THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandybeach LeeApril26 Yesterday was my last day of work until September. I had no problems getting back into the swing of things but on the other hand I look forward to do some more healing over the next 2 months. Sandy, I only work part-time anyway, the only time I do full time hours is if one of the other 2 are out. Which in November I believe my boss is going out to have her other knee done. Today was my last day of PT, I am going to miss my therapist, as she has worked so well with me. All in all I believe my recovery is going brillantly (which is week 10), the only thing that may be bothersome for me, which I have read most of us go through, is getting stiff after we have sat but once we are up a 1 min. or so we are fine. Sandy, how are you doing at work? Lenora, I have been keeping up on your progress and it sound like you are also coming right along.
 
Do you feel that you have met your goals that you set for yourself with your PT? I still have a long ways to go but it takes time. I am getting stronger now that I can go up the stairs with my first leg now without little to no support. My newest leg not yet. I still have ROM issues but they are getting better too. I just can't wait for like 6 months out and where I will be then. You will continue throwing horseshoes and you get back your strength in your legs quickly.
 
Liveringer play time!! I hope you have a great summer, with tons of healing going on, not to mention back yard cookouts and tournaments. What were your PT's recommendations for the summer?
 
Thanks for the update Liveringer. I'm glad that work went well and that you now have more time to heal. By November you will be far further along, and able to cover for your colleague more easily.
I do think I am doing pretty well. Trying not to overdo things but very eager to get back to a more normal life.
 
sandybeach Yes I did meet my goal with PT, I challenged her on meeting one that I wanted to play horseshoes by the end of June. Well I am one week ahead of schedule, still taking it slow & easy but playing just the same. For me this is great exercise for my legs, arms, buttocks and stomach.

What were your PT's recommendations for the summer?​
Chris, now what do you think??? HORSESHOES of course!:rotfl: :rotfl: Oh and win!
 
Liveringer you are doing brilliantly. :thumb: I like to read your posts, as we were 'done' at the same time and I need to know if Im getting closer to catching you up :snork: I cant believe how quick Im starting to get going now Im off those crutches, but I think it will be another two or three weeks until Im as far ahead as you. Have you been down on the floor yet? It took me 3 days to finally pluck enough courage to do it, but I did, and got up ok as well - although very ungainly. :rotfl:
 
TeeEm I do believe you are catching up to me. I have been on the floor and I still do some stretching exercises in the morning to get going. I was able to do just about everything at my job but clean one of the milk coolers. It stands about a foot off the floor and about 2 1/2 feet deep, bending down in there I was not even going to attempt. But I climbed onto a chair to unplug something without even thinking that I was climbing.... sheesh. Most have said they see a milestone at week 12 well Tee lets see if we see that in a couple of weeks. :friends:
 
Liveringer I am like you, seeing milestones every few days. My past weekend was my best so far. I do things slowly but I'm doing them. Going up and down stairs is getting so much more easy and quicker not that I am setting any records. How often do you go play horseshoes?
 
Liveringer. So glad to hear how well you are progressing. I wonder how long it is before that achy stiffness leaves after sitting, standing, longer car rides, first thing in the morning? Enjoy the rest of your summer off. I go back to work in two weeks. Starting to get up at 6:00 this week to get ready for my normal 4:45-5:00 wake up call. My normal body clock prefers 7:00-7:30. Still struggling with sleep issues
 
sandybeach I try to practice horseshoes everyday but tournament wise varies it could be a few times a month to once a month. Years ago it was a tournament just about everyweek if we wanted to.

Mamarey I wonder about the achy stiffness also but after a minute or so it subsides. Your job requires being in the car is that correct? I know someone who also drives for a living and his OS told him he needed to get out of the car every 2 hours and walk around. I don't know if he still has to do that, as his surgery was just about a year ago.
 
My first long drive will be next week when I have a four hour drive up to Northern Michigan. I plan to stop every two hours and walk. I went to my OS yesterday, he took an X Ray. Said it looks beautiful, and that it does sound like I may have tendonitis in the groin. He said that the swelling and stiffness is normal, and takes many months to subside. I am seeing his Pain Management specialist next week for an ultrasound guided cortisone shot. I can have a total of three in six months. Hopefully, one will do the job. He said I have no restrictions, but would not add anything more to my activity level until the tendonitis subsides. It will be interesting to see how I adjust to the long days in the car and being in and out of the car 30+ times a day along with the standing. I need to spend some extra time doing stretching and exercises for my hip flexors and legs.
 
Mamarey I found that standing bothered me at first when I went back to work but each day got better and better. Glad to hear that the stiffness does eventually subside after time. Also what a wonderful report that you had with you OS yesterday. I case I don't catch up with you next week, I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and be sure to make plenty of stops and stretch.
 
Mamarey Liveringer Everyone on here speaks of the stiffness so it's so normal and doesn't seem to matter how in shape or out of shape we are. It is our bodies letting us know it's still healing deep inside. I found too that everyday back to work gets easier. The first few I was really wondering if I could do it but it quickly got better. Mamarey, I wish you luck next week, and hang in there it will get better as the days go by.
 
Mamarey. When I took my first long car ride two weeks ago, just getting out and walking around wasn't enough. This week I had a four hour ride, and before I walked around when we stopped half-way I did heel raises, quad stretches and side lifts (in a supermarket parking lot!). It seemed to help. I was already sore from an excursion the night before, but I didn't add pain from the ride, unlike the first time.
 
sandybeach, zauberflöte, Littlejem, Kim22, LeeApril26, ByGosh, Peaches and anyone else I may have forgotten. Today is week 11, I started out my morning going for my first long walk....How long? 2.5 miles I couldn't believe it (it didn't feel like that distance) felt pretty good it was humid so told my sister (we went together) I brought my bathing suit let go back to your house and I'll do a little resistance in the pool and cool down at the same time. So off to her house we went. I felt great! I do feel like I walked but surprisingly I still feel pretty good. This will be a test for next weekend, July 6th, as I will be pitching horseshoes in my first tournament. I am finding that just standing is improving everyday. Hopefully tomorrow I will do the same walk as today. I must describe this walk as it is in a park the next town over from me, it is paved, wooded area, filled with brooks, streams and natural springs, benches to sit on throughout, pavilions throughout the park to have cookouts and footpaths if you are a hiker. It is one of the places that is free of charge just respect its beauty and what you bring in goes out with you. If I think of it I will take some pictures and post here. Happy Healing my Bonesmart friends "Life Is Good"
 
Liveringer That's a great report! Two and a half miles is amazing, so happy for you. And the setting sounds lovely. And, then the pool. You are doing really well, and it's wonderful to hope that in a few,weeks I can try it, too. Don't forget to ice :)
 
wow Liveringer great report! 2.5 miles, in my dreams. I know, I too will be able to do that in time, but it just makes me fly to think of how good it must have felt to you :) That park is a jewel, I hope it stays forever :)
All this walking will get you in good shape for that tournament-- we want video of you pitching, um, the winning toss? I know ZERO about horseshoes LOL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom