@cynthia I am well impressed by your rapid progress in the PT department.You have done brilliantly in a very short time.Well done you ! @CricketHip I love the poem and I can't believe that you were able to write it at 5 days postop when you are still taking those major pain meds that leave you foggy brained.You are two amazing ladies.
Good morning! I am so glad you guys liked the ditty..Something about going AWOL on the Bosu Ball just cracks me up.. and if feels good to laugh!!
Look at Cynthia on that Ball! That's how I picture you on there to. @Kim22 it will be more difficult to do a ditty about your Uvula
@Nana757 it's been fun,yes? I was in my cocoon last night
It sounds like an old cliche, but so so true...laughter is the best medicine...especially for us folks who are or have been in pain so much of our lives. Even as you recover, @CricketHip and @Cynthia777 (going through the trials and tribulations of PT and decision of whether or not to have surgery) are the shining stars of this forum and have brought not only smiles, but laughter to this arena. And for that, I thank you!
@CricketHip, I only wish hubby could see me looking like that! However I must say, the wonderful man ALWAYS focuses on my two biggest attributes....need I say more?
Gee whiz @Nana757, don't you dare exclude yourself from the "Boisterous Bonesmart Buddies"! You've given me many, many laughs and chuckles over the course of our journeys and for that I am thankful!
And you @Kim22 have been a wonderful addition to our Bonesmart family! As always I thank you for your much needed encouraging words! Tomorrow is your big day towards freedom and I just know you're going to ace it! I pray you will experience that peace that surpasses all understanding! We're here for you and will be waiting with bated breath to hear from you after surgery tomorrow (or hen you feel up to it).
I don't think that I will be able to post until I am back home on Wednesday but will try and figure out how to do it on my phone.I won't take the I Pad into hospital
There you go again @CricketHip and please do me a favor.....quit looking up my nostrils! HAHAHAHA!
@Kim22
There's an app for bonesmart you can download and it may make posting a lot easier, but I'm not sure since I haven't used it. I often switch back and forth between my iPhone and my iPad while on Bonesmart and both are quite easy to navigate. If we have to wait until Wednesday, so be it (but it doesn't mean I have to like it...lol). When your ready and able, we will be waiting.
@CricketHip
You seem to have quite a lot of knowledge of the workings of the human body (you must have been formally educated) and would like your thoughts on something. While reading one of nana757's posts, she mentioned her knee pain and it's location. Her knee pain is located in a completely different area than mine. I don't get it very often, but when I do it's kind of a burning sensation and it's located on the lower right side of my kneecap (either right next to or maybe a quarter of an inch to the right of the rounded part of the kneecap). Any ideas as to what might be causing it (my knees have been X-Rayed and the OS said they're fine, with just a slight bit of arthritis)?
Thanks Cricket!
@Cynthia777 Well hello Bosu girl. Ask your PT to show you chest presses on the Physio-ball. First rule on ball,yeah don't fall off. Good job on cutting back to two days. Your body knows when to stop. I also think that the board thing might be for your height,short legs? That's without seeing the machine. Sounds like you have it under control. You and the girls are pretty funny but that is what makes this all bearable.
So good to hear from you and even better is the fact that you have been entertained by our lighthearted banter! I sometimes worry that other members may be irritated by it (I can imagine there are times one doesn't really appreciate the joking when one is in pain).
I think my legs are a normal length (although I am only 5'4" tall). This shuttle wobbles side to side, so when you do your leg press, you have to concentrate on keeping it balanced. Below is a picture of it. Maybe it helps with balance? Not really sure.
Chest presses? Do I dare ask Francisco, my handsome therapist, to press my chest? I'll have to think about that one!
Hope you are doing well. I need to catch up on your recovery thread. So many times I don't get my alerts and I lose track of some of my BS family.
@Cynthia777 Hi, Thanks for sending the picture. The dick shown is a wobble board made for balance and therapy work. That one is used for that leg press you use at the clinic. Other ones can be bought for your home gym. As for your trainer, he should help you with those upper body exercises, Ha, before your sessions are up. I don't use my own thread that much because i'm always commenting on something to help. PS, those chest presses actually help the jiggly under arms, i call them the wiggly gigglies. I trained the #1 anchor woman up here in Portland when she was going to be put on billboards for the "Women For Red" program and she told me if her arms didn't look good she would fire me. I never finished a workout without working her arms. Every woman i train, 17 presently, finishes with tricep work.
Very interesting @Michegon. the number of women that you train!
The beauty of my work is that I have no wiggly gigglies of the arms.. but I better start thinking about some upper body exercises to tide me over during my recuperation time. I am curious, when did you return to work? Did you do a phased return?
I agree @CricketHip, @Michegon offered very interesting information. But I'm curious, michegon, what exactly are you meaning when you say chest presses...planks? My arms, while they are strong, have lost their tone and shape big time. Maybe it's something I can incorporate into my PT workout today.
I'm very curious @Michegon about the arm strengthening. PT hasn't incorporated anything that will strengthen my arms, so your best suggestions on a few I can start doing? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, it's very much appreciated!!!!!
@Cynthia777@CricketHip@Nana757 Ok gals, The chest press on the stability ball goes like this: Sit on ball and then roll down on ball until your upper back and head are in contact with the ball. Think it as a upside down push-up. Keep your butt up engaging your glutes and with weights in each hand push them together like capital A, outside of shoulder to bringing together at the top. Remember to start light and get your balance. Sorry about spelling Pick wrong! Remember to work the tricep you extend the arm away from elbow. I'm sure there are u-tube videos.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.