PKR Hopefully half a hopper now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that you are progressing - it sounds that you are doing well for 2 weeks out if you are walking for 15 minutes

Understand the frustration of being stuck at home though :flwrysmile:
 
I noticed that you have a tendency to keloid scars - have you been advised to do anything in particular to keep your scar nice as I have keloids?
 
Hi Hopper, Any news from Izzie today? Neither myself nor Diana has heard from her. I hope it's just that she's busy or computer problems.:kittykiss:
 
Well I guess you know by now all is well with Izzie. How are you feeling today? I hope you can get out do a little something. Those walls sure have a way of becoming hateful.
 
Good morning! I'm cheery as I'm having a trip out - to the supermarket! Better than no where. My husband is going to push me around it. Poor man.
Very pleased Izzie is home and fine.
Puffin - I've no idea how to treat my scar - have you been told how?
The PT had me lying on my back trying to bend my knee and do knee slides - I struggled very much and was a failure. In the middle of last night I woke had a stretch and bent both knees up! Not a huge bend but a bend. Weird.
The new knee is still very numb in parts and has a tingly feeling when I'm not icing.
My left leg is not feeling good - it's aching and uncomfortable - probably from supporting the other one, or me lying oddly - I'm just not sure.
However, I feel I'm standing and walking a little fairly well on the new knee.
A lovely chocolate cake arrived yesterday - what a spirit lifter!
Have a good weekend everyone.
 
You are doing so well for so early in the recovery. When doing heel slides do you use any strap to assist -you put the strap around middle of foot and you assist the muscles by pulling on it--you do not pull to pain or force but just to assist and remind the leg what it can do. The hospital I was in provided the strap to assist with exercises as well as to assist moving the leg when getting up or sitting down at the beginning. You probably were able to do in bed due to swelling decrease and being relaxed. Again, you are doing so well and the rest will come with time and patience (the hardest thing to find some days).
 
Thanks - that's very useful info.
 
Hi, I hope your trip to the supermarket went well and you didn't over do things. It's funny that such a routine thing can give us such a boost. I can't wait till I can go to the mall and just spend the afternoon browsing the shops. I haven't done that for a couple of years. It's just in to the shop I have to go to and out to the car.:groan:Saves money though and hubby is happy as he doesn't have to chase me around. I hope there is an end in sight to his bliss :rotfl:
I'm sure the tingling and numbness is quite normal. Every time I had surgery it took a long while for this to subside. As they say "This to shall pass" :SUNsmile:


Please have a good day today and I'll check back later.
 
Yesterday I enjoyed a short walk out in the sunshine - I took the walker. I was actually quite tired after 20 minutes but the knee feels good.
I don't know if I need a cane or walker really but maybe its good to have something around just incase?
When did others give it up?
I'm not crazy about the cane - I feel lopsided with it.
I've not had pain meds for over a week and apart from some very minor niggles its ok. I think the niggley bits are just the knee healing.
My scar is very very dry looking. It's at the scab stage and I don't know if I should put some cream or oil on it or not? Advice anyone?
You are right Myway - bad knees save you money as hanging about the shops isn't an option!
 
My "spots" where they attached the sensors(?) for the computer assisted seemed to heal a bit slower than the staple marks, but they did clear up just fine in the end.
 
Hi Hopper,
Just checking in :) I am glad you are getting out & about....it really does lift one's spirit :SUNsmile:
Even if it is to the grocery store :ok:I hope you are doing well !!! Have a great day :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Yes. It's too easy to feel very cut off from the real world! Not a feeling I like. :gaah:
I'm counting the weeks to being able to get over the pond and see my family - five to go. It seems like for ever.
BUT my great friend is going to fly over from Germany in two weeks time and will be here for a week. I'm thrilled and so looking forward to seeing her. She knows I will be very limited in my activities but we will plan things and get out and about.
Such a tonic! :yay:
 
Must feel good to have been out walking in the fresh air - it is one thing I am soooooo looking forward to as at the moment I cannot go out of the house if no-one is home as I cannot put on the knee support by myself

How many weeks post-op will you be when you plan to go back to the UK? I am hoping to get to my niece's wedding
 
Wow! You have two things to look forward to! I don't no which one I'd be looking forward to the most but I suppose seeing your family will be the best prize. Has it been a long time since you saw your friend?
It sure sounds like things are progressing well for you and you have five more weeks of healing time before you go home! You should be able to really enjoy your trip!:happydance:Don't forget about your friends here though.:heehee:
 
Well - it wasn't too long a walk - a very good ice cream stop helped me along. But walking outside was bliss. Might be in the ODIC tonight though. :)
I've got a bit of an ache now - the ice is on!
Puffin you are amazing being as cheery as you are stuck in such a lot. :SUNsmile:
It's going to be wonderful to have my pal here - I last saw her in December. I'm not sure about the flight home - it's over eight hours and then the mega trek through the terminal and baggage collection - can you get help with that?
I'm too nosey to drop out of bonesmart - I so much want to know how all you folks are doing and I've got t'other leg to go! :friends:
 
Well, I joined the ODIC! Not that I did much at all really. Just a bit of walking on two days. Two short walks - 200 yards. Plus my physio exercises.
The outside of my knee was twanging horribly.
A more than miserable Hopper resulted.
Fortunately I was seeing the physio who was disappointed that I entered his abode on the old walker. I felt I needed it to keep me walking symmetrically. I've walked with a limp for a couple of years now and I really am having to concentrate hard on walking correctly.
Anyhow the PT - or physio to me - thought it was my hip, back, leg alignment and after a slightly uncomfortable massage down my right hip and back bingo! I walked rather better. :)
I'm certainly much more comfortable, mobile etc everyday but think I'm incredibly impatient.
I'm still feeling rather low - a shock to me because I never get low. :shocked:
After three weeks - so next week - I can go to the pool. The only problem is I can't drive yet so getting there is an issue. It's a very heavily chemically dosed pool - I'm not sure if that's good on the scar?
 
Hi, I took the day off as my knees are cranky today. Ah the old ugly impatient monster is rearing his head again! funny we can't seem to slay that dragon. All of us have tried to no avail.:hairpulling: I think it's a combo of surgery, pain, impatience and meds that gets everyone down. This surgery gives everyone shocks of one kind or another.:shocked:
Now on to the good stuff! So glad to hear the physio is helping you feel better and i'm sure your gait will improve with time. I try to concentrate on walking properly now before my op. It's amazing how bad my gait is and I didn't think about it til I starting reading about everyone here trying to walk the right way.The chemicals in the pool shouldn't hurt your scar if it's healed. The Dr. would have warned you about that. I swam as soon as possible after surgeries with no problems.:SUNsmile:
 
Ive just had a great, long, self indulgent howl!
It's odd - I feel as if I'm grieving for something. I'm worrying incase this op doesn't work, incase it doesn't last, incase I've done the wrong thing.....crazy.
Is this at all normal? It's certainly not for me.
I'm walking much better today. I'm pain free. I'm not on meds. So I've lots pf positives. Yet.....
I'm also hating the idea that I need the other knee done.
Sorry anyone who reads this miserable post. It's just how I'm feeling.
Yuk!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom