TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

I don't post much anymore. Not being abLe to tag my "friends" prevents people from coming to my thread. I miss you all a lot. Yesterday went okay. The first Holiday after a divorce is supposed to be very difficult. .....it has been. I will be so glad when it is mid January.
~hopefaith
Hi I don't know yA. But good luck.


SonnysWife❤️
 
Hi @hopefaith

I get an alert every time you post because I "follow" you. Therefore any of your friends that have pressed the follow button will get an alert any time you post. If you want to get alerts from your friends, simply press their profile pic and press the follow button. If you get too many alerts, you can simply go back into profile and press unfollow.

I hope that helps

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi Mary Jean. good to hear from you again, even if your knee is still being a bit difficult!

I think it just takes time - lots of it! My 3-year old knee was nagging a bit last night, because I got into a position in bed that it didn't like. It soon stopped after I changed position.

I guess we have to expect a bit of complaining from our knees now and then. After all, they do have a pretty massive foreign body inside them!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the knee barometer. Though I was actually out snowblowing in 5 degrees (let's not even talk wind chill) and the new knee was ok. First time I haven't noticed a little bit of an ache after being out in the cold. Hoping that the "weather station" effect goes away for you guys too.
 
Hi @hopefaith, just checking on you and hoping things are okay. Glad you did make it through the holidays. It is tough when things are not the same when holiday time roles around. Hope you are able to see your little grandbaby. Yes with this up and down weather, my knee and whole body feels the perils. Hope you are doing okay otherwise. You are in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.
 
I miss our chats too. I am okay. I have been doing something similar to CBT, just a little different.
I think it helps some. My faith has been my rock during this depression.
My knee has been hurting in several places. I would have never thought I would still be icing 2times per day.
I need to walk and when I do, my knee swells. I hope the day comes where I am glad I had this surgery.
 
Hi @hopefaith, always glad to see you post. I too check your thread. You can tag your friends but not in a group. You can follow folks as @Nana moon 27 says as well. I do miss the old way of group tagging. Hope you are doing well and the depression eases up. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@hopefaith mine is getting better and better. I still get odd days where I've hurt or overdone it. At last it has started to feel more like a proper knee of late and as you know I never thought it would happen for me.

Hang on in there Mary Jean, your day will come too. It surely will xxxx

Lovely to hear from you
Love Ann xx
 
Hi @hopefaith I hope you are having some good days. I thought of you when Peyton lost.
He is so much better than that. I'm sure that was harder than your divorce & the holidays. :flwrysmile:
Ok maybe not but when the Packers lost today I about had a heart attack.
My knee loves the cold weather. I have been hiking 4 to 6 miles a day for awhile.
Getting out in the middle of no where seems to be my therapy for mind & body.
Even when we had -30 wind chill I was out there. Retirement has been fantastic so far.
Take care & I hope you continue to be strong.
 
I think I,would feel differently if my life hadn't blown up at the same time as my surgery. Life is not what I thought it would be for sure.
Feeling sad....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @hopefaith, hope your day gets better for you all around. Praying and hoping the best for you and that good things come your way. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I go back to my OS on Feb. 9th. I have been having new pain in my knee and more neuropathic pain on the outside. I had started walking a lot more and bam the thing doesn't perform....so bummed. My ROM was getting better, I was hardly ever thinking about my knee and now it is all back.
I would go back on pain meds. If I could.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom