Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

Hi Angel You will do fine just take your time. I did not walk the much of a distance that much at first knee is still recovering from all that happened with surgery and damage before. I still have to take it easier even at 10 weeks can walk for so long just short trips and it will tell me that time to sit and let knee have a rest. I still have times when my knee is tight still gets stiff but this is usually after going out for longer and now sitting enough. My surgeon told me just let my knee her do her thing no pushing just take it slow this was the surgeons prescription for my knee doing this is making a big difference. No pt for me he cancelled it for any further times he believes in just gentle walking no overdoing.

Last visit from her pushed so knee he could see was not handling this pt lots of pain and swelling no more of that very often now. I just saw your post you are bruised but that will go away I don't know why but I did not have any visible bruising but probably my bruising was inside still tender in places to touch and scar is still pretty sensitive but aside from that my knee is doing good. You have made it through surgery so well nice new knee just be careful knee is still healing and needs tender care so do you.

They told me when I had my first surgery the pt said if bend does not come now then something wrong my surgeon said and believes the opposite bend will come when ready still bend is not high but getting easier walking is doing great just get tired need rest when you do. he has the same values on the way to treat a knee as bonesmart following their methods will help you along the path slow gentle care will make it happy aggressive treatment which was how my right knee was handled by pt at the beginning or recovery did not work. The bend on my right knee did not come right away but now it is bending great just have to let it do it when it is ready took a year for the healing and swelling now surprised as it did come bend came when not thinking about it anymore never noticing that I was moving better. I wish you lots of happiness and hoping that you have a easy time with your knee
 
I just walk to the bathroom. That's it. Fills like leg shorter lol.


I just


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just get scared. Cause is feeling lot different @lavander.

I wish I had some text buddies.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Would like to get links on the revision exercise and all the good read material.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Angel1978
Your reading material is on page one of this thread xxx please take it easy x x x

If there is something specific you want to ask, tag one of the moderators in to your thread.

((((Hugs))))
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'll post the reading material again for you, Angel.

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist (PT) - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lie down!

Next is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread.

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

And then some wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM

The exercise after a revision are the same as after a PKR. Right now, you don't need to be doing a lot of exercises, just heel slides Heel slides and how to do them and a bit of walking around the house. For now, Rest, Ice and Elevation are the most important things.
 
Hi @Angel1978
Your reading material is on page one of this thread xxx please take it easy x x x

If there is something specific you want to ask, tag one of the moderators in to your thread.

((((Hugs))))
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
Thanks. Not specific. Just could not find it all lol. To much in my thread lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I can do heal slides on chair. Not in bed ouch ouch lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's OK. Just do them where you can.
 
Hi @Angel1978

Please read what you should be doing early on in your recovery. Gentle heel slides, no pushing or forcing. No standing for too long. Josephine has had her knee done and did very little in the way of exercising. She's done fabulously. Her thread is well worth a read and I think will reassure you x

Heel slides sitting on a chair is fine as long as you are comfortable x if you follow the advice that Celle has posted you. You will be fine. You can always ask questions and get advice.

I just showed my daughter the snow picture she was amazed! We've had none apart from a brief dust on Day after Christmas Day x

When I looked at your bruising it reminded me of when I had my TKR done. Like yours it looked like I had been hit by a truck! My mom and kids were worried sick when they saw the state of my bruising x x

Have you watched a film of TKR operation. I can't do it. It makes you understand why you have to be careful but oh boy, it's not for the fainthearted x I can barely watch the butcher cutting meat so no way can I even watch an op. Lol x x

Take care Angel, you're a brave girl x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x ((((hugs))))
 
I won't have pt till next week cause of the bad Weather we have and the weather we are going to be getting. They said we have 6-8 in. But we suppose get more. Yay lol I need break. Kids fight and go wild. But there helping me. So that's all that matters. I been move leg. Take walk to bathroom. Then back to the chair. Have be careful what I do. My leg fills weak when I walk to. But I make sure some one is behind me. But I am not rushing at all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, don't worry about not getting PT yet. It won't upset your progress.
My surgeon says no PT for 4 weeks and then only gentle PT. I followed his advice and my knees have done very well.
 
Angel, don't worry about not getting PT yet. It won't upset your progress.
My surgeon says no PT for 4 weeks and then only gentle PT. I followed his advice and my knees have done very well.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


This is my back yard. Wow send me some sunshine friends.
I break down and cry sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


This is my area.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


This is what ins paid for.

But won't pay for Ice machine or cpu. Guess there mad oh well.
But I have some nice ice packs. [

ATTACH=full]30437[/ATTACH]




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1425596731.060344.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 167
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



This is one I was told to do if nothing else. Also put foot on chair and let it stay bent.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.


Grrr snow lol. My back yard.

Well another setback. Pharmacies don't carry Nucynta ans there out of the elliqus. Guess everyone lol needed it. The nucynita don't make me sick like perks. And don't know why pharmacies don't get it. Heck for all I know they lied to me.
They pharmacy called me was going give me enough pills till the truck come in. And due to the Weather to. But they said insurance would not approve it. No words at all. The ins would not approve a excerise machine this time. There blowing up my phone.



It's getting pathetic any more.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom