Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

@Jamie. Not really pain. Just ache. And try get comfy. I take the Nucynta event 4 hrs some time 5-6 if I've take tylonal. But it's not bad as I thought it would be.


Did not know if there was any alternative elivating methods. Cause some work and others don't but can't tolerate for long. Instead of 3 pillow stack. 2 works better.


Trust me I don't do nothing. Took walk from porch to truck. With Walker and back. Won't do that but one time week. Been doing easy ankle pump heal side and leg lift with blanket. Short walks to bedroom and bathroom. It just feels like log leg. But it's get easier. Is scar suppose be bumpy? Kids hub been Heip more.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It is normal to have some bumps in the scar this early in recovery. It will smooth itself out with time.
 
Hi @Angel1978

The insomnia is unfortunately part of this recovery. I'm fed up of Candy Crush, Candy Crush soda and all that lot xx I don't have very good concentration at the moment.

I'm glad you got a bit if fresh air. Good for you x x x
 
Thanks. I like candy crush. I been playing jewels etc. walk felt good but was long hard. My hub did a 360;-) he been help me. I said please be in my shoes.

I don't have good concentration either. I am a bit sleepy.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I will have look that one up. Xxxxxoooo how are u feeling? I am bored. My hubby is sick.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel my girls are 16 and 10. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis aged 28. Had lots of scopes and clean ups. Eventually went bone on bone on the lateral side so i had an opening wedge femoral osteotomy. That op failed and had to be revised but damage was done to the medial side. So i had the TKR in Nov 14. Had a lot of pain and instability which led to this revision TKR.
I am in Scotland, UK
If 2 pillows work for you then use the 2 its better elevating some than none :-)
Do you wrap your ice packs in a towel before putting on your knee?
My husband is back at work today so im on my own now lol. Dont know if thats a good thing as i get tempted to do stuff around the house haha.
The log feeling will go so dont stress about it too much. Im on 1 crutch around the house. Its still hard but will get there.
I need to take my youngest to school today but its only across the road and that will be a 2 crutches walk haha :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978
Thanks for popping over to my thread. I was away all of last week in Cornwall, the very SW tip of the UK. It is really beautiful there, rugged coastlines, we had lots of coastal walks.
My knee is doing really well these days, it's just a matter of strengthening all the muscles now. You will get to the same place, it takes a while, but things will improve, and you will be able to enjoy the summer.
Take care xxx
 
@Nana moon 27. I can't wait. I doze off to. Often have eat saltine crackers or cheese or peanut butter crackers. I Prob gained 100 lb lol. Na Prob lost with all puke. Ick. Up early to get clean up. Pt be here yay me.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Ellejay.
Sounds fun. I love to walk. Can't wait till I can start again. Wow all live far from me. I wana visit Scotland. Alsways been dream of chorus if I win lottery. Yeh right. Lol to me olny winners is one who already rich. Xxx



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel my girls are 16 and 10. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis aged 28. Had lots of scopes and clean ups. Eventually went bone on bone on the lateral side so i had an opening wedge femoral osteotomy. That op failed and had to be revised but damage was done to the medial side. So i had the TKR in Nov 14. Had a lot of pain and instability which led to this revision TKR.
I am in Scotland, UK
If 2 pillows work for you then use the 2 its better elevating some than none :-)
Do you wrap your ice packs in a towel before putting on your knee?
My husband is back at work today so im on my own now lol. Dont know if thats a good thing as i get tempted to do stuff around the house haha.
The log feeling will go so dont stress about it too much. Im on 1 crutch around the house. Its still hard but will get there.
I need to take my youngest to school today but its only across the road and that will be a 2 crutches walk haha :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum


We sound familiar on the scopes and osteoporosis. I had tons. I had acl sugary when I was 14 to.
Yeh I wrap them in a towel or pillow case. I would be careful doing to much. I did when I had partial. But slowed down allot. Relized that I was harm self. Be careful walking with the crutches. I have use to. Lol I ain't steady. I use Walker in house. Won't use it outside cause have small size walk. Well used it take walk down steps to truck. Other wise my yard is mud and dirt don't get out a lot. My hub work which sucks. I hate being on own. But I am cautious. This saugury is harder on me. But I am look forward to the outcome of no pain and fun. Just hope I can squat lol or be able to get on floor. But doubt it. Guess will have get air mattress for camping cause won't be able to get off ground.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


My kitty lays beside me. Lol
She funny we have treadmill and she hears is and she has to watch my hubby on it. She smacks at it. When pt ot and nurse is here she has to watch them.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks!! She is my little buddy. She sets by me and watches me.
@cherab



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We'll have not been no where. Pt went good. I am at 91 bend but it hurts laying ice and elivating as good as I can.
I think I have some kind of bug.
I started to throw up and my stomach hurts.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow what a night. Up all night. Massive headache and sick. Blah. Felt nasty. Had took pain pill and crackers. And I lost it. I was a mess. Hub cut foot open. And he on blood thinners. Gez we the bare of bad luck.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Have a blessed lucky pain free day.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well we'll just found out leg is longer.

Pt went good today. ? Anyone else been told left leg is shorter. And saugury knee need to be straighten. Gez what next. Bend sucks. Leg heavy.


Anyone else experiencing when u do excise and stop leg dangle and fills like pins needle in foot and goes sleep.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKRev MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom