I Have Finally Made My Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure you could! She's doing a plank on the Bosu? You can do this.. Im thinking this PT sessions are going to be super good for you. :climb:
 
@CricketHip
I'm trying to go 3 days a week, but I've called in sick twice (I don't think I was sick :snork:). On my off days, I want to buy one of those desk pedal machines (they're small and portable), so I can somewhat keep up the program at home.
 
It would be interesting to try. I almost feel that exercise would be easier than the one he wants me to do (but I've been known to be wrong on occasion). Lol!
 
PT update...

I DID IT! I walked my butt off that bouncy ball I so feared, held it for the count of ten, walked it back up into a sitting position AND I did it 7 times. The fear was all in my head, as it was MUCH easier than I thought it would be!

The other achievement is how easily I did squats on the BOSU Ball! I did the squats for 2 FULL minutes (I didn't cheat this time), holding each squat for at least 10 seconds. MY shaking legs went from looking like an earthquake that measured 7 on the Richter Scale the first few times I attempted it, to an aftershock of 2 or 3 (this was the 6th time on Mr. BOSU). I also do leg presses (have no idea what the setting is), with a shuttle attached to the board. I guess this is to help with hip stability? I'll bet @Michegon will know. I do these for 10 minutes.

This visit I pulled a Doug Heffernan (King of Queens sitcom) and strutted around like the stereotypical gym rat. I even threw my towel over my shoulder (me cool), as though me and the gym had been best friends forever! Can't you just see Mr. Heffernan doing just that?

I also rode the exercise bike for 5 minutes and pedaled 1.3 miles at a 2 resistance (I know, not a lot, but better than the 1 resistance I started at and which almost killed me as I gasped for air). It amazes me at how my endurance, lung power and muscle strength have been improving so quickly!

I really enjoy the physical therapy and will be saddened when my referral runs out come November. I'm Seriously considering purchasing a few of these machines and setting up a home gym. For me, buying a gym membership is like flushing every dime down the toilet! I think I've purchased upwards of 20 memberships over the years and I'm pretty certain the longest I've ever gone was about two weeks!

Btw @Nana757, how is your PT going? Are you still enjoying it?

@CricketHip You're on my mind, in my thoughts and in my prayers as your final countdown is here.
@GGAZ good luck and prayers sent your way.
@DeepBreath Keep up your positive attitude, it will serve you well...prayers & well wishes for Tuesday.
@Doodles51 Smile, as your freedom is at hand...blessings, prayers and hugs from me to you.
 
@Cynthia777, WOO-HOO!! :flwrysmile: You GO, Girl! You conquered that bouncy ball and the rest of your workout. Good for you! That has got to be such a huge sense of accomplishment. :)

Thank you for the kind words and support. That means the world to me.
Enjoy your weekend!

Oh, and LOLing about the Doug Heffernan reference. I can see the swagger and that little duck lip expression he gets. :snork:
 
I am sooooo proud of you and excited for you, at the same time. I know what you have been through and you must feel so exhilarated with your accomplishment! Keep it up, my friend. Who knows, you may have found the secret to shelving surgery (for AVN) indefinitely! I LOVE that it is working for you.
:loveshwr:
 
Woo hoo! And you did it 7 times!? You killed it, girl!! It's so good that you found this PT guy and he seems to have a good handle on what you can and cannot do.
So, now you are planning your own gym? hh I'm guessing you will need a personal trainer who you pay up front for a package of sessions so he/she shows up and holds you to your goals. :treadmill::upright::walking:

As for me, I am staying busy gathering up all of the loose ends and just enjoying our home and yard/gardens.
The nervousness is beginning to rear it's head.. This time next week I will be signing on to give my Day 5 post op report! Squeeeeee!!!
 
@CricketHip

Hmmm...somehow I just can't see you waiting 5 days to post...it just doesn't sound like the Crickethip I know!

Of course, don't you worry your sweet little head about the fact that some of us will be chewing our nails, waiting to see how it went...nope, don't you dare worry about us!!!
;-)
 
HI @Cynthia777
Oh no, I will be posting, for sure! I just meant that by next Saturday I would be posting about day 5 post op.. hahaha I hope I will be able to post same day!!
 
hello and good morning @Cynthia777 !!! Well, it's a nice, fall Saturday morning here.. How's it going in your neck of the woods?
Did you finish off your week at the gym? I was thinking about your progress and wondering if the pain levels are still low and if the limp still smoothes out after the first few steps.
Your progress and different stages through it are fascinating to me.
I hope you have a great start to your weekend!! :loveshwr:
 
God bless your little heart! Here you are, going through your early recovery, and you're still always concerned for everyone else! What a sweetheart!!!!

PT has been going very well. It amazes me how quickly my muscles are strengthening! Mr. BOSU Ball and I are great friends now :heehee:. Just four or five visits ago I told my therapist that I just couldn't do it. Now I'm doing sets of squats (holding each for 10 seconds) for 3 minutes and my legs aren't shaking at all. I'm advancing quickly on every exercise he gives me, except for the bicycling for some odd reason (I can't seem to up the resistance above 1 and 2, and I'm still only cycling one mile). My legs get sooo tired!

I did notice an increase in pain and limp when I've gone three days a week, so I've cut back to two, which seems to be working quite well. I can actually feel the muscles around the hip getting stronger and stronger. My hip (upon taking my first few steps after sitting) is so much more stable.

I'm still not completely "normal", but I'm a whole heck of a lot stronger. As I've mentioned in previous posts, if nothing else I will be in better physical shape if/when I have a THR. I'm actually going to (for the fourth time) schedule surgery in January (I'll have new insurance that the best surgeon in my area will accept), should the PT not get me where I need to be...time will tell.

As always Cricket, I thank you for your concern for me and others...it's a rare quality today! Inpray you're fabulous recovery keeps on keeping on! :loveshwr: back at ya!
 
Cynthia,, Of course I would ask about you! You are one of our biggest support lines on here and you and me, well, we were in the trenches together!! I had forgotten about your insurance plan changing and that you could now have the best surgeon.. sounds like a good plan. Doesn't it feel good, getting stronger like that? Good adjustment on the frequency.. You've got this!
 
@CricketHip
You always make me feel special and yes, although I cancelled my surgery, we did go through the "trenches together...the only difference is I went AWOL! :heehee:

@Mimi#51
Thank you so much for the encouragement, it means a lot to me! I see you're surgery date is just around the corner. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will be watching for your recovery thread! :-)
 
@Cynthia777


A little Narcotic Ditty:


On a mild summer night,
she slipped out of sight,
going AWOL on her Bosu Ball !!
---
She slipped the guer-ney
working on her fitness journey.
Going AWOL on her Bosu Ball !!
---
but----
---
Regardless of how the story ends,
Cynthia made many supportive friends
And we wish her well on her Bosu Ball.

The End
crickethip
 
@CricketHip......I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

AND after just two short weeks, look at her now!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] I Have Finally Made My Decision

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :rofsign:
 
Dang girl! That looks so much like you! I can see you now on that Bosu ball just kicking butt! :)
And @CricketHip ... What a cute and appropriate little ditty. Who's on drugs? Apparently not you... Your mind is incredibly witty.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom