Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

You're getting frustrated @Angel1978 and it's understandable. Not many of us in the UK have ice machines but we do have ice packs xxx

I have to take a daily antibiotic for life. Every time the script is taken into the pharmacy, they never have enough tablets. Just x amount until delivery. I have this on a repeat every month. I get cross because this happens every time x x x
 
Hi angel. Hope you're doing better. I never used that dreadful machine. Tried it once at rehab and passed out from pain. Drs said weight bearing best exercise just short little walks with your walker. Be well stay safe. We got hit with a to. If snow here. Schools were opened but got to leave early


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Slow walks easy. No fun. Fills like my leg is shorter than the other. And it's hard to put shown on floor. Scared me cause I walk to bathroom and it start shake. Said that is my last walk.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well again can't get Medicane. Pharmacy is saying due to weather can't get the scripts. Scary.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel Sorry you are having pain walking not fun. Are you using your walker knowing mine helped with this but still not easy when you are having the shakey feeling seems that most of my walking was to use our bathroom now better but makes you tired when walking there so much. Can you fit your walker into your bathroom our bathroom door was not quite wide enough so having to turn my walker sideways but it really helped. Did they say when your presciptions would be ready for you did they suggest another medication until yours comes in.

Not sure if you live where the news is showing bad weather in Kentucky so maybe the weather has made it hard for trucks to get through. Hoping you are getting rest. Needed my walker for quite a while in house now just using it outside but still have it handy in case . You are still early not a week yet so hoping you are taking it easy and wish you a easier recovery slow and gentle movement will make your knee happier hard to do sometimes but it will make you feel better Holly
 
Doc office not in cause of weather.
Ins won't pay for the scripts. What is next. Going crazy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel, does your doctor's office have a person on call? If so, contact them. If you don't have pain medications and your pain gets too bad, you may need to consider going to the Emergency Room. Since your insurance will not cover the pain medication your surgeon prescribed, he needs to know that so he can give you a different medication that is covered.
 
Hi Angel Are you alright. I saw the news and they were showing all the snow that Kentucky had fall on them. I hope you are not near this snow area makes it harder when snow slows things down that you need to have. Our weather is getting a little warmer still -6 but that is warmer then the -20 to -30 we have been having lately. Is there something else they can give you for your pain know needing medications can get expensive. One of mine is 160. celebrex and it is very expensive wishing there was something cheaper but not ready to go without till knee is healed then hoping no more.

Hope you get something to help you feel more comfortable I was going to suggest seeing your doctor just calling them but if they are off because of the weather that would be difficult hoping you can get some relief not easy without something to help with the pain. Hope you feel better and wishing you the best Holly
 
Hi Angel, I'm glad your revision to TKR is done. I'm sorry you had to start over, but now you can heal properly.

As for meds, sometimes insurance takes exception with dosage, frequency, or brand vs generic. A caring pharmacist should be able to explain the problem, or maybe there's an insurance "help line" you can call.
 
Angel, does your doctor's office have a person on call? If so, contact them. If you don't have pain medications and your pain gets too bad, you may need to consider going to the Emergency Room. Since your insurance will not cover the pain medication your surgeon prescribed, he needs to know that so he can give you a different medication that is covered.


@Jamie. I have pain Meds. Tylenol with codeine and Nucynita. It's the elliqus they won't cover. They knew the brand and she claim they accident ordered in the wrong one. And weather is bad. Snow and ice. This pharmacy is ****. Doc know he is mad. Also they said that its can be on back order for next week. I called wavers pharmacy in Ashland Ky and asked them if they had it. All said no. So know have wait to get one Monday. Was told take aspirin 325 till its fixed. These pharmacies and ins is dumb.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Clipless. Thanks there all jerks here. It's the blood thinner. They say not popular brand.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel Are you alright. I saw the news and they were showing all the snow that Kentucky had fall on them. I hope you are not near this snow area makes it harder when snow slows things down that you need to have. Our weather is getting a little warmer still -6 but that is warmer then the -20 to -30 we have been having lately. Is there something else they can give you for your pain know needing medications can get expensive. One of mine is 160. celebrex and it is very expensive wishing there was something cheaper but not ready to go without till knee is healed then hoping no more.

Hope you get something to help you feel more comfortable I was going to suggest seeing your doctor just calling them but if they are off because of the weather that would be difficult hoping you can get some relief not easy without something to help with the pain. Hope you feel better and wishing you the best Holly


Lavender
. I have Celebrex. And it' don't help. I have Motrin don't help. Nuycinta does. It' don't make me buzz. And the ins is not approve blood thinner. I ask why they said it's not one they use. Scares me.

Defent using a walker. I can't walk hardly. Seem it's hard to put my door on the floor. It's scary from the partial.


I am in the middle of the snow. Them was pic of around my house. Front and back yard. Stores is all pack. And places closed down. Lots was flooded and snowed in. The home health will be here tommrow. They was snow in.


I am really depressed and freak out. Cause I can't get the blood thinner. The docs have called me back and there all mad lol. Said pharmacies and ins is ignorant.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel Sorry you are having pain walking not fun. Are you using your walker knowing mine helped with this but still not easy when you are having the shakey feeling seems that most of my walking was to use our bathroom now better but makes you tired when walking there so much. Can you fit your walker into your bathroom our bathroom door was not quite wide enough so having to turn my walker sideways but it really helped. Did they say when your presciptions would be ready for you did they suggest another medication until yours comes in.

Not sure if you live where the news is showing bad weather in Kentucky so maybe the weather has made it hard for trucks to get through. Hoping you are getting rest. Needed my walker for quite a while in house now just using it outside but still have it handy in case . You are still early not a week yet so hoping you are taking it easy and wish you a easier recovery slow and gentle movement will make your knee happier hard to do sometimes but it will make you feel better Holly




They said mine is on back order. Then said ins won't approve it. Then said it's not one that is common. A bunch lies.

I have to use the walker. It's different than partial. Not at all fun. My walker barley fits in the bathroom. Hub helps me or kids do. That's the olny walk I take. Hurt so bad. Shaky makes my cry. I often don't get leg out enough for potty rise lol. Or pot in bed room for night.


It hurts so bad. Seem I can't get comfy. Elevate not work. Ice bother me. And I got new ice packs. Ins won't approve I'ce therapy or cpu. Oh well. Anyways a girl from church was going to give me her ice thing. Yeh she lies.

I am use walker for everything. I can't walk at all. Foot won't touch floor. It does take for ever for step. Ouch lol. And no other med till mine come in. Doc is work on it. My kids been big help. This is all different from partial. More pain more tears. I cry all time.


I am in middle of the ice and snow. Sucks. At one time last week snow came we lost water. So has to get some jugs. Which we save them. Incase. They said weather be like 60 next week. Crazy. Anyways thanks for the thoughts.


Sorry not reply much but Internet been messed up. I'm determined to get me pin pals lol.


Anyways thanks for the thoughts. Had to take a pill I had cause the pain wow. It's going down leg and the cramps is make me freak.


This time is different. I admitt I am afraid.







Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Angel, I'm glad your revision to TKR is done. I'm sorry you had to start over, but now you can heal properly.

As for meds, sometimes insurance takes exception with dosage, frequency, or brand vs generic. A caring pharmacist should be able to explain the problem, or maybe there's an insurance "help line" you can call.



They do have help line. But the pharmacy is full lies.

Me to on knee to certain point. It's scary to me.


I can't walk good. Yes I know it take time but u all know me. I am impatient.


My bed and my area is my chair is best friend. And my hub got me this.
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Shi @Angel1978! Sorry to hear you are having problems with the pharmacy. Taking the 325 milligrams of aspirin should work fine as a blood thinner. That's what my doctor had me take for six weeks after both my knee surgeries and ai had no problems. About two weeks after my surgery I didn't notice that I was low on my pain meds and it was late Friday so I had to wait until Monday to get a script from the doctors office. I had only enough meds for Friday. My regular doctor had given me Nucynta for my back last year and I had several of them left so I used them for pain meds that weekend and they worked well.
 
What is odd. Did good in hospital 1 and 2nd day. Get home and wow I'm going crazy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Angel,
Recovery is an up and down process, good days, bad days, over time more good days than bad. You are only a few days from your revision, the weather is cold and stormy, all of which can stir up your knee.
Hang in there, it will get better,
 
Shi @Angel1978! Sorry to hear you are having problems with the pharmacy. Taking the 325 milligrams of aspirin should work fine as a blood thinner. That's what my doctor had me take for six weeks after both my knee surgeries and ai had no problems. About two weeks after my surgery I didn't notice that I was low on my pain meds and it was late Friday so I had to wait until Monday to get a script from the doctors office. I had only enough meds for Friday. My regular doctor had given me Nucynta for my back last year and I had several of them left so I used them for pain meds that weekend and they worked well.

Thanks for the info about the aspirin. It's eased my mind. I been worried.
This may be weird to say but I like nycunta. And I don't like pain pills. I don't like the affects. But I can take a Nucynta and it don't make me high groggy or sick. It's like I've never taken anything. Just take away pain. Odd to me.


I've read all the stuff I was sent on it. They said its a bad pill. But in all honesty I don't fill dopes.

The pharmacies in Ashland is weird.
And the on line ones is to. They all say elliqus amd Nucynta is not good.

I said well I get you like the high from other pills. Guess I was mean. Oh well. I tell u. The one pharmacy is near the hood. And Ashland there just ignorant and label all as pill heads. Pathetic I say.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You'll be OK, @Angel1978

You still have the gel packs for icing that you got the first time you had the knee done, haven't you? You don't need an ice machine, because you can use them again.
You don't need a machine to help you move the knee either. Just keep bending it and straightening it a little bit.
Use Aspirin as a blood thinner, as someone advised you.

It's going to work out all right. :friends:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom