Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hope your Easter is Sweet.
 
Great update, @Fit4Family ! Those are big improvements, not subtle at all. Particularly the bit about online shopping for summer clothes. I remember it was around this stage of recovery that I stopped feeling like an invalid and real life beckoned. And my computer ads stopped following me round the internet offering me disability aids.

Congratulations on shoe tying and cane walking, major milestones.

I know you are still on the walker, and Mojo333 is a bit busy, so I’ll venture to be the warning voice. Take it slow and stay out of the ODI club. I often say to myself “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” (And that mostly works, though I am paying a hopefully short visit there at the moment.)
 
Thank you for your words of encouragement @Klassy I know what you mean about the disability pop ups. It’s exciting to think I may actually recover some day!!

Good advise, I’m desperate to move more, but will continue to listen to OS. It’s gorgeous here today.
 
I ordered some summer tops as well and have a couple of new dresses. I might even wear one today! Most of my online gets left at the check out ~ there is no way I could afford all that I find and like. Even shoe shopping for Mojo filled a gap in my day and didn't cost me a penny!
:giggle:
 
:skep: keeping an eye out on you April Rainbows...:)
No straining at the reins now...
That light keeps getting brighter at the end of the recovery tunnel...can't have anyone tripping trying to get their quicker.

Want everyone to feel as great as I do today.
Easter two years ago, I was in a depressed state and weary of the neverending pain.
All well worth it.
:yes:
 
I wear Birkenstocks 90% of the time from when the snow melts until it flies. A tiny bit uncomfortable to break in the ridge at the base of the toes but then they kind of mold to your foot. Not bargain priced but worth every penny and are listed as orthopedic. For sandals just look for flats with a back strap. So far, all I can get on is flip flops
 
Great ideas @Carriemay60 Yes, I have elastic bands in trainers. Feet too swollen yet for anything else. Have my eyes on lots of cute sandals and dresses for July. It’s hot here throughout September so plenty of wear time.
 
All this talk of summer is really therapeutic. We have had the warmest and sunniest Easter that I can remember and I have enjoyed sitting outdoors soaking up the healing rays... I only wish I could sleep at night then I would feel much more like going for a little walk in the sunshine
 
A Belated Happy One Month Anniversary!

Shoes, shoes, shoes....so many shoes, so little time.
What women doesn't love shoes?!

Here is a thread from the Community/Social Room you may enjoy, if you haven't read it already -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/shoes-for-recovery.42383/

Best wishes for a great week as you continue on your healing journey!
@Fit4Family
 
Back
Top Bottom