THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

I, too, hate that there is a Take 2, in order.:sad:
No idea why the first one didn’t take so I want to make sure I wasn’t the issue. Plan to be on my walker much longer and may use crutches before I transition to a cane
Very likely nothing you did, but keeping this recovery Slow and Easy is an excellent strategy.
You've got this!!!:ok:
 
Last edited:
Hello @BigChief56

Saw you on the December surgeries. So sorry you have to go through another surgery to make your hip stable. Seems like we are going through very similar situation, My stem is very loose too, Surgery on 12/26.

Best wishes to you on the 31st. Fingers crossed it is an easy fix and your 2020 is uneventful hip wise.

:new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
Thanks @Fit4Family . Hope your surgery goes well and you have an uneventful recovery. Will be finishing up my pre-op appointments on Monday. Looks like i will getting a spinal for the anesthesia so that will be a bit different this time around.
 
Hello :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
All the best for your appt on Monday.
Wishing you comfort and a Merry Christmas as you wait out these days before surgery. Will be following your journey.
@BigChief56
 
Hello @BigChief56
I hope you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed.
You sure know how to start the year out with a bang. New year / new you, with a brand new hip. Congrats!

Wishing you all the best in 2020. Happy New Year!

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
 
Surgery went well. Plan to go home today. From what he could tell I had a hairline crack in the femur and he thinks that allowed the stem to keep moving so it never grew in. So he wired the hip to provide more support. He also ended up changing the cup since it wasn't working well for how he wanted the repair to go. Since the stem was so loose it came out easily. My hip already feels better and my leg alignment and length are much improved. Will update again in a day or so after I see how it is going once the surgical drugs wear off. I really appreciated all of the prayers, I believe those helped. Happy New Year!
 
I was thinking about you this morning @BigChief56 Really glad you can feel a difference already.

Hoping you have a smooth trip home today. Rest and familiar surroundings will help you recover. Prayers continue that your stability gradually improves every day. :SUNsmile: Take care.
 
Glad to hear all went well and the stem was easy to remove. It sounds like all is in place for for success. It’s wonderful you can go home today, in comfortable surroundings, to rest and heal.
 
Well all is going well. Hip is very sore so I think all of the hospital drugs have worn off. Pain seems to be more muscular rather than bone which makes sense since there wasn’t as much trauma to the bone this time around. Sleeping on my back is a challenge as it was last time so i need to get used to that again also. He did need to cut into one of my hip muscles as is was very tight so that area is very sore. Interestingly this is the same place that caused me a problem last year and we never figured out what it was. Have my initial PT appointment this afternoon and plan to take it easy after that. Thanks for all of the well wishes.
 
Hello :wave: Happy Thursday to you!
Please take it easy in PT. Can't you just stay home instead? Cozy up in a comfy spot with lots of pillows and a good book, or movie, and take a few naps? :heehee: Hate to think of you going through the rigors of PT so soon. I hope it's an easy peasy session and that you don't push yourself to do anything that hurts. Wishing you comfort as you begin the journey once again.:walking:
@BigChief56
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom