PKR Hopefully half a hopper now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, You keep on dreaming and know that you are on your way to doing all those things.:SUNsmile:
 
I'm back home. It took five hours to drive. I sat in the back with my leg elevated on my suitcase in front. All was fine. The salty chips helped. It's good to be in my own place.
 
I'm so glad your drive wasn't too bad and the salty chips helped. Now have a nice cup of tea and off to bed with you!:sleep:
 
I must be the only UK subject who doesn't drink tea! A g and t would be perfect! I guess it will be pain meds instead though.
Did you get a date myway?
 
Salty chips are great for too much g&t as well! Been there.:snork: No date yet but I told the Social worker at Joint Class today my saga and that I wanted to be done before the school year ends. This will give me the summer to recover. She did note it so between her and the wait times manager I am hoping it will be soon. Thanks for asking and now go to bed.:)
 
Well a week ago I went in and got my badge.
It's still a bright pink stripe amongst the yellow, black, blue, purplish bits of my leg.
All is well so far. I'm scooting about on the walker ok but know about it at night if I've over done it. Ice really helps.
I'm trying to reduce pain meds now during the day as I'm fairly comfortable but do get a deep ache at night in bed and it takes me a while to get my body at a good angle which in turn makes my knee more comfortable.
Every day is a better day! It great not feeling the awful bone on bone crunch I had before.
I'm struggling to get a PT sorted - I didn't realise I needed to book one before my op! The one I'd really like to go to is out of network - all new to me, this stuff.
So I'm just doing my little gentle exercises and engaging my VMO as suggested by the OS. He suggests PT starts only 7-10 days after surgery anyhow.
He gave me a postoperative rehab protocol letter to give to the PT with an outline for the next 12 weeks of therapy for my unicompartmental knee. Bonesmarties - you'd love it! It's full of words like gentle, as tolerated etc.
This suits a wimp like me just fine! Seriously though, I think I could very easily do too much today as I feel good. It's important for me to remind myself that my bones are at an early healing stage and that it's early in the day too.
I long to go outside for a lovely walk in the sunshine. Dream on for a while I think.
 
Glad to hear that you have made it home with the salty chips and are recoverying OK(ish) so far :thumb:

I know what you mean about looking out of the window and wanting to get out there - this is my 3rd summer with a walker and it is getting very old now ..... :SUNsmile:

Hope that you are following the mantra and getting some rest
 
Don't buy a new one! A new knee might last longer!
What nationality are you actually - English English!?
 
Puffin - that meant perfect English
 
Hi Hopper, I hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend. You seem to be doing great! Isn't it wonderful to have your OS write words like gentle for the PT. I don't think that would work for the one I had at my joint class. She would need the word gentle banged into her skull gently with a hammer!:rotfl: I hope I,m not the one who has to do it. Then again, I wonder how much jail time I would get? It would better for my recovery than having her work on my knees.
You sure don"t sound like a wimp and I do hope you don't over do it. It's easy to do when you feel so good.:martini:
 
Hello! glad you hear you got home safe and sound and that all is well.
one thing i would say though, one week out is REALLY soon to be cutting down your meds, one thing i've learnt on here is that you wont heal properly if you are in pain and you'll also sleep a lot better!

Keep resting and iceing and elevating and following the mantra!

Best wishes, Fernie
 
Hopper, I have found two avatas that I thought you might like to use. They is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested them. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully half a hopper now!
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully half a hopper now!
The first on may not hop on your avatar and the second may.
 
Glory - I've been hopping around after that flying bunny for ages. I'm on an iPad and it just won't hop to where I want it!

Thank you Fernie - I know you are right about the pain meds and I must admit I really don't want that awful blast of pain I suffered at first through missing a meds dose. It was horrible.
I'm just trying to see if I can get rid of the wool head feeling a wee bit. I've got my PT on Tuesday at 7am!!! - and so I may well take them then in anticipation of pain. I'm not doing too much so I've been okay with cutting down in the day and cutting a little at night. The ice works wonders for me and that's one thing I'm not cutting down on!
I'm taking norco and it seems quite strong??
I've had a wee trip out today - in the car then just sitting, not doing much at all but the change of scenery and some country air was great. I took my ice bags along with me.
I think I'm doing ok. It's early days.
Most of my knee is still very numb - I don't know if that's normal? It stops it being painful I suppose!

I'm off to see if I can catch the bunny this time around!
 
I was just perusing posts here and noticed someone had said they'd keep their new knee - and it's pretty pink scar - out of the sun this year.
I realise I know nothing about looking after my healing skin on my badge of honour. I'd have allowed it to sunbathe - but it looks like that's the wrong thing to do!
I scar very badly - keloid I think?
Can anyone advise?
Does any scar cream help? If so when do you use it?
Does gentle massage help - and if so when? Do oils help?
 
You know for sure it's a keloid scar? Keloiding looks something like this. If that's what you had then yes, you do need to keep it out of the sun

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully half a hopper now!
 
My doc told me to keep it out of the sun or use sunscreen--I think mostly because the skin is sensitive at first. :scratch: Also I'm very fair and sunburn very easily.
 
Definitely. Any scar should be babied for at least 6 months to avoid scaring. Lots of patients use vitamin E oil once the incision is completely closed. The oil and massage helps the scar stay pliable and not form adhesions. Use sunscreen when out in the sun or that new baby skin will burn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom