Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Can't stand ice on knee. And can't stand to elevate.
I will honest with you here---icing and elevating will help cut down on the swelling, which, in turn, will help cut down on your discomfort.

Please describe how you are elevating your leg---perhaps it is the method that you are using.

I know the ice hurts immediately, but, in a while, the pain will go away if you ice long enough. It will help reduce the swelling, which, in turn, will help with your pain issues.
 
Angel, what are you taking for your pain? Need medication, dosage strength and how frequently, please. You may be undermedicated.
 
Angel, you have quite a bit of swelling in your knee---try reading these two articles.

Elevating your leg to control swelling and pain
Using ice

Elevating will help with the swelling.

the pain in your foot is probably plantar faciaitis you can google it. But, most folks do some stretching of that area under your arch and use ice and massage to try to stretch that area out.
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.

That's is what Ice pack I got off amazon. Plus 2 small blue gel ones.
And I do the 3 pillow stack.
Thinking of getting my moms wedge.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just can't stand for to long. And I can elevate some. But I get stiff. Can't stand pillows very long. Makes leg fill weird.
Hubby Smart off cause he has get me milk in middle night cause Im in pain or roll around try get comfy. Also he said pt ain't doing anything. Cause I can't walk with out Walker. He mad cause he gotta go pay bills and go store lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, you didn't answer my question about meds.
 
Angel, what are you taking for your pain? Need medication, dosage strength and how frequently, please. You may be undermedicated.


Nucynta 75 mg every 4 hrs
Tylenol 200 if needed


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum[/QUOTE]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Nucynta sounds fine and I'm glad you are taking it regularly every 4 hours. Don't skip doses even if you're feeling okay at the time. If you are allowed to supplement it with Tylenol, are you doing that? If you take the Tylenol for breakthrough pain, you need to take a full dose of 1000mg at a time with no more than 4 doses in 24 hours. Be sure and count any other meds you might take like cold or allergy medication in that 4000mg daily total. Tylenol does not come in 200mg strength, so I'm not really sure what strength tablets you have available. You could use either 325mg (3 tablets=975mg) or 500mg (2 tablets =1000mg) strength to get the full dose.

If you are taking this medication like you indicate and you still have pain, it is an indicator that you are up and doing too much activity. You are early in this recovery process. Please allow yourself time to heal. You should not be up cooking, cleaning or fetching things for your family. They are capable of doing for themselves temporarily while you recover.
 
@Jamie. I can't stand to take any pills. They made me all sick. Have eat crackers. Main pain is night.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jane it is 100 mg Tylenol. White casuals over counter. She told me if I get pain before pain med wore off take it.
Pain is usually here [
Going to back of leg. But it's not real bad. Just night gets real achy.

I don't get up a lot. Just walk from bedroom to bathroom if eamt long walk. If want short them go to potty chair in bedroom. Or house is long.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1426133680.193936.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay me its 5"". Been up a hr in agony.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.

For anyone who ask how I elevate and ice. It hard but this is the way I try. I go to the chair couch recliner. Or take small walks. Get worn out fast. Pill Take for ever to take affect. When it does. I fill normal. It's don't give me zombie affect. No spazims this time which is good. Sleeping is mother story But toss turn roll. Get comey boom awake but it's definitely not like partial. Glad it's not pop out place. I guess I'm just worry wart. I am young. Seem have my kids to help u till they did so much they tierd. Or say what know lol. Have hubby when he wants to. But he just old grouchy man. Have mom to talk to. But she 82 and has her own life. I know I said it a lot. Just gets boring with no one to talk to. Church friends yeh right. Lol all came found that out. Well I've bored everyone enough lol.

This is another one I have ice pack.
I learned not to let get all way frozen

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Angel1978

I hope that you are ok? It's 12.30 midnight here. I'm very tired. Thought I would check in on you. What happened to your church friends then? X

Btw your knee is healing lovely xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I fill great Nana moon 27.
It's 9:10pm here in Ky
Honestly I don't know what happened.
They all had a lot more mowny than I did and was able to travel on trips with the church. To me fills like they became snobby when they got non paying jobs in church. Don't matter to me. I have my GOD,kids,mom,hubby when he wants to be,and my kitty... I moved from wva here. And the set friends I had there well let's say. Not a good influence. I worked all week. Came home to kids. When kids go to there friends. I would go out with them. And cause I could not do that no more they backed away. The reason I stopped is cause I had met guy I'm married to at church group. But he changed rapidly. Anyways don't matter. God will protect me. Suck to not have friends. But oh well.


I am surprised my knee is healing as good as it is. On the knee the right side aches. And behind in bend aches.
But it's not like it was and no poping.


Xxxx have good day rest.
 
You are on the mend, definitely having a good day with your knee. You are young, your body is healing. I am so pleased for you. Just be careful to resist the temptation of overdoing it. I have to go. My meds make me type random stuff when I'm tired Have a great day sending you (((hugs))) Love Nana moon 27 x x
 
You are on the mend, definitely having a good day with your knee. You are young, your body is healing. I am so pleased for you. Just be careful to resist the temptation of overdoing it. I have to go. My meds make me type random stuff when I'm tired Have a great day sending you (((hugs))) Love Nana moon 27 x x




Thanks Nana moon 27. I had take me one. My leg was ache and foot was get cramps. I walk just around my house. Cause I am scared to do anything else. I look for my knee to pop. And I am so glad it don't. That will be my fear. But should not think negative.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I know it's hard @Angel1978

You're doing just great x keep your pain meds on time. It will control the pain and stop you from feeling low. Pain is a grandmaster to make you feel low xx

Try and stay positive. This will be so worth it in the end. You will feel differently in a couple more weeks. It will be like someone has waved a magic wand and given your knee a new lease of life.

You will be able to enjoy the summer with your kids and then you can say I'm so glad I've had it done x instead of oh I wish I'd never had this done xx that thought is a temporary one that a lot of people go through. It passes x

Also remember thoughts are exactly that....just thoughts. They are not facts x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom