Guest viewing is limited

THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liveringer Congratulations on completing the 2.5 mile walk today.What a fantastic achievement for you and in such a beautiful and uplifting environment.Do post the photos.I am so happy for you and wish you lots of luck for next weekend.You sound so incredibly happy, well done.
 
Liveringer Great news! The park sounds like the perfect place to walk. I'd love to see some pictures of it. You are doing so well, good for you.
I hope you have a lot of fun at your horseshoe tournament! It will be nice to see everyone again and to pitch those ringers. Why not posting a picture of you playing horseshoes?
Our family always 'tries' to play when we go to Vermont and we make a visit to a particular resort - they have a nice place on their lawn. I'm not so good at it - It's not easy to throw those so far, and actually get some points. You must have a strong arm and a good aim!:)
 
Poppet It was a wonderful walk, I must say that I am lame this morning (muscles, hip feels fine) but in a way of any person who isn't use to walking would feel the next day. Would I go and do again today YES but....its raining!
 
Wowie nice walking accomplishment Liveringer! Those horseshoes will be flyin' next Saturday!! :happydance:
Thanks for looking for moi...
SeaSiren How are you doing? Are you feeling better? I sure hope so, I checked your thread and you obviously haven't posted there ; )
I am doing a tad better thank youuuuuu :scratch: You know sometimes you just get tired of yourself (I'm talking about ME not YOU!!) I had 3 calls today from friends I hadn't talked with in a couple of weeks and I had to blah blah blah about my recent setback -- borrrrinnngg!! Anyway I'll post on my thread in more detail...stuff :yes: maybe tomorrow!
 
2.5 miles, Liveringer! And what a lovely trail. I would love that kind of walk. I'd need to stop at those various places and sit for a minute, but 2.5 sounds doable sometime in my future. And this time last year, I could not have said the same thing. You're doing great! I hope you enjoy and are able to rest as well during your time off before work begins.

(P.S. I know you'd planned on repeating the walk the next day, but got rained out. But I'm wondering if that's for the best. I tend to think I need a day of rest in between stuff like a day of lots of walking outside. Or am I too cautious? I never know.)
 
(P.S. I know you'd planned on repeating the walk the next day, but got rained out. But I'm wondering if that's for the best. I tend to think I need a day of rest in between stuff like a day of lots of walking outside. Or am I too cautious? I never know.)​

Peaches The day after I went to the post office and back to my shock it was a mile. I pitch horseshoes everyday and I walk at least a mile. So far, it has not bothered me except for some energy drain which that too is getting better everyday. If I were swelling or if it hurt I would definately take a day of resting & icing if needed.
 
Upstater I won't be far from you next weekend. Ken & I will be traveling to Waterloo for a tournament. Hopefully all this rain we have been getting will be out of its system by then. I guess we shouldn't complain, as out west are in a drought as a result of wildfires and my prayers go out to all of them & their families.
 
Liveringer You won't be too far from me. I'm in Palmyra. We were just discussing getting back to playing horseshoes. As of now we can't open the door without being swarmed. We back on the Erie Canal. That could be a contributing factor.
 
sandybeach, TeeEm, ByGosh, Peaches, zauberflöte, Kim22, Maeve, LeeApril26, Poppet, SeaSiren, Songlady and those I may have forgotten unintentionally.

Today I had my 3 month visit with the PA. I had only a couple of questions for her, my OS said all restrictions lifted (what exactly does that mean?)
#1 swimming (including breast stroke) YES
#2 when I shower I help lift my op leg to wash my foot (I am allowed to do that?) YES
#3 About an inch or so below my scar it is tender (sore muscle) is it normal? YES NORMAL we are still healing up to a year or so. (I knew this but asked anyway)
Now no need for me to go back until my 1 year anniversary to see how things are going. :tada:
I get home and lo and behold there is a jury summons waiting for me, for middle of July...grrrrrr, I knew I was going to get one as I had received one early May and I could not do it I was only 4 weeks post op at that time. So I postponed it and they let me choose July and they wasted no time....:rotfl:

Now, onto the Elmore Oil. I have used this just about a week now. I still feel it helps with the aches especially in the knees. I use it on my scar a massage it in. So the verdict for me is 2 thumbs up and I do feel it do work. In the past I have bought such products as bengay, mineral ice, icy hot, asper creme and even a $29.99 jar of Austrailian Dream (waste of money) I figured if they offered money back guarantee that it probably was a good product IMO its ****. Most of those items do help for like sore muscles maybe even a mild backache but not arthirtis (not for me anyways). So on my way home from the PA's office I stopped at the drug store and bought another bottle of Elmore Oil for my purse.

All in all I feel great and getting back to normal but without the pain this time! "Life Is Good" I will still be around to cheer my fellow hippy friends on.
 
Liveringer. Congratulations on the great report and condolences on the Jury summons. I would suggest you bring a cane and a thick pillow, because if you are called you will be stiff. And, perhaps your recent surgery will protect you from a long trial. You really need to move more often than long jury service would allow.
I was interested that you were okayed for the breast stroke as my OS said no breast stroke ever. He also said no sandals ever. Maybe a little rigid?
So happy you are doing well.
 
LeeApril26 I said to the PA, Dr. Greenky lifted all restrictions "What does that mean"? She looked at me puzzled I say such as breast stroke swimming, lifting my leg while showering (I even demonstrated) she said, if it does not hurt doing it and you are comfortable by all means you are good enough to continue doing it. I can live with that! She was very impressed on how well my gait is. I don't understand the sandal thing though. Have you ever asked Josephine her opinion? If we can't wear sandals or flip flops how are we to enjoy the beach? I hope you get the chance to ask him again or ask why?
 
Oh, mine didn't mention sandals, I thought you mentioned it. I will be curious to see what gets lifted next week. It will be 8 weeks. Brace should come off and I want to sleep on my side!
 
Great 3 month report Liveringer:happydance:... woohoo no restrictions! Here's hoping you get a very short jury trial! Geesh I know you'd rather be outdoors slingin' those horeshoes... Good advice about writing down (and telling EVERYTHING) to my OS tomorrow - I always feel they're against the clock... so I'll be prepared! Cheers to a sunny weekend for you... and all of us! xo
 
Liveringer, isn't it nice to have restrictions off? I didn't have any but there was plenty I didn't do or couldn't do because it would hurt. So you are clear for a year!!! Now you can enjoy your summer and get those muscles built up again. By the next school year you will be back in tip top shape. As far as scandals go I wear them all the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom