THR hipster333 is in recovery<

Thank you all! @SaraK it’s like you read my mind. Just got home after 4 hrs. They’ve run every test except for ultrasound (which will be done tomorrow). Still in a lot of pain even after the morphine they gave me. :( Trying to sleep, but am overtired. Hope everyone else is doing ok!
 
Oh my @hipster333- so sorry you ended up in er. I hope they can figure it out with ultrasound. I assume they ruled out appendix or ovary issue? (I have had both and they were painful)

Hope you get some pain relief and answers.
 
Glad they got you some pain relief at least.
Guess they didn't feel the need to do an X-ray. The pain doesn't feel like the rib itself?
Good luck for ultrasound...and some answers.
We will be thinking of you :console2:
 
@MammaT appendix and ovaries ruled out. @Mojo333 dr felt my ribs and I didn’t feel extra pain in the ribs themselves when he was pushing. Maybe that’s why no ultrasound? No idea. Waiting in ultrasound now. I’ll keep you posted.
 
After another 7 hrs in the hospital and even more tests the only thing going on is that my dq levels are elevated (he says it could be just because of the surgery). Have an appt with nuclear medicine Monday morning for a chest X-ray and starting twice a day on blood thinners just in case there is a small clot. Percocet seems to be helping with some of the pain today. Yay!
 
Hi @hipster333
Great to hear they aren't finding anything serious. I'm sure they've ruled out the most serious possibilities first. It's good you're finally getting some pain relief. I hope you're able to rest comfortably. Please keep us posted.
Warmest wishes for a peaceful relaxing evening!
 
Goodness @hipster333, what a mystery. Glad things are ruled out and they are checking on possible clot to rule it out. Not a great way to spend a Saturday. Glad there is some pain relief. Just curious, what is a dq level?
 
@MammaT I'm so tired that I'm probable remembering the initials incorrectly. It started with a d an I think it was a q after :shrug:, but it was an indicator in the blood for a blood clot--the dr said the problem is that it can also show up as a positive after you've had major surgery--so it's inconclusive. The chest x-ray in nuclear medicine on Monday will show if there's actually anything there. For the time being I'll just be a good little patient and take my 5 mg eliquis twice a day and make sure I walk around every hour during the day (which I've been doing since day 2). I can only pray the pain goes away soon and that it's nothing.
@Layla and @Hippielife thank you--you guys have a great weekend too! :)
 
So whatever it’s called, it explains why they want to rule out a possible clot. Good that they are being so thorough. Hope rest of weekend is peaceful for you.
 
Holy ****! Here I am wallowing in my own self pity... and you're dealing with all of this? I'm so sorry! I'm so glad you're on top of this and taking action to see what's going on!
Thinking of you. (((((Hugs)))))
 
Hopefully all just extra cautionary measures and all is well.
This surgery can make you anxious when you get a garden variety headache.
Praying it is a something nothing.
Hope you're Sunday is peaceful.
 
@hipster333 OMG, I'm sorry my friend, I've not been on in a couple of days and just caught up with you.

Sending you you lots of love, hugs and prayers! :roseshwr::friends:

I'm glad you went to the hospital and listened to your body. At least, you're in the right place and they'll get you all taken care of. Keep up the positive attitude, We're all rooting for you.

I will be thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. :angel:
 
Stopping by to say Hi!
Hope the pain is easing and you're comfortable.
Please know we're here for you...Let us know how it goes to tomorrow.
Hope your day is peaceful!
@hipster333
 
Thinking of you! Hope they can figure out the rib pain source. It's frustrating I'm sure. Did they rule out gallbladder issues?
 
Hi everyone. Feeling a bit better today. I think it may actually be bowel issues--which would be much better than a blood clot! Now that things are moving better in that area the pain is receding. :yay: I will be going for the chest x-ray tomorrow just to make sure that there are no more serious issues. Thank you all for your msgs and prayers.
@Bumblebee they looked at all of the major organs yesterday in the ultrasound and my results came back as "unremarkable"--which for the first time ever I would say is a good thing. :heehee: The kids have been sticking to me like glue today since I think somehow they got it in their heads I was on death's door :dead:. Nope--they're stuck with me. Hip has been a trouper through all of this and the walking is coming along nicely.

@Mascaramom you have every right to whine and this is the place to do it. It can't be easy doing everything on your own right now--I don't know how you do it, Supermom!
@Layla you are always so sweet to check in on me!
@Mojo333 you are absolutely right about every little symptom seeming more serious after this surgery. I was being stupid in this case because I'd been in pain for almost two weeks and waited until I was doubled over in pain to go and see a doctor.
@AgilityDog I didn't know there was a blood test for the clots either, but I don't know why they even bothered in this case since you can get a positive result just from having had major surgery. :shrug:
@Mireille thanks for your hugs and prayers!

I'd better sign off--the kids are getting antsy--I should appreciate while they actually want to spend time with me (they are at that age)--mind you, it is making it hard to take a nap!:yawn:
I'll catch up with everyone when the kids are back in school and I have time to read through your threads (one of the highlights of my days). Have a great Sunday!:flwrysmile:
 
Oh @hipster333 so sorry you're going through a seemingly unrelated to surgery pain episode!
Since you said bowel issues may be a cause I'm relating this to the colic my horses have
occasionally suffered, and we all know poor babies who have suffered with colic. My sis suffered from similar after her joint replacements, just had difficulty getting things back optimum functionality after surgery.
Hopefully clotting issues are not the cause and your chest X-ray is fine tomorrow.
 
I hope your diagnosis is correct. Years ago I had problems with diverticulitis and it was very painful. Don’t have issues much since I straightened out eating habits (except for recent weeks!) and use probiotics on regular basis.

With surgery and pain meds it is not unusual for digestive track to be messed up.i still think you were wise to get it checked. And it is terrific your hip has behaved through all of this!
 
@hipster333 - I'm so sorry for all you've been through! Looks like things went south for you shortly after my last communication with you. Your last post suggests it may be bowel related... About 20 years ago, I woke up in the night with the most horrible pain - I woke my (then) husband and told him to take me to the hospital. Our boys were 'older' and we may have left them a note... he mentioned waking one up to tell them we were leaving. I resisted thinking I was most certainly dying and did not want to "say goodbye". (I suppose I thought I could will myself to live if it were see my kids). Who knows? Got to the ER.... had bloodwork, ultrasounds, x-rays - couple other tests. (gall bladder, etc) It had been the Sunday night after Mother's Day and I'd had a huge Sundae at Dairy Queen that evening. Evidently ice cream brings out the 'gall' in a 'bad' gall bladder.... but Nope... They finally determined I had a blockage - gave me an enema (and it was no wimpy prune bomb... this sucker was like a nuclear Kaboom cleaner... ) Let's just say I lived to see the light of day and probably went home the next day weighing 5 lbs. less than I'd come in. Guess I was just full of it. :rotfl:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom