I haven't slept for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shrinkette I have been reading these words of yours over and over again.

"Just kind of adopt the mindset of "I'm gonna leave the driving to them" at the hospital because it's their day job, lie back & say 'ah', & let it go.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@2 for Jeff I just want to hug you so hard. Wish the internet wasn't in the way. Guess this will have to suffice {{{{ 2 for Jeff }}}}.

3 more sleeps . You're going to do great!!!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@PhatTxDiva Thanks for your support. Looks like you made it through. As for me, can't sleep a wink.... Just came in from off the terrace trying to get a glimpse of the massive meteor shower tonight.
The other day I was reading something you wrote to a new member about the knee pain and what felt like shin splints you had before surgery, and then Wham Oh!
All gone ! I was smiling from ear to ear because I know that pain all to well.
Then I really smiled when you said both feet were now facing forward.
Yes, yes, yes, the old outward turning of ones foot. It seems like my right foot is now at 3 o'clock.
If I could just get it back to 1 o'clock I'll be happy.
Anyway, didn't see anything in the sky tonight.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@ 2 for Jeff

Jeff

Wow cannot believe your day is almost here! I went back and read your pre-op thread from the beginning and boy you have come a long way from your first post. I have a mantra that I use as I go through training and IM races.....it has never failed to help me focus and be in the moment. I used it right up until they put the mask on my face in surgery.

I am going to pass it on to you and feel free to use it for the rest of your life or until you find one you like better. When you feel panic or doubt, close your eyes and repeat in your head

"Good enough, strong enough, tough enough"... Oh I also say the Lords Prayer before every big event in my life!

You my friend are a warrior and you will meet this head on as you have every challenge you have had in the last 8 years....BE ONE WITH THE IMPLANT!!!!!

Sending you lots of snowy Canadian hugs big guy. :console2:

Cheryl

PS. When you have all your ops behind you, I think we should all meet and go to the Jimmy Fallon show! I love that guy and his band! :yahoo:
 
@CanukTriMom Thanks, I will definitely use those words when faced with challenges.
Everyone said keep busy up until the last day to avoid panic attacks.
Well today was a busy one for the three of us. We took Chloe for her flu shot at 7pm, then we went to the craft store to buy some fabric because my wife wanted to re-upholster the dinning room chairs.
We had a little take out Chinese food and started on the chairs.
We just finished at 11pm.
After coupons the fabric cost around $5.00 . I have some pictures here of before and after.
Well you guys said keep busy...
[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.

[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh! I like the Hippie reunion idea, just wait up for me, I'm so far behind you all


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@shrinkette Thanks, I'm just trying to keep calm as I get closer and closer to the big day.
My wife knows how fragile I can become when nerves get the best of me, and she knows I'm not use to sitting around (out of work) So she's keeping me busy with crafts and things. I love to tinker around the house with the tool box open in the middle of the floor.
Tomorrow I will work on a homemade cat scratching post. I just have to attach another 2 feet of twine and leave the base for Chloe to glue some carpet on it after she gets home from school.
My OS says if all goes well I will be home on Sunday. That's unbelievable isn't it ? They must have this procedure down to a science.
I'm in a good place tonight (mentally)
I still can't sleep at night but its not because of anxiety or anything like that. You know, my internal clock is still upside down.
There was a book that got a lot of attention a while back, I think it was called The Secret. I think it was about surrounding yourself with positive people and positive things will happen to you. And surrounding yourself with good people and good things will happen to you.
So you see, I'm in good company here and I believe in you all (hence, my good calm mood tonight)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're doing wonderfully. Glad you're in a good place & doing the right thing by keeping busy. I don't remember what I was doing at this stage of the process -- probably wringing my hands & beseeching the gods of surgery for a good outcome. And catastrophizing. I'm good at that -- I just give good advice to OTHER people... LOL

Surgery Friday, home on Sunday -- sounds great. It IS unbelievable when you think of what they're doing to your anatomy. On the other hand, better you DON'T think of it! My friend had a BTKR done at HSS -- raved about it.

A homemade cat scratching post? You ARE industrious!! What kind of cat do you have? I have one, too. Declawed -- I know, I'm a monster. Heeere's Ira...

[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.
 
@shrinkette Ira's a cutie. My cat is a Mackerel Tabby. They truly are another member of the family.
Today was a cold one, weather wise in the north east. 30 degrees @ 7 in the morning, and it stayed there. It didn't warm up not even 1 degree all day. I hope this type of weather don't slow down my recovery. I use to think summer time was the best time for this surgery. But now that I'm a little bit wiser, I know when your body says it's time, IT'S TIME.
As my daughter would say...... Here's her little brother, Almond
[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jeff, you can do this, from one who way over thinks . . . . and didn't sleep well . . . keep the perspective that Friday is a new beginning - a second chance at life - enjoy the night sounds, and enjoy each and every milestone of being able to do!

I still am often overwhelmed with the simplest -- I cannot wait to be able to get down on the floor and play with my little ones, sit criss-cross (aka tailor style, indian style), and jump back up. Soon, I will celebrate crouching down to pick something up off the floor without a thought. These little things everyone takes for granted, except those with years of hip pain. :yes: Just wait til you can put your undies, socks, and shoes on all by yourself! :heehee:

Seriously, cherish these moments, soon you'll be on the other side. Celebrate waking up, getting to hospital, and allowing your team to perform your miracle. :loveshwr:
 
Soon for you too, you'll be suddenly realizing - Wow, FIVE weeks ago, I was at the hospital walking into surgery at just this moment, being greeted and sliding onto my bed in pre-op! Amazing!

Both of you have very pretty kitties -- I'll have to go round mine up for a snapshot to share!
 
oh, yes, wouldn't hippie reunions be great! I so would love to meet so many of the people here . . . several in my first group in April have "planned" a trip to France to do one big group parachute over @Cantabrigian countryside -- wondering if plans are in the work -- I think @Jaycey is in? Oh, I can't find the video someone posted, and I have to get to work . . .
 
Wow a France sounds fun! Remember to ground those feet when you land. I love the picture of @2 for Jeff posted of Almond and the little cat harness. There is a man on my street who walks his Garfield-sized tabbies down the street on leashes! Before moving to this neighbourhood, I had never seen a cat on a leash! Now my dogs are very confused when they see thse cats on leashes...needless to say I don't walk the dogs when the tabbies are on their stroll.

@2 for Jeff great job on the chairs.......just keep working your way through the "Honey - Do" list and before you know it you will be on the other side of surgery.

Cheryl
 
@shrinkette Oh Darn! I ran out of string. I'll just let wifey and Chloe finish it up. The frame work is all done and it just needs a little more work. When we all take part in a craft we appreciate that much more.
Oh My Goodness!! Is it Wednesday already ?
Here's work in progress of scratching post.
[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.

[Bonesmart.org] I haven't slept for 8 years.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Me2 first of all Congratulations!! 5 weeks out for hip # 2.
You must feel like a new person.
I'm laughing at what you said about the little things in life people take for granted.
I can't imagine sitting with my long legs crossed.
And now a days when I drop something, if I really don't need it, it's staying there.
Crouching down is such a huge milestone. Go ahead, smile and be happy... You deserve it.
Don't forget I'm right behind you all. Thanks for paving the way, and giving me the all clear.

Your April batch of new Hippies sound like they drink rocket fuel for breakfast. The France part sound really cool, but out of all the things to do..... Jumping out of an airplane!!! I Yi Yi, Yi Yi.
Please tell me that's not for you, and your new hips.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@CanukTriMom Honey dew this, Honey dew that, LoL !!
Time really flys when your about to have surgery.
I can't believe it's already Wednesday. I know it's real now because the hospital just called to go over my medicine list and allergies.

So this guy has been pushing me around for eight long years. Telling me what I can and can't do. I've been so fearful of this big bully but now I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gona take it anymore. That's right! Face to face. Him and I on Friday. And I'm not gona back down.
Hey You!!! Mr. Pain!!! Your not gona run my life anymore. Your not so tuff after all, when I'm standing here with all my friends are you ?
Write this down in case you forget, Mr. Pain.
Friday your going away, you got that ? Your going away!!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom