Guest viewing is limited

THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liveringer Karen, fabulous 3 month report!! Goodbye restrictions, you obeyed what you needed to and are having a great recovery. Sorry about the so-soon jury duty. I hope you get a one-day traffic offense and are home free after that. And thanks for the Elmore Oil review-- great to hear from a user :) I'm glad you're going to stick around here, I look forward to your posts!

LeeApril26 here we go with the "different surgeons different lifetime restrictions" thing again. I would ask to see if he tells all his patients this, or if he singled you out b/c he knows that you have a secret habit of running around the city in bare feet....

Upstater I hope you get the brace off and "no restrictions" and you progress at lightning speed starting next week!

sandybeach you wear scandals all the time?:heehee: What are we to do with you?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
Now that's funny!!!! You girls are toooooo muuuuch!!!!!!
 
sandybeach Actually my restrictions were off at 6 weeks by the O/S, but now that I am at 3 months I wanted clarification of what that meant.
As far as scandals go I wear them all the time​
I don't know about the scandals but.....:heehee:
Lenora's surgeon is the one who told her no sandals ever
 
Liveringer, glad you are getting benefit from the Elmore oil :) I am still using it and having great results with stubborn areas that were verging on becoming chronic and areas such as my back, hands and fingers which has severe OA and there has been an improvement for me.

It won't cure OA, but it is a very good topical anti inflammatory due to the combination of the natural properties and therefore as it is topical and not ingested, it is very promising to me. I use it twice a day and every hour on my fingers at work, which is safe if you have no sensitivities.

I have spoke with the company CEO and they are sending me the scientific research and the double blind trial results.. I plan to do scientific research on the weekend into each constituent and then then combination...

My excitement was when I found out the Doctors from all over Australia have been been requesting samples.. So the mainstream medicine is interested that is for sure.

I have a slight lumpy area at the bottom of my 10 inch plus incision and it is certainly helping that..

Anyone reading this, do not use it on open skin, scratches or wounds etc and definitely do a skin patch test to check for sensitivities.
 
sandybeach It's never too late to start! :heehee: (scandals, that is..)

Thanks Poppet for the thorough evaluation of your Elmore Oil use, and your weekend homework assignment. It's helping all of us to learn about it. Very considerate of you to let us know, and I'm glad the oil is helping you so much. :friends:

Liveringer Congratulations on the great 3 month report card. That's wonderful for you - no restrictions, you can have sandals (or scandals, your choice), go swimming, the Elmore oil works- it's all good.
Can you put the jury off until Sept? That will give you more time...
There's no guarantee that you'll be selected, right? My son went two weeks ago, and wasn't even interviewed. He had to wait all day, and they got other people to serve. He was happy about that. So hopefully, you won't have to serve, and you can get back to what you love - the horseshoes and your good life. :)
 
Liveringer Congratulations on a wonderful 3 month report.Its wonderful to be free of all restrictions and it is good news that your life is good again and pain free with a normal gait.Its good news that the Elmore Oil is beneficial to your muscle aches.We are eagerly awaiting our samples to arrive over here.I am using a homemade oil as per Poppets recipe which seems to help a little especially if followed by heat.Did you ask the doc about the muscle pain ? I was wondering how long on average we can expect them to last

It's a shame about the jury service. I bet that's the last thing you need in the middle of your summer break and all that sitting about.
 
Poppet I am getting great results from the Elmore Oil. I to am using it on my knees, fingers, scar and overly used muscles. It may not be a cure for arthitis but boy it sure helps with stiffness and achiness. I apply it at least 2x's a day if not 3x's. Like I said, I bought another bottle just for my purse. Plus it makes the skin soft thats a bonus!
 
Poppet I am getting great results from the Elmore Oil. I to am using it on my knees, fingers, scar and overly used muscles. It may not be a cure for arthitis but boy it sure helps with stiffness and achiness. I apply it at least 2x's a day if not 3x's. Like I said, I bought another bottle just for my purse. Plus it makes the skin soft thats a bonus!

Fantastic.. I am getting the same results :)

Josephine, Jamie, fyi....
 
Liveringer. I think my surgeon is the only one to restrict it, probably because I wore a pair to the six week check up. He is concerned about infections if the foot is cut, as it could spread to the hip. I asked Josephine and she said everyone, with or without a THR, should be aware of cuts and blisters, and the potential for infection. My PT has never heard of it.
 
zauberflöte. Not a barefoot girl, but did wear sandals to the six week exam. Bad idea. When my niece visited me in NYC from Oregon she walked barefoot all over the city, and amazingly she is still alive and well.
 
LeeApril26, yep, that would give your surgeon food for thought at the six week visit.

I actually got blisters on my heels when I returned to work at 7 weeks, by wearing pre surgery shoes and was concerned. I took great care after that. One of our members stubbed her toe Octopus and got an infection and was on several courses of antibiotics to treat it. It was a very stubborn infection to treat from memory.

It is all about taking care of ourselves now.. Cracked skin on heels need attention as well for example :)
 
Liveringer Its so good you had the OK to get on with your life.
LeeApril26 I think I said at the time I wore sandals to my post op check up and nothing was said. I think we have to be sensible and not put ourselves at risk but normal every day stuff shouldn't send us in to a panic.
 
I am going to look for that Elmore Oil. I wonder if Walgreen's sells it. I notice my knees hurt when I go down stairs, that didn't happen before surgery. Does anyone know what happens if we do get an infection? Does it go to the implant? What about a UTI?
 
Elosarabrab. I remember. And I agree about being sensible. When I dig in my garden I wear garden gloves and sneakers with socks, because soil can have some bad stuff in it.
Poppet. I have always used tea tree oil on scratches and blisters, and whenever I have a pedicure I rub it all over my toes when I get home so I don't get a fungal infection. I am cautious, just not ready to give up sandals for life.
sandybeach. I thought I had UTI symptoms after the surgery. The OS sent me for a urine culture, and I had loads of cranberry juice and yogurt for the week until I got the results, which were a low white blood cell count but no bacterial infection. I was not given medication. I think for a UTI or dental work you need to find out what your OS wants you to do. It all seems different.
 
At my visit with the OS he did give me a prescription in case I need dental work. He said some doctors don't think it's necessary to take. He really didn't say what he thought.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom