PKR Hopefully half a hopper now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:friends: aaww Hopper you and your knees have been through a lot of pain and loss of sleep- it is like a post surgery stress reaction now that it is all over - you are allowed to feel down - remember the links that the mods give? one is for the post op energy drain
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/energy-drain-for-tkrs.11953/

Take care and try to rest - do not do too much for the ODIC
 
Hopper Sorry you're feeling down, but this recovery is a roller coaster ride for sure. You're at the time when you think it can't get any worse, but it will get better. I know you miss your family, and it must be very hard to be so far away from them. Hang in there.

Hugs,
Dorothy
 
Dear Hopper,
The crying is a good thing, It releases stress & will make you feel much better :) You do
have more than most ( with being away from home ) but, you are doing amazingly well & will be
home in a few weeks :happydance:You should also feel really good after I tell you why I am writing you :)
as you know, my surgery is this Monday :shocked:I am leaving personal messages to the folks who have
helped me so much....... You have truly been so comforting to me :console2:your humor & compassion
for other people is amazing. You have helped me when I'm down :boohoo:& made me laugh ! I thank you
from the bottom of my heart.............for being a true friend :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I hope today is a better day! I didn't your post was miserable. I think it was normal. Just about everyone here seems to get down around this point and I'm sure it will happen to me. I'm more likely to have a :tantrum: than a ladylike cry. So I imagine you'll all have to listen to me at some point.
Now, I was accused of spiriting away one of the cabana boys from Diana's party but I put the blame on Puffin. :heehee: I can't imagine how Diana figured it out so fast.:rotfl:
puffin new knee in June
 
It's a better day today. Thank goodness. It's jolly hot here - about 90f - much too hot for a Brit twit. Thought I'd try a wander outside but think I might melt. :SUNsmile:
My physio is going quite well I think. I had a new chap today - I made him read my OS protocol sheet so he knew I wouldn't be pushed beyond easy tolerance - bossy boots!
My extension is 2 and rom about 90 but it did manage 110 with help yesterday. I can't peddle and feel I'm a fair way from getting the peddles right around. It's not been an issue in the past - I do hope that I get that back ok. :bicycle1:
I'm walking very short distances. I'm supposed to use the cane but often feel better balanced without it.
The knee is healing nicely. Ive not put anything on it yet and it does look a bit dry still.
I'd love to go in the pool next week but can't get myself there yet. I like the water and wonder if it helps ones rom?
Hope you liked that - ones rom!
I'm very excited for the June sunbeams. Have a lovely relaxing weekend! :flwrysmile:
 
Hopper,
So happy you are feeling better today :happydance:It is 93 degrees in Boston, way to hot :SUNsmile:
I just put the AC in & am much cooler.
Your ROM is amazing! I know we are not suppose to care, but BRAVO to you :egypdance:

My Way,
You make me laugh out loud :rotfl: :rofsign:Blaming poor Puffin for your "dirty deeds" see you at the party
tonight & please behave yourself, we do have standards :wink:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
I hope it is a little cooler today and you are able to get outside for a bit. How is the knee? Good for you to tell the new PT the way you wanted to go right from the start. You seem to be doing quite well with your ROM! hear from you soon.:SUNsmile:
 
Hopper, Just stopped by a birthday party and it is very hot and humid here in Houston. Pool's open so I may go down and stick my toes in. I'e joined the paety for the June Sunbeams so I'll have to see if I can rustle up some mai tais. Seriously, I hope you're having a good day.
 
Been out shopping - very boring grocery shopping. Had a ride in a wheelie - pushed myself around as I guess it's good for the bingo wings!
Walked a wee way to the ice cream shop by the lake. My knee isn't too comfortable on walking today and it jolly well moaned and groaned after sitting with it bent under the table!
Home for some ice and elevation with a dose of Britains got Talent. Very corny and totally daft so it makes me laugh and reminds me of the wacky island I come from.
I think my rom is Okish - but it's nowhere near as good as others here. I hope it's ok for three weeks.
I'm thinking about everyone - especially the Junies!
 
Haven't yet, but I'm hoping to tomorrow.

Dorothy
 
Hi, How are things with you? I hope everything is starting to sort it'self out and the weather is a little more bearable. Have you got to the pool for a swim yet? :SUNsmile:
 
I'm delighted to report that things are looking up. It doesn't hurt to walk, I had a nice lunch out with friends, and all around feeling much better. Haven't made it to the pool yet. It rained yesterday, and it's closed on Monday so maybe tomorrow, Weather is beautiful today. Probably about 90, but low humidity. How's everything with you today?
 
Went to the physio yesterday - a different chap. He thinks my rom is too poor and tried the scary 'you will need manipulation tactic' to which he got a good old British bog off response. :whistle:
Reminded him my surgeon said bend to tolerance and no forcing - at three weeks out surely I've some time to improve? Admittedly it seems to have reduced back to 90 if I'm lucky.
Walking backwards was interesting.
Sadly the opinion of two physios was that my scar isn't quite closed so no going in the pool for a while yet. :sad:
I do find I have to walk very slowly and feel slightly light headed sometimes.
I'm not walking very far at all - 100yards or around the supermarket is enough. I'm not sure how to build it up or when.
Being a side sleeper means I've now started to roll onto my side - ouch says my knee and it wakes me up. I do use a pillow to rest it on but it still gets painful.
I remain frustrated by how little I can do despite seeing small steady improvements in my mobility. Will I ever dash around again I wonder?
 
Good morning Hopper, Glad you stood up to the physio and know that you will get better ROM as the swelling goes down. As far as dashing around, it will come, although at this point for me it seems I was abe to do more at 9 weeks than now. My OS assures me that my knee is fine and I tell myself that I am still recovering from this muscle thing and have to hold off on the exercise. I just so want to be active again. So hang in there just doing your gentle heel slides, leg raises, and stretches. When is your friend coming to visit? Dorothy
 
Oh to dash!
My pal arrives from Germany on Sunday. I think it will be really good in that it may stop me feeling sorry for myself and make me look more out wards! I will have to look after her and do things with her.
She is very pragmatic and will pick me up and shake some sense into me! :yay:
 
Sounds like "what the doctor ordered." :wink: It is great to visit with friends after being a bit of a shut in. (Be careful of overdoing though)
 
Thank you Josephine. That's a very useful info sheet. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom