Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hiya Nana moon 27. Thanks for the advice. It's been rough!!! I just can't wait to be able to put it on the floor. Just feels weird and stiff. I took pill over 30 min ago and hoping it starts. Cause I want to sleep. Cause 2-6 I wake up and am in agony. Do u have a Facebook page.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No I don't do FB, sorry hon. I have privacy issues. It's a miracle I even post my face on here!!!

You're lucky I've been struck with insomnia tonight. That's how come I'm around. Just went downstairs done a cup of hot chocolate (no whipped cream or marshmallows) I've no pain in my TKR and my left one is an ache but that's because I've taken my meds on time through the day today (well yesterday I should say).

Taking the medication on time is very important. Especially in the early stages like you are. If you don't and the pain takes over it's very difficult to get back on top of the pain and get it under control. At least if you take the meds as prescribed in the day, you should be reasonably comfortable. You will still ha be a bit of discomfort but not bad pain xxx

You're doing well x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
No I don't do FB, sorry hon. I have privacy issues. It's a miracle I even post my face on here!!!

You're lucky I've been struck with insomnia tonight. That's how come I'm around. Just went downstairs done a cup of hot chocolate (no whipped cream or marshmallows) I've no pain in my TKR and my left one is an ache but that's because I've taken my meds on time through the day today (well yesterday I should say).

Taking the medication on time is very important. Especially in the early stages like you are. If you don't and the pain takes over it's very difficult to get back on top of the pain and get it under control. At least if you take the meds as prescribed in the day, you should be reasonably comfortable. You will still ha be a bit of discomfort but not bad pain xxx

You're doing well x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx




Well guess i doze off for few. Just wake this early. Lol it's every morning. I love fb that how I got talk to my sis. Wow the ache is kill me. I try stay on top Meds. I need to be able to get leg straight. Fills weird. Yum hot coco. I have to have marshmallows;-). I guess I be up for while know. This everyday wake up.










Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your wound looks great Angel :-) Mines still looks quite yucky. Glad all seems to be going well and no popping :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your wound looks great Angel :) Mines still looks quite yucky. Glad all seems to be going well and no popping :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum



Me to. It's sad lol I am scared though.
So how are you doing in recovery? I have few problems. But nothin like before. Mine is just hard to walk with. I am using Walker with wheels.
My leg often get stiff. But I can take short walks and get it feeling better.
Just feels so heavy. Won't bend good. And can't hardly put on floor when walk. Xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum[/QUOTE]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee. Im doing ok its like hauling around a lump of wood haha. Its early days so not worrying so much just now about bend. Icing and elevating as much as possible.

This Is mines lol

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly it does not look that bad. It's often funny cause I say my knee look bad. And someone will say no it's a pretty scar. I think we think it's worse than it is. My bend is ok. I know this is way different than partial. I mainly have pain on the left side of know and in the bend. But it's a ache pain. Nights is bad for me. It's hard for me to elevate. And hurts to I'ce. But I do it. Hope your journey gets better. Stay in touch. Lol my thread is always quiet. Does your leg when u stand up to walk fill like its stiff and hard to put down and walk? I'm using my Walker can't do it with out. Just leg fills weird. Xxxx AnGeL


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Angel1978 Your knee looks like it has healed very nice great to see and on your way great job another step along the way in your recovery journey. Friends true friends do not judge you for for what you have to offer by monitary means they should be your friend because you are who you are. You might be surprised that you actually have friends and not realize it people you see neighbors can be your friend . a friend does not have to be someone you see all the time they can be people you meet while buying your groceries someone you see when you go to your doctor people who you interact with good friends do not make their friends feel unhappy or less then they are if they make you feel that way might be better without them.

Sometimes now with all the technical stuff friends are people you meet on your phone and stuff not always the way that we looked at a friend years ago people are so busy now more people work and so much rushing around. You have friends here maybe not the type you can go and do things with but the kind that you can talk to and say how you are feeling and they will listen. You are doing really well still early it takes time my knees both of them can still feel stiff and get sore not painful but sore today they are sore. Think the weather is one of the reasons today it is so foggy driving not seeing too far ahead so had to be so careful.

Think how far you have come already even walking on your walker just a week ago you went through major surgery and walking better slow taking your time that is an accomplishment all by its self. We need some warm weather sun helps so much good that the popping is not happening this time think all will work out great just need to get lots of rest and knee will like the time to relax to. Today we went for breakfast nice to see people we have not seen for a while one of our friends at this restaurant made me feel so nice today she peaked around the corner and came up to the booth we were sitting in. She said she had not seen us for since before Christmas she knew my surgery was coming up she works full time during the week and in restaurant on weekends so we must have missed her.

She wanted to talk to me while my husband was getting our food and said she had talked to my husband and wanted to come and see me. Nice feeling she is our friend she made me feel nice and said they had been asking if anyone had heard from us and told us even other customers had asked being that we are regulars there that is the sign of a friend not someone who lives maybe even near you , not seeing them often, but someone who makes you feel you are cared about that is a very important thing. If someone makes you unhappy better to keep away not that we do not feel unhappy sometimes but people who go out of their way to make you feel less then you are or unhappy the way they treat you are not worth your time. Positive vibes are the best to heal with , take the time now to get sleep, and all healed up the nice weather is coming not far off now and getting healed up and legs all set you will be able to go and enjoy the nice spring and summer seasons it has been a very long winter but the end is coming.

Gardens will start to make buds, flowers seeds are now being sold in the stores here so that is a great sign of nice things to come. My knees are tired today but how much we enjoyed our visit to our park just taking a bit at a time. Wishing you more and more good days thinking that years ago when knees were damaged bone on bone people would probably be left to sit in a wheelchair now with modern medicine we have another chance new knees when healed new movement the bend will come not to rush it it will come when all is ready.Today is is drizzling light rain and very foggy so we decided to miss our walk we have had lots of fresh air over the past week so tired today think our bodies are saying needing a day to take it a little slower.

Hope you are having time to relax maybe you will find a nice movie or something you like to watch , even things like search a words they can pass the time, you will be busy soon enough so take the time now while you can cause when the weather changes all you will want to do is go our and enjoy it. All the best your doing great take your pain medication I found icing and elevating sometimes uncomfortable to but did the icing just the same helped with swelling just make sure you do not put it on your skin without a light cloth to protect you. Best wishes Holly
 
Gez this phone is crazy...

I am glad ya are have good day. Hate they ya knees is sore stiff. Mine is very sore. I wish I could put it on floor. Feels weird when I do. Using Walker is hard cause I put lost weight on my hands. And I try with (pt)to walk with out it. And she notices a limp to. But it gradually getting better. I am able to lift my leg off floor. As to partial took me a while. This one is a bit harder. But pain is more like ache. I get scared sometimes cause I don't know how to walk good. But time heals. So much more difficult than partial.

Did u have trouble putting leg on floor straight and walking? I like gardens we going Try do one this year. I love have flowers to. But just to much to keep up with.

Glad u out enjoying. I can't wait. Xxx Angel



FaithMitchMommy

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel I need to ask you a couple of favors please. Your photos are very large and you need to post them as thumbnails instead of full size. I have been changing them for you but you can do it by selecting the "More Options" button when you post.

Also, you don't need to quote a post that is one or two above your response. People can figure out that's who you're responding to. And if you don't need the quote to highlight specific information you're responding to, just tag the person you are talking to so it doesn't take up so much space in your post.

Keeping things neat and tidy like this makes reading threads much more enjoyable for people who come to visit your recovery thread.
 
So sorry @Jamie. Thanks a lot for helping me.



FaithMitchMommy

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're welcome. Glad this new knee is healing so well for you.
 
@Angel1978 my wound was glued no staples or stitches yay!! :-)

Yes my leg feels strange when i walk on it. Very swollen still but it will get better in time.
Keep striding forwards and updating your progress :-) x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@chereb no staples for me . I've seen some massive holes. Staples They make me itch and I had an infection from them being imbedded in leg from scopes.

Glad your doing well. Incision don't look bad. Sometimes we think they look worse than what other tell us.

I often get afraid to walk. My leg aches and scares me cause it won't go all way on floor.

I can walk. But just slow. If I want take long walk I go to bathroom. Causes my house is long and it on other end. And if I want short walk I go to bedroom it's closer.


I try do exercise. And I ice leg down till I can't tolerate it. And try to elevate leg. But don't do for long irritates me.


I get up half of night with ache. Take pain Meds and lol get insomnia.


I am set here watch tv bored.



FaithMitchMommy

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay me I'm Awake still.



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I didnt sleep well last night. :-( Its kind of boring just sitting around doing nothing much. I have been sitting on the edge of the bed letting my leg dangle then trying to pull my heel towards the bed. Couple of heel slides and leg lifts. Thats all im doing exercise wise. Trying to ice as much as i can. Its mothers day here and im chilling out with my girls. They brought me some flowers and chocolates. Yummy :-) x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@chereb. Wow Mother's Day I'm may here. Where again are u located. Me been try to leg leg dangle to go staraight. Not really working. As far as bends ouch. I take a sheet rap around my feet. And being knee up. And let gravity pull down. Olny a few I can do. Or my pt said lay on belly leg leg dangle on bed. I did it on my couch cause it's long. But ouch.

I can't ice A lot irritates me. I have few ice packs that ya cam feel ice in them if they get 2 frozen. Bought one off Amazon to. And have 2 small gel ones. I've and elevate drives me crazy. I can do it for a while. But not long. I do tons of heal slide while sit on edge of bed. And use me sheet to do the leg lifts. I stand in front of Walker and swing leg out. But that is when pt here. She said she going work on add more.

Last go around in December when I had partial. Wow was lot different in so many ways. U outta check out thread on the wikid POp lol. Not be crazy not its funny to see it know. Implant was slide all over knee. Jamie one of the big pep here. Found me a revision surgin. I went to them. Just for them to turn me down and say you have to wait. I was already in enough pain.


I have had many scopes and the pain is wow. What made u have get knee replace? Mine was cause of degenerate and years ago I stood on feet all tone for work. Wow miss them days.


How old is your kids? Ni w is 17 year old girl 15 year old boy. My hub has town boys who is 10 and 13 year old gi. We don't get to see th. There mom is not. Nice.


Well iys 10;O2 am I have been up for almost 2 days liken a 4 hour we'll between both day.

Have good day. Look forward to chat. Xxxxx angel



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Anyone know what I can do to elevate ice.
Pillows and ice itritae me after while. . I do it but I suffer

Also when can I put leg on floor cause cause I get scared.


Xxx to all. I've read all the things that they send. There helpful. But I need better ways to ice elevate and get straight. I am stiff to.


I had Pt in dec. They was mean. Had a few was hurt me.. The new group is wow sweet. They are easy with me.
I day it hurts they let me rest. And don't push to hard. But they push some.

I am glad I don't have that awful pop

Look forward to taking. Enjoy day. Listen to the bone smart head pep. U will do great on recovery. There all awesome. And they respond fast. Going to try and lay down.


Since its mother day. Let ya kiddo spoil you/. Xxxxxoooo Angel



FaithMitchMommy
PKR Dec 1 2014
TKR REV MAR 2 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Links to the icing and elevating articles were posted for you back a couple of pages. That has the proper way to do it for best results.. But icing and elevation can only do so much to control pain in the early stages of recovery. If you are not taking your pain meds religiously every 4 hours (that means setting your clock so that you take them on time even through the night...whether you have pain right then or not), then that is the reason for your discomfort.

If you are taking your meds on this 4 hour schedule, 24 hours a day and you still have a lot of pain, you need to notify your surgeon that they are not working for you. While we don't necessarily suggest that you do a lot of household activity or exercises when you're hurting, you do need to be comfortable enough that you can move about the house during the day every couple of hours to keep your knee loosened up.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom