THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

I hope you get a restful night’s sleep on your lovely clean sheets.

I’m sorry to hear you still have high levels of pain. I hope it will ease soon. I’d be swearing and weeping buckets.

PS leave your moustache alone!

@SurreyGirl Ha ha!! That is a story! I think it was @Fairydell that had to set her hubby straight. I set mine straight a few years back and it was ugly. With all the talk lately about our spouses/caregivers I do mean to put some of experience in writing here as since that time, Peter & I have some great discussions about his feelings.

Hey @Carriemay60 :wave:
Clean sheets...the best!! :happydance:
I hope you sleep like a baby tonight.
Sweet dreams :yawn: :sleep:

This groin pain is really concerning me. Is it normal to really hurt? I could even feel it laying in bed where normally I am the most comfortable. I think I'm letting it get to me because I had such bad groin pain before the surgery.
For those of you that had surgery around the same time as me, how would you rate your overall pain?

This groin pain is really concerning me. Is it normal to really hurt? I could even feel it laying in bed where normally I am the most comfortable. I think I'm letting it get to me because I had such bad groin pain before the surgery.
For those of you that had surgery around the same time as me, how would you rate your overall pain?

Carriemay60- I think we had surgery same day and yes groin discomfort is more uncomfortable than hip! Runners stretch and rest really seems to help. Today the weather is rainy and cool so I’m having general arthritis achiness. I’ve rated my pain as a 1 or 2 but today might be a tad higher:(. Hang in there with me!

:shocked: I don't know what kind of runner's stretch you are referring to but I'm not sure any of them would be within my restrictions. We have very wet, rainy weather here today as well. I am due to get my staples out later this morning but might change it as I want to see a doctor at the same time about painkillers. @beachlily

@Carriemay60 , my surgery was one day before you. I am at less than one, most of the time. That being said, I have moments of a 2+ when I am really exerting myself. So I am avoiding exertion beyond walking and my PT.

I do have some minor groin pain this morning, which I can attribute to how much effort I am putting into keeping my pelvis aligned properly.

ETA I am avoiding stretching that involves rear movement of my surgical leg.

Hi @Carriemay60
I think groin pain can be part of the healing process, sadly.
Wondering if icing helps...Who does the staple removal?
If it's at your OS's office could you arrange for a prescription refill while there if you're needing one?
Wishing you comfort.

Hi Carrie, I had surgery around the same time as you and yes I get groin pain too, I was concerned but after a rest it seems to go off, still early days for us but seeing daily improvements , I also put an ice pack on my groin And that helps.

:shocked: I don't know what kind of runner's stretch you are referring to but I'm not sure any of them would be within my restrictions. We have very wet, rainy weather here today as well. I am due to get my staples out later this morning but might change it as I want to see a doctor at the same time about painkillers. @beachlily
I seen the nurse to get dressing checked last week and also asked for more pain killers but I was refused. Thankfully the pain is much more manageable this week and now only take parecetamol, I'm getting staples out tomorrow

@lotusbuds Thanks! I saw you had mentioned this somewhere last night and have been thinking about it. I also caught myself this morning twisting a bit as I got out of bed, so need to fix that quickly. The first day home my bed was far too high for me so now just has the mattress on the IKEA slats and I think it is too soft making it harder to shift and rotate as I get up and coming close to my 90 degree restriction once I am sitting on the edge of the bed. I'm going to ask the guys to put the firm mattress back underneath today when they wash my sheets (which they don't know they are doing yet :whistle:). To be honest, I think I should be walking a bit more, certainly a bit more than yesterday which was really quite sloth like. I will try to find a happy medium today. Our house is small and quite chopped up with doorways, etc. so hard to get a good stroll going but too wet to try outside today.
Hi, my house is small too so not much room for walking around comfortably, but I've done very little excerise since coming home and I still see huge improvements, so just take it at your own pace, like Layla says, hips heal with out the exercise, and they really do!! Hope your ok

Thank you for replying @Jaycey I have been limping and at times in a wheelchair for a solid 5 years. To say my op leg diameter is 2/3 the size of my good leg is being very generous and I could easily wear underwear 2 sizes smaller on the op side. What kind of stretches do you recommend? I really don't want to cross the line into doing too much or doing it wrong; I have waited too long to ruin this :)

I have this article telling me what NOT to attempt but can't find one with the suggestions for safe exercises
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/bonesmart-philosophy-for-sensible-post-op-therapy.37103/
I was told while I'm sitting or lying in bed to slide my leg up by the heel as far as is comfortable and hold for 5 then slide down again, then legs straight point feet in the air and push the back of your knee into the bed and squeeze your bum cheeks together for a count of 5, these really helped with tight thigh muscles and sore bottom, ice immediately afterwards. Hope they help.

Can you stand and just lean back a bit to stretch out groin?

21 staples out and steri strips on. Incision looks well healed and clean. Thankfully the tissue around the staples wasn't overly swollen so just a pinch bit of discomfort for most of them. One area where it was a bit more red looking hurt a bit more but over pretty quickly. I asked how many staples I had and was shocked as she counted past 10 and all the way to 21!! @Layla it was a nurse at my family doctor who removed them and I saw one of his residents for painkiller. (the residents are guided closely by the docs and go off to chat before finishing appt) Starting a slow weaning off the morphine this week and then see them again in a week. So far they seem tuned into the fact that I have been on heavy painkiller long term and say they keep my tolerance in mind.

Thank you all for answering about the groin pain. I didn't ask the resident about it because he looked like he was 12 and doubted he would know anything about it, let alone as much as I can learn on Bonesmart.
My son took me and when we got home, it seemed like hubby really missed me :):loveshwr:

Wonderful, @Carriemay60 Glad that is behind you! My bandage comes off on Wednesday so I will see how it looks then. I am weaning from Tramadol. Down to every six hours. I will still have acetaminophen.

i'm sure your husband was relieved when you were safely home again. Of course he missed you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MrsFeinbe
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom