy::egypdance::yay::happydance::yahoo:I am walking pain-free :yes!:
Do I still get sore ? :groan:You Betcha...... Is my knee tight at times ?:shocked:You Betcha.... But, All
In All....I am VERY HAPPY with my new Knee :spin:I can't wait to dig in my garden, with the :SUNsmile:
On my back & a smile on my face :) I am convinced my aches & pains have come from limping
For 3 years. Ever since I woke up from surgery 10 months ago. I have walked perfectly straight:egypdance:
That has to work muscles that I haven't used in a while. So, I will continue on in my recovery knowing
I made an Awesome decision in my quality of life.
I hope Everyone is doing well in their recovery,
It can only get better:puppysmooze:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
:yes!:
Happy Birthday to my new Knee :happydance:9 Months old Today...... :dancy::egypdance::happydance::yay::spin::yes!::yahoo::cheers2:
Diana :flwrysmile:[/QUOTE]

I missed your knee birthday by one day darn it!!!!! Happy happy BD to your knee! On to one year Post OP.... and a new life for both of us! ((HUGS!!!)):yes!: Joan
 
@gazelle7777
Thank You for your Birthday wishes :) Onward & upwards to our 1 year Anniversary :yay::egypdance:
Time goes by so fast, I can't believe it's almost 1 year.
Thinking of you :friends:My Bonesmart Buddy.....
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
@new knee in June

I'm 4 days behind you with my TKR, I can't talk knees as mine is nothing to go by at the moment, but I take Crestor, lowest dose.....it's fine for me but was the 4th statin I tried as the others all gave me aches. Crestor is supposed to be the best, as far as I know, with the least side effects. I certainly had to do some hard persuasion to get it prescribed as it's the most expensive.

My shoulder is now arthritic as well as the other knee. I'm going to have an injection when they'll do it.

Looking forward to gardening too :SUNsmile:
 
@Dabber
Thank You for the info. About Crestor :) I wasn't aware of it being the best, it certainly
Is expensive. Lipitor was fine until my doctor raised it. I couldn't lift my arms, my muscles
Were so sore:groan:I heard you were done with your treatments. I hope you are feeling much better
& your energy returns in time to garden :SUNsmile:I find gardening very relaxing & peaceful.
I miss @patient 99 & @BionicWoman2 It has been much to quiet without them :heehee:
Take Care,
Diana:friends:
 
Well Fellow "Bonesmartie's" My New knee will be 11 Months old Tomorrow May 3, 2014....
:cool::egypdance::spin::dancy::yes!::yay::wow::yahoo:
I am doing great, to prove we keep getting better I have been up on ladders & chairs at work:egypdance:
I have taken a long time to re- learn how to walk correctly ( after limping for 3 yrs.) I have had
To go back to "heel-toe" more than a few times. Then, I was walking with my leg muscles too tight.
I can finally take a leisurely walk without feeling all tight, swinging my arms & walking relaxed:dancy:
I am doing a 5K next Spring, training this year.
I will be going hiking this Summer.
This Journey just keeps getting better:) For a few months I didn't think I was making any progress,
But I was. You will too:ok:I can even walk fast now:dancy:
Thank You All for your continued support:friends:
Rock on, Rock On,
Diana:wave::loveshwr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] I Made It To the Promised Land
 
Hi Diana, typical isn't it. All the support you give me and what happens? I am away on your 11 month birthday. I've just been re-reading your thread. Yours is truly a success story. It must feel like a minor miracle to go from limping for so long to walking normally. I'm surprised that your other muscles haven't put up a fight. That must be down to your exercise regime. Or perhaps its just plain old fashioned good living.

Diana, I'm delighted for you. Couldn't have happened to a nicer girl - except me of course. HAPPY BIRTHDAY .
xx Carol
 
@patient 99
Carol,
How sweet !!!!! After walking for 2 days around the track, I needed a day off Today :walking:
( it sounds like I've been walking for 2 days ):rotfl::rotfl: You know what I mean! Why, you may
Ask Did I need a day off ? My muscles were killing me, IT band in my other leg, ankle in my
Good leg.:flabber:
But, We shall continue on this journey, head held high, Heel, Toe, Heal Toe.:egypdance:Knowing
One day.....the sun will shine a little brighter:SUNsmile: The birds will sing a little louder:chuckmarch:
& on that day, we will have made it to the "Promised Land":happydance::dancy::yay::yahoo:
Are we there yet ??:wave:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Hey Diana,

I saw that on Carol's thread you were taking my ODIC crown. You go girl!!!:wowspring:I don't need that platinum card anymore. Good to see you are doing well and are carrying on. :dancy: Happy Belated 11 month birthday!!! :loveshwr:

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
we will have made it to the "Promised Land"

Hi D, the longer I have to wait for the Promised Land the more my expectations grow. It better be one hell of a place. Do you think we had better start thinking of booking a place? I don't want any red tape to get in the way. Also I have just a few personal requests to make PL just right. I guess you do too. So I think we better sit down, write our request list and post it up the chimney tonight. Carol
 
Just in case I am late logging on tomorrow I wanted to do my little party piece now:

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday Diana, Happy birthday to you.

Sung in my very best voice.

Your ROM figs 140/O are Brilliant. Just like You. Have a lovely day birthday girl. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. When you take a walk in your yard look up, and there I will be giving you hugs and applause for a job well done. xx Carol
 
Hello Fellow "Bonesmartie's" :wave:
I stand here before you on my 1 year Annivesary of my LTKR.....:yes!::yay::dancy::egypdance::spin:
Last year on this date I couldn't stand or walk :shocked:So here is my up-date........
The most important thing I can tell you is....after 1 year....I am still improving :yahoo:
Day by day, week by week. The big thing this week is sitting "Indian" style & getting up &
Down from my garden :flwrysmile:Last week my knee couldn't do this. I walk 1 mile a day, I wish
It was more, but for now, this is what I can do:walking:( my muscles ache, not my knee) :heehee:
I would like to give a few shout outs to some special folks.....My surgery buddy @gazelle7777
Who's 1 year anniversary is tomorrow. I think about you often & hope you are doing well:friends:
The 2 funniest people on this Forum @RestAssured & @patient 99 your humor has been greatly
Appreciated, I find myself laughing while reading some of the antics you get yourselves into :rotfl:
@Dabber whose determination & strength make her a shining light on the Forum. Have fun in Paris:friends:@Bionic woman2 who proves you can't keep a good woman down:) @daughter stalker, Queen of the O.D.I.C...I
Bow in your presence:bow: @lavender your sweet, gentle nature makes me smile :)
All the "June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: Past & present....On to a more mobile pain free life...:SUNsmile:
All the Forum Advisors @bottomshollow & @referee54 Thank you so much for your encouragement,
When I needed you, you were there with kind words & made me feel so much better:yes:
@Josephine "Mother Hen" to us all:heehee: This Forum is so special to all of us, you do a wonderful job taking care of
So many "chicks" We love you for your compassion & knowledge :loveshwr:
Now, if you will all excuse me, my knee & I are making Summer plans....Cape Cod....by the beach:swim:
With a "Lobsta" roll & a Strawberry Daiquiri :martini:With whipped cream. Could Life get any better than this ?
I really don't think it can :yes!:
Sincerely,
Diana :wave::loveshwr::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
Happy Birthday Diana. You made it to the one year mark!!!! Are you still selling tickets to the promised land or do you feel like you're already there? Have a great birthday and not too much dancing.

Hugs, Dorothy:wow::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom