TKR I Made It To the Promised Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to you @new knee in June my June Sunbeam surgery twin :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:

We had our TKRs on the same day last year so today is our one year anniversary :martini::martini::cheers:

So happy that your wonderful recovery is continuing :wowspring:and your summer plans sound wonderful :surfer:. Fantastic that the improvements are still coming after all of this time so that you can live the life that you could only dream of just a year ago :hiking:

Good luck Puffin xx
 
I smiled when I read your one year update. One tenth about you and nine tenths about everybody else. How did you and I EVER become chums. There really must be something in the saying `opposites attract'.

The big thing this week is sitting "Indian" style

Now you really have put the cat amongst the pigeons!!! I've been trying all morning to do this. NO xx**!! chance. Instead I stuck a feather in my partly bold head and pretended I was Running Bear.

I can't wait for your 2 year post - Cossack Dancing? Limbo Dancing with slithering for good measure?
 
:friends::puppysmooze:Diana! Hello buddy!:loveshwr: It sounds like you are on to your life again after prior years of pain and misery suffering with that darn knee of yours and one year of worthwhile pain after surgery.... and all done with pain....YEA!:happydance:What a journey! What a worthwhile often times challenging journey! I still have problems getting up from being down on the floor doing my situps... thank goodness no one can see me:loll:. I will Keep working on that! LOL! I am impressed that you can do the Indian seated cross leg whatever! Now that is impressive to me!:bow:

Will you please drop me a hello every so often with your busy schedule? :type:I know it is a huge world and life goes on... but I would just like to keep in touch.... So after you hit the beaches... walk the dog:dogwalk: drink those daiquiris, relax in the tub:bath: and just live your life again gosh darn it!!!...... come back now and again and just give us all a hug here and we will return a hug... not many places in the world you can get a BIG hug! :friends: I will update my one year anniversary tomorrow on my thread... I do not think it could every be as good as your one year anniversary post! :goodpost:
Best Wishes EVER my friend! Lola also sends a hello!:puppysmooze:
Joan :)
 
Happy Knee Anniversary Diana,

I bow to you! Thanks for the update and all your support! Sounds like you are doing quite well. Keep up the great work.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Anniversary Diana!!! You sound wonderful and I know you feel (as I do) amazing! My one year anniversary of my BTKR was May 13th, but I was in a very, very bad emotional state and could not post anything here. Dealing with a new (horrible) next door neighbor sent my life into a tail spin. I hope the drama is over and I can go on with my life now. These last few weeks, I've been doing lots of gardening and thinking of you. I hope you would approve. My back yard is unusable because it holds so much water, so ... it will be a lot of work, but I'm planning to put in french drains and use builders grade sand and try to level it as much as possible. I will be turning almost the entire yard into a garden ~ trying to turn it into my own little "shire".

I want to thank you for all the support you've given me and tell you how much I appreciate it! This is such a wonderful place for those of us with joint issues. Hopefully, I will not need any other new joints, but if I do, I now have a great place to get information, support and great friends.

Thanks again and enjoy your summer!!!
:friends:Hugs, Lizzie
 
I just had my 1 yr. Check-up with my O.S :happydance::dancy::yahoo:I am doing Awesome. I found something
He said very interesting & I hope will give comfort to many of you.
I was telling him about how I was still making improvements after 1 yr., He told me about a patient
Of his, who had terrible ROM. This patient continued to get better into his 2nd yr. He improved
Greatly.
I know 2 yrs. is a long time :bored:But, I am still improving & so are many of you :)
I can now official say....I have 2 feet firmly planted in the "Promised Land" & the view is breath
Taking :yes!:If I never get an ounce better ( I know I will ):heehee: I am a 100 times better than I ever
Thought possible.
Hang in there, there's plenty of room in my "Promised Land" I hope to see you all there :wave:
Take Care,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Good Morning Diana! Thanks so much for your sunny hello on my thread this beautiful sunny morning! You started my day out right. Looks like both Koda and Lola are getting in lots of walks! I have been taking Lola with me now for about a month. We walk down by this lovely park where there is fresh running water and a huge green belt. They have the place all set up even with poop bag stations and for disposal. So it is just very nice! the ol' knees are doing so GOOD!! I have a FitBit Zip that I use everyday and try to get in my 10,000 steps a day. I still give thanks to my lovely new knees every day helping me get to my goal . Sounds like you are enjoying your new knee as well.

I have to go to the dentist on Friday morning... I have the dreaded tooth ache... probably end up having a root canal as I have a mouthful of crowns now... bummer... could not sleep last night. oh well..... such is the way of life. Hope you have a wonderful Summer Diana! Thanks so much for keeping in touch with me!
 
@gazelle7777
That is so wonderful that you have a park nearby to walk Lola :dogwalk: We have a dog park
5 minutes from our house. We also have a pond that Koda's Dad brings him to :swim:
They swim together. Koda won't go in the water without him:heehee: My daughter just got a full-time
Job, so for 2 days a week he will be going to doggy day care. This gives me a break, my husband is on days
At work for the Summer. So, it's just me & Koda. I don't drive so I can't get him to the park :driver:
But, I do have a school in back of my house for long walks :happydance:
Today is my husbands 65 th Birthday :old:I took the night off work, we are taking him out to eat.
My husband has more energy than me & I'm only 54 :rotfl:The man simply can't sit down, always has to
Be doing something. Drives me crazy :hairpulling: I on the other hand can relax all day long.:yawn:
Have a great Summer & I will keep in touch:SUNsmile:
All my best,
Diana :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Today is my 13 month Anniversary...:yes!::egypdance::happydance::yay:
If anyone is reading this, I was right, it does continue getting better after 1 yr.:dancy:
Within this month, My knee has been so much better on getting up from the ground &
Sitting "Indian Style" on the ground.
@patient 99
I forgot to tell you it is my Anniversary :sad: Can you sing to me & bake me a Cake ? :beg:
Thank You, your'e the best :friends:
@harplayer
I couldn't find your thread, How is your Hip ? I hope all is well with you :)
Have a great 4th of July, I plan on getting even better next month ( on walking distance ):walking:
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:Carol, Make that a Walnut Cake :heehee:
@daughter stalker & @BionicWoman2 I hope you are both doing well...Have a few of these :martini:
On me.
 
Diana! Hello Buddy! Happy 13 month anniversary! :cheers: Found your sweet post on my thread. Thanks for thinking of me! Sounds like we both are doing well in our journey since surgery. With the great weather, I have been walking With Lola and trying to get my 10,0000 steps in for the day. :dogwalk: For 10 years prior to getting these two knees, I probably did not walk 10,000 steps in one month! My how wonderful to be able to move again! I planted flowers this year.....I do not have a green thumb and they just do not look real happy. The squirrels dig everything up? Guess I will not take up gardening for a hobby..... I am dealing with a bum tooth..:gaah:.hoping no root canal, taking it day by day. Hugs and happy Forth of July! Love Joan:loveshwr:
 
My 14 month update is here :happydance:August 3, 2014.....:egypdance:
My Knee is doing great, no pain, R.O.M about 150.... I am still getting better. My knee
Can be in any position & doesn't hurt. I might add... My replaced knee is still larger than
My good knee. I have a pretty bad scar from my Osteotomy removal ( O.S. Said I could
Do plastic surgery ) but, I am very proud of my battle scars. They trace my journey of 35 yrs.
Since my car accident, Osteotomy, total L Knee replacement. I am now at the end of my
Journey. Some of you are just starting out, hang in there, it is a long recovery, but so worth
It in the end :)
Shout out to fellow "SUNBEAMS":SUNsmile:
@puffin my surgery twin....I hope you are doing well :friends:It has been a difficult recovery
For you & I hope you have been getting out & about :)
@Titianlady
You are in my thoughts & prayers:friends:I hope you find the answers you are looking for
& I will always be here for you :loveshwr:
@gazelle7777
I hope you will be posting an up-date on the 4th, so many folks can be encouraged by
Your thread. I will keep in touch with you:friends:Give Lola a big Hug from me :dogwalk: Koda is 92lbs :shocked:
A gentle giant:heehee:
I don't post much anymore, but I do check on a few folks.
Have a wonderful Weekend,
Diana.... Sitting pretty in the "PROMISED LAND" :martini:
 
:shrug:Diana!!!!!! Happy 14 month Anniversary to you!:happydance::wowspring:

So happy to hear that you are doing so well! Wow! That ROM is amazing! I really do not know what mine is now. I know it is better than when I had my last PT. I doubt it is at 150. I still forget to bend these knees because of all the years on not bending them... I have to tell myself to BEND. Do not feel bad about your scars..... I have the most UGLY scars:shrug: on both knees.... I do not know if I just do not heal nice neat scars, or if my surgeon needs a lesson in cutting? I got wrinkles and puckers on my knees and dark scars...... not pretty! Thank goodness I am not a leg person... and I can cover them up easy.

Koda is a big boy! 92 pounds! Good protection I bet as well! Lola has trimmed down some as she got overweight from Mama over feeding her... All the all the nice walks we have been going on lately has helped her as well as me! :dogwalk: She loves our walks and is my best walking buddy!:puppysmooze:

I will update on my thread on August 4th... I have some new news to share with you then..... :type: Diana, please ALWAYS keep in touch with me either threw PM or on your thread...

Talk to you again soon! Joan :friends:
 
Diana Happy Anniversary!! 15 months into a new life!:wowspring::dancy::yay::happydance:

Hope this finds you and Koda doing well! As we move towards fall... the changing of the seasons... we move on to living our pain free life. What a joy this knee surgery has been for both of us!! I hope both of our threads with our journeys in detail help others to see the good that can come from joint replacement. My 15 month anniversary date for my BTKR is tomorrow Sept.4th, and I will update then on my thread. Just a few weeks for me to have this hip replaced on Oct 1. I am much more prepared this time. I know what I needed from my last surgery to be more comfortable and have made arrangements that will work much better during the healing process. Best to you Diana! Happy Fall! Joan:SUNsmile:
 
150 ROM is wonderful and I envy you!! I'm so glad to hear how well you have done Diana. You helped me so much when I was recovering from bilateral, made me giggle a few times, always upbeat and supportive. Thank You for that and see you around hopefully. :friends:
 
Today is my 15 month Anniversary on my LTKR...Sept. 3, 2014..... :happydance::yay::dancy::yahoo:
I really have nothing but good news to report. This will probably be my last up- date on
My thread. I have finally been able to touch my foot to my butt, after months of practice :heehee:
I have also recently lost 10 lbs. :upright:10 more to go & my knee will thank me. Even though
I don't post much, you are all in my thoughts & Prayers :friends:This Forum is amazing, the friendships
Are important to our recovery.
To everyone having a difficult recovery, I hope you can achieve the results you so deserve :)
To not think about your knee & just get up & go is priceless :dogwalk: @gazelle7777 I will be
Looking forward to your up- date tomorrow.
@scaredinCA Hi Debbie, I hope you are doing well.
Love,
Diana.....Sitting pretty in the "PROMISED LAND" :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom