I Have Finally Made My Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Cynthia777
Just wanted to drop by and say hello!
How many more weeks will you have with the PT sessions? Are you beginning to see any definition to your leg and hip muscles? Or can you leap tall building with a single bound??
:rotfl:
 
Hahaha...just finished posting on your thread! Hello buddy! Just caught up on your thread and I'm happy you're doing well overall (with a couple of little snags, which are to be expected).

Ummm, definition? Let's just say these legs are looking more and more like Marilyn Monroes legs every day! :heehee:

Actually, I've begun to experience a bit more groin pain and limping (on and off) as of last week, so I've taken a couple of days off to reassess my plan of attack. I pretty much have the exercises down pat, so I'm going to purchase a couple of the exercise balls, my little guy Mr. BOSU Ball and an exercise bicycle. Because my pain level fluctuates so much, I think working out from home will work out better for me. I've had to cancel a couple of appointments, which really isn't very fair to my therapist. Thanks for thinking of me as I was thinking of you!
 
@Cynthia777 Hi, If i may add a little help. Go to a crafts store and get yourself about a cup full of fine clean sand and put in exercise ball before filling up with air. That way the ball won't role away from you.
 
@Michegon
What a great idea!
@Cynthia777 Biology, eh? Do you use that knowledge in your business? Now I am curious, I could picture you as a marine biologist if I didn't know your aversion to water and wrinkled skin.... :heehee:
I hope you can continue your fitness plan, are you able to walk any distances? Would you enjoy walking, say maybe a mile a day? You have mild weather where you live, so why not get outside instead of facing the treadmill?
I set up a nice desk arrangement in my bedroom. It feels much better for my neck and shoulders. time will tell and it's a step up from yesterday when I felt like this: :dead:
 
@Michegon
I agree, great idea! I will most definitely do that...thanks!

@CricketHip
You have no idea how much you just made me laugh! Now get this, and this is the truth, I actually do not find marine biology interesting at all! I've never connected it with my disinterest in swimming! Crazy, isn't it?
I have a keen interest in human biology and psychology. I am fascinated with the medical field and actually started reading and studying the Merck Manuel when I was in my mid-twenties (I've purchased almost all of the editions and actually purchased a medical dictionary years ago, so I could understand what I was reading)!
Now, with this being said, I've never had formal education in these fields, but have been an avid reader and researcher on these topics for many years (I'm one of the most curious people you will ever meet).
I'm a manufactured housing dealer and have been for over 35 years, so sales is where I shine. I love my clients and especially enjoy watching my first time buyer's excitement when purchasing their first home. My hubby works for me and my 28 year old daughter (I only have one child) just passed her salesperson exam and will be working for me here shortly. When the housing crunch hit, I closed my office (overhead was about $25,000 a month at the time), let all my staff and salespeople go and began working from home. It's worked out very well.
So, now you have my life story and you didn't even have to ask! :heehee:
Ps...walk? Who me?
 
Hi @Cynthia777
Doh! That's right! I think I recall seeing you post somewhere that you were in home sales and I bet you are really good at it! You have such a natural open-ness and nice way about you.. :loveshwr:
I love to study like that, too. I would read the encyclopedia from end to end. Would start with the letter A and read through page by page, then letter B and so on. If you like a nice dry Merck then you would really love a physiology type read. that gets you into the systems of the body and how one thing affects the next thing..
How are YOU doing?? Are you still feeling some soreness?? Im guessing you will be set up for a January surgery?? Maybe??
 
Hi precious @CricketHip!
How kind of you to feel I have a "nice way" about me and a "natural open-ness"! I must ditto that back at you!!! I've never given much thought to reading the encyclopedia, but it does sound intriguing. I've been contemplating taking a couple of psychology classes at the junior college located nearby. I'm particularly interested in the human intelligence quotient. I find he topic fascinating!
Actually since taking a break from PT, my pain level has dropped quite a bit, but you are right, I'm looking at a January to early February surgery date. I'll start a new thread once the date draws nearer.
I've got to get caught up on everyone's recovery thread! I know @Nana757 updated you about the sea of paperwork I'm dealing with at the moment. I let hubby take over the bills for the past couple of years and I can't even put into words what I'm dealing with! Piles upon piles upon piles and more! :shocked:

I hope you and all my BS family are doing well! Miss you all!
 
Everyone has to decide for themselves and I often think there is rarely a 'right' decision just a best decision at a given time. I had some pretty bad hip issues under 40 years (20 years ago). At that time I was told I would ultimately need a THR but it wouldn't be happening for some time. Physio helped but eventually found a chiropractor that told me my hip was so tight, he could open it up and help with a few issues (back, pelvis alignment, soft tissue loss in the hip). He was a good sized guy and worked up a sweat many sessions yanking, massaging, stretching etc. He also gave me exercises for muscle balance, stretching and such. He got it working very well again and I can only assume he was right and I regenerated some of the soft tissue. I got another 8 or 10 years of full time skiing (100 days a year) and about 15 with pain free other activities. I certainly believe in waiting as long as possible with your own hip.

I think a lot of people alter their gait so much with the pain they lose all mobility in the joint and that becomes the problem. I'm still walking 7km a day although with a cane for the last few weeks and still ride my bike hard and lots. Xrays show the joint is done and just bone on bone with flat spots and spurs. When I saw the surgeon he gave me a spiel about putting things off but said eventually you just have to deal with the problem. He said that's where I'm at and we could do surgery whenever I wanted.

So in a couple weeks I get done but I know it's finished and I got my money's worth. It's also aching and keeping me up at night. I can sometimes stretch it out and walk with barely a limp but not for long. When you're sure you're sure and get it done. If it responds to physio well it could be you can still squeeze some use out of that sucker. I think the trick is don't let it lose mobility to the point you can't keep muscle mass. Better to go in strong then atrophied and lame, rehab won't likely go any better from that starting point.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You got it kiddo! :prayer:
Hi Nana757.I have been trying to return your message and can't seem to be able to find you where I can message you back .Hope this makes it


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dear @Cynthia777
I think you need to come out and play,, you will get all grumpy and tired if you work non stop.. just saying..

hope all is well!!:wave:
 
@Lseven
Thank you for your thoughts and advice!!!! It all makes a lot of sense. I am noticing my hip is becoming a little stiffer lately, which is affecting my gait. Surgery is looking more and more like a winner!
 
@CricketHip and @Nana757
How are my pals doing????? As for me....hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go! :heehee: I MISS my Bonesmart family! I've got so much catching up to do with everyone's recovery! I'll be back to playing and pestering everyone again real soon. Hugs!! Xoxo
 
Okay Miss Cindy.. We will give you a few more days,, now don't make Nana and me come out there!!! **hee hee**
 
Hi @Cynthia77 there you are, I too have been wondering where you are. Hope you are ok.
So you have decided to have surgery? Do you have a date or in the planning mode.

Keep well xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom