TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hello there your feeling of willl this never end came thru. It is such a downing time if our previous problems come.back.and bite us in the proverbial. can't you.go.to.drs re pain management. Try to.keep.smiling

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @hopefaith sorry about this pain. But your ROM is ok? That's something. Hope your doc has some ideas for you.
 
Sorry to hear you are still having problems.
I also am getting more pins and needles and numbness on the outside (which I know is normal) but it goes down my leg some when it gets fired up.
This could be from your back, but also from this Meralgia Paresthetica .
Good luck on the 9th,
 
@Pumpkln actually the pain goes from that expected numb spot on the outside of my right knee down a few inches when I have been doing more. (Especially at the end of the day). And it burns and is very sensitive to touch.
Are there any articles on here about metal allergies?
 
@Legin
The thought of a pain clinic is upsetting. I stopped narcotics last July and the thought of needing them this far out just upsets me terribly.
 
You will first need to find out who mfg your implant. Smith and Nephew knees are coated with oxinium and are less likely to cause an allergic reaction. Most other implants have some nickel in them.
Contact the hospital for a copy of the Sticker Sheet with your implant mfg and serial numbers, or ask your OS.
 
Maybe TENS or other non-narcotic things would help. I don't know much about these things but they seem to be developing new approaches all the time.
 
Dang HF, not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping when I came back this time you would be much better.
If I said good things take time would you believe me? I wish thinks would start going your way.
Take care & stay tough.
 
I am slowly getting better. @ironman60
My knee is feeling a lot better with a few diet changes I have made.
The other stuff is slow but it is gradually healing.
(You can't ice and elevate a broken heart :heehee:)
How are you?
 
Glad you are getting better. It does take a long time for both things to heal. But they will.
Well maybe not the heart. But you learn how to deal with it & be happy for the things you had & know that there is still happiness & great things to come in your life. I think it was two years before I could smile & mean it but I'm a slow learner. You will be surprised at how much physical pain is caused by depression. Everyone heals at their own pace so don't rush it just let it happen. (with help ofcorse) As for me. I am doing great. Feeling better & stronger than I have in years. I seem to have found my balance in both ways. I quit falling down :yahoo: & I am still pushing hard but I don't think I am over doing. I know you will get to that place one day again. You are strong.
Take care. :flwrysmile:
 
@ironman60 thanks for the encouragement. I think it will take more time. I am in a great support group. Also, thanks for giving me hope. We all need people to hold hope for us.
Yes, I think depression and pain are very interconnected.
~hopefaith
 
Does this mean you lost weight @hopefaith? X or was it medical reasons. You don't have to answer my question on here if you don't want. That's perfectly ok.

Tbh my moods up and down horribly at the moment. I got my support worker calling me on Thursday. I will speak to her about all this. I never dreamed at the start of my recovery I'd end up like this (mentally) x it's not responding as quick as it had done in the past.

I'm in awful pain my left knee has decided to act up despite the meds ice and everything x

Definitely agree with you and @ironman60 about the correlation between depression and pain xxx

When I have a good day my pain is less or is when I have less pain my day is better? Haven't worked that one out yet xxx

(((((Big hugs)))) it's lovely to have you back on the site. It really is.

Love Ann x x x
 
@Nana moon 27
I am so sorry you are in so much pain. The second I say my knee feels better, then it has a bad day .....today.
I have also had awful anxiety today.
I lost 15 lbs. after surgery. I haven't gained it back. The gluten free helps me not gain weight but I did it because I feel a lot better and it seems to be overall decreasing my knee pain.
x x x for you Ann,
MaryJean
 
@Nana moon 27
I actually went out and shoveled snow last night and this morning. I had to.
It's me only. My knee did quite well although I am icing it now.
My knee really is connected with my emotions. I am really seeing that more and more.
The weather is another big indicator. We are being pummeled with snow storm after snow storm.
Did your knee settle? I hope so! x x x
Hopefaith
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom