TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Hi @hopefaith
Well done for snow shovelling. My knees are playing up still. Had my bf visit this afternoon, she loved the birthday present I'd ordered for her. It was a set of silver bangles, each one inscribed with a positive quote eg laugh as you've never laughed before, dance like no ones watching. She is having the same issues as us. She welled up with tears and said that was the most thoughtful present ever x x x
Love Ann x x x
 
Hi--sorry you've been hit with so much snow, but glad you were able to get out and shovel without too much after effects. Do you have a snowblower? We had just a little bit of snow this week so I didn't break out the snowblower but it was really cold--0F. That'll get your blood pumping! :heehee:
I had a really busy couple of weeks at work and am really tired. I dozed off on the couch today. I think my bad shoulder is affecting my sleep too, which might be partly why I'm so tired. Otherwise, I'm good.
 
I would like to give my 11 month report.
Since removing gluten from my diet (which has been proven to cause inflammation) my knee is tons better. less pain, can sit for longer periods, don't think about my knee very much, can hold my 31/2 year old grandson for short periods. The only change is the diet change. I was very discouraged before this. It has been about 1 month and OH what a difference!
I haven't returned to my previous level of exercising, but that has more to do with other issues in my life.
Maybe by my one year I will have started back on a good, consistent work out plan.
hopefaith
 
@Nana moon 27
what a nice picture. I would love to get a recent one taken.
A lovely gift for your bf.
I love bangles and wear them almost all the time.
Have you heard of "Alex and Ani"? American made by a wonderful woman originally. I love them!
h.f.
 
Thanks @hopefaith you are so kind. I was having a good day when I took that one. If you saw me right now you'd never say we were the same person x x x we've had very damp weather here and I knew it before I'd even opened the curtains. Oh my knees told me with the pain x

I will look up Alex and Ani they sound lovely x my bf was so pleased with them she was almost crying with happiness. She said it was the most thoughtful gift she ever received x x x

I think I'm going to try and cut right down on bread products. I need to do something. Certain breads upset my tummy or make me bloat and feel sick x x
I think that's why I did so well on slimming works before. I aged very little or no bread some days. I lost a load of weight and felt great. It's back on and more with a vengeance. I did lose a few pound the other week but I think that this is still come back on x x x x

You sound a bit brighter in yourself which is nice x

Take care Hopefaith

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @hopefaith

I just looked up Alex & Ani. Oh wow, you are so right, their designs are gorgeous. I really loved the endless knot wrap, the heart and Om. If I get some money spare I'm going to treat myself xxx

Now how are you doing our MJ you have a lovely smile xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery


To Mary Jean
Happy Birthday beautiful lady
Have a great day
All my love from Ann x x x x
 
Great to hear things are looking up.
 
Hello @hopefaith

Dunno tbh. Got stuff going on in my head. I'm overtired. Cannot sleep. Healthy minds are referring me for one to one, face to face support. They were not happy with my progress doing the online programme. Problem was I couldn't understand some of it. Sometimes I just could not be bothered to go on there. It felt tedious in the end x x x

How was your birthday honey?

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @hopefaith

Sons are lovely but not always "with it" on birthdays. Mines been better since he's been with his partner. That shows it's his partner that's giving him the necessary pushes!!! The girls always make a fuss xxx

If you are not feeling that you are progressing enough, you must let your support know this is the case. I was reluctant at first but I'm looking forward to my session whenever that my be x

Love Ann xxx
 
Just popping in to say hi.:wave:
 
My knee feels the change in weather coming.
Left knee is acting up.
(don't even suggest it). :yikes:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom