TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

Ok I'll,let you in on it x x simply open another tab, type in eg heart, image or baby boy image nd the pics will come up. Don't use ones with print across the middle. They're copyright Nd the moderators have to remove them.
Copy the pic you like. Go back to your thread and paste it on. It's that easy xxx
 
Join the club Mary-Jean. I the to be sensible and pragmatic about stuff but it doesn't work for this silly softie x x
I seem to hold myself responsible for everything that happens. That's why I'm having CBT. I have to go I've not done the online journal for it today. I just couldn't be bothered and that's really bad of me x
 
I am discouraged. My knee has been hurting a lot more lately. More swelling as in a noticeable bump on the outside of my knee. My NP told me a few months ago that is where the swelling shows up.
I also have pain ( I am assuming nerve pain) going down the outside of my right leg. This is new. This hurts in the morning before I get out of bed.
I am walking more and the leader of my group for depression really says that exercise is SO important. I am not ready to,go,to a pool, so that isn't an option right now.
I haven't been walking as much due to the pain and now,he is telling me I "was doing so well with my routine". I feel like a failure right now. It feels like a catch 22. So bummed!
~hopefaith
It's not like I just had surgery or anything. :cry:
 
@hopefaith I wish I knew what to tell you, but I'm at a loss! Maybe walk less and do more upper body exercises. Would a knee brace of some type help? I hope you find something that works for you. Hugs!
 
You are right it is a catch "22", you do what you can, that is all you can do, it is good enough.
Please see an OS or a Physiatrist about your "nerve" pain to determine where it is coming from so it can be addressed.
Think about floor program for exercise, pilates comes to mind.
I am sorry you are having problems with your knee, you have enough to deal with otherwise.
Wishing you all the best,
 
I don't post much anymore. Not being abLe to tag my "friends" prevents people from coming to my thread. I miss you all a lot. Yesterday went okay. The first Holiday after a divorce is supposed to be very difficult. .....it has been. I will be so glad when it is mid January.
~hopefaith
 
Hi MaryJean, @hopefaith

You can still tag your friends. You are just asked not to start your message with a list of tags. This notice shows you how to do it.
Misuse of tags or alerts

The reason we had to ask people not to begin with a long list of tags was that people using a phone to access the site only saw the list of tags displayed. Their screens are too small for them to be able to see the message as well.
So, we had to change the rules a bit.

We still want you to talk to your friends - we know that's important - and many of them will be checking your thread anyway, even without being tagged. I know that I look every day, to see if you have posted.

How is your knee feeling now? I know it was giving you a bit of trouble. I hope it's settling down again.

Best wishes for a better year in 2015!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom