THR hipster333 is in recovery<

My incision is really stinging this morning, three weeks after surgery. There is no redness or anything coming out of the incision. Just to look at it, it looks like everything is healing well. Is it normal to be stinging like this? Could it have something to do with the internal stitches?
 
Happy Tuesday, @hipster333
Try not to worry. Mine felt warm at times, other times it felt prickly, burning, stinging, zapping.
I think you'll notice a lot of those sensations and most are fleeting. Think of the healing going on there.
Poor leg cut open and healing like crazy. See if icing helps and if it doesn't...don't worry. I'm sure it will
disappear and you'll realize later.....Oh, yeah...it's gone!!
You're doing great, really you are! A flower for you :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Layla! Love my flower! I realized just after posting that it had been 6 hrs since I'd taken any kind of pain medication. So took 1/2 oxy and a 1.5 Tylenol. Hoping to drop oxy altogether today. Since everything else was feeling good I went for a walk and that helped distract me from the stinging. icing now and feeling much better. It's also amazing what a little :SUNsmile: can do for your disposition! Here's a flower for you for always helping us out. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you, you're very kind!
You're right about nature and sunshine, very soothing!
Bet that stinging will be gone soon and tomorrow it will feel prickly, or itchy :heehee:
This healing biz sure tests our patience at times...:gaah:
:friends:
 
We're still sleeping on the main floor, but checked the height on the toilet seat in our room and it's 18" so a little bit over standard. I'd like to leave my seat riser on the main floor (and it would be to high for that one) so ordered just some armrests to help me get up and down while maintaining my 90 degrees. Now that I can do stairs and once that is in we'll be set to move into our newly painted bedroom a week from Sat. The guys can finish painting the baseboards this weekend. Very excited about this--the side of the house we're on now has a lot more street noise. It will be 1 more step toward our new pain-free life. :happydance:Hope everyone is well. Took a pain med tonight so incision is stabbing me quite so much and sleep is settling in. Have a great night! :sleep:
 
@hipster333 Nice, new fresh paint is exciting! You'll be having some peaceful, pain free nights in no time How long do you have the 90 degree restriction? I'm sure once that's over you'll feel even better.
 
ah @AgilityDog you make me laugh! :rotfl:The surgeon did do a nice job with my incision and it is healing well. I was upset I had the staples and not the superglue, but it looks like it turned out ok. man those staples hurt some days! Mind you, my incision was stinging so much yesterday that I think that was worse. Happily things have settled down. :yes!:

@Mireille fresh paint is exciting! I can't wait to see everything come together! The ensuite colour is a bright lilac and much brighter than I expected, but I think once everything is in it will look good--plus it's a really small bathroom so could use some colour. The master is gray (hubby had accidentally painted it with the bathroom colour when I couldn't get upstairs and had to redo it---that's what happens when there's no supervision :heehee:)
My 90 degree restriction is for 6 weeks, but they recommend to be careful for the first three months. I've been so overprotective of that hip for so long now that it's second nature. It will be awesome when I don't have to worry about it!
 
So glad you are getting better, triple three.
Itchy equals healing, I should think in your case.
Less than a month out, and you are doing brilliantly.
By next summer I'm guessing that hip will be old news.
Aren't we lucky we can get back on life's track.
Keep it easy does it...hope today is great.
 
Happy Wednesday! @hipster333
Great looking incision, may cause some incision envy :heehee:
You may even give pink polka dot panties a run for the money :rotfl: See that one?

Hope your day is going well and you're soon sleeping comfortably in the pretty new painted room.
So fun to update!
Hugs :friends:
 
Thanks @Layla! Very happy with how my incision is coming along. I'll never be able to compete with pink polka dot panties. :rotfl:
The stinging has now stopped so that's one of today's reasons to celebrate! :yahoo:The other one is that I've only had to take regular Tylenol only once today and I'm feeling pretty great.
:happydance:​
We are celebrating my daughter's twelfth birthday. I don't know where the time has gone. She's definitely the light of my life. I was pregnant with her when I first started having problems with my hip--so it's been a long road to get where I am today. I'm just so thankful to be able to spend the next years in her life without the debilitating pain I was in. :loveshwr::yahoo::dancy::spin:
 
@hipster333 :yes!: I'm so happy you're having a great day! Those are the days when you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just imagine after you're completely recovered. :happydance:It's going to be great!

Your incision looks fantastic! @Layla is so right about incision envy :heehee:

Enjoy your daughter's special day! Time flies! Hugs! :flwrysmile:
 
@Mireille thank you. :loveshwr:I think my daughter had a lovely birthday and we had a really good time tonight. Just ordered in Chinese (which is her favourite) and had icecream cake (I would say it's going to go to my hips, but it might fall out the right side :rotfl:).

@Bumblebee I've been lucky and haven't had any numbness near the incision (of course there was log leg and foot that had no control from brain one night, but the incision has been fine.). It's the stinging that I thought was going to do me in yesterday :dead:I think you're right about the nerve regeneration. No stinging today--so it's a happy day!:yay: It's crazy how many different milestones and emotions we do through on this recovery journey. I'm definitely celebrating the good days! I hope you had a good day too!

Goodnight and a restful sleep to everyone!:sleep:
 
Just waiting for PT to come for my last in-house visit. I was really stupid this morning and went upstairs to get my daughter while using the operated foot as my lead foot. :gaah:I couldn't figure out why it was hurting so badly until I headed downstairs. Luckily, no harm done that a little ice won't solve. Will not be doing that again!Maybe I'm not ready to be going up and down stairs all the time.:hairpulling:
 
Back
Top Bottom