THR Hip Pain 1 Year After THR

Stopping by to say :hi: and wish you a Happy Two Month Anniversary! I hope you’re doing well.
Have a great week!
@BigChief56
 
Thanks @Layla . Seems to be going well. Have some tendon pain (I think) in the front of the thigh that flares up when i push my leg on walks or strength training. I'm not entirely sure how far into my femur the stem goes so it could be pain associated with the implant...just not sure but on my list of questions when i see the surgeon. With my hip feeling better and getting more exercise my left knee (same side as recent hip surgery) is starting to get very angry and is quite sore. I see the surgeon again at the end of the month and i am checking to see if i can get a synthetic injection to buy me some time on that replacement. I am hoping to push it off until next year, but unless something changes, i may have to do it later this year (then i guess i'll get flipped to a different forum). All in all the hip feels good and i am almost limp free (when the knee cooperates) so that is a big plus for me. Thanks for checking on me and i hope you have a great week also!
 
All in all the hip feels good and i am almost limp free (when the knee cooperates) so that is a big plus for me.

Glad to hear from you and hope you continue to do well. Good luck with treating your knee.

You are a month ahead of me, and I can imagine things may still be strengthening/adjusting.
 
Thanks for the update! It’s nice to hear from you. I’m sorry to read that your knee is bothering you. I hope that eases as you continue to heal and grow stronger. Let us know how your appointment goes at the end of the month. Wishing you all things good until we hear from you again. :)
@BigChief56
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I am wondering how your appointment went with your OS? Hopefully it wasn’t cancelled due to the COVID pandemic and it went well.
With any luck your knee is doing better also.:fingersx:
Please take care in these days of uncertainty that we’re all navigating together. Stay safe and well!
@BigChief56
 
Thanks @Layla . I haven’t been able to get in to the surgeon yet for the 3 month follow up. Had 2 appointments both were cancelled so i made the third appointment for Jun...hope that holds. Hip continues to improve. Working on later mobility as that is lagging. Knee is still problematic at times. I am using Aspercreme to help, especially at night so i can sleep. Hope all is well with you and i know we’ll get past this pandemic. Stay safe.
 
@BigChief56 maybe try one of those elastic knee bands if you can get your hands on one. They just slide up your leg, cost about $5. I had major issues with my knee before surgery and that seemed to provide some relief.
 
Good idea @Elf1 I was taught that using something with a light compression is very helpful, it helps to keep the tendons,ligaments warm and supple.
@BigChief56 I am sorry that your appointments are getting pushed back, it seems to be the normal route for now.

At 3 months, you would possibly benefit from some easy massage on that knee, there are so many muscles that attach around it that can benefit. An easy way to get those areas addressed is to use a soft ball and roll it all around that knee and lower thigh. Not a stiff, harsh ball like a lacrosse ball! Something squishy like one of those acu-pressure balls made of moderately stiff rubber with little pointy nubs on it.
My other favorite is a rolling pin to gently GENTLY roll around the muscles in and around the knee.

I did this alot for myself, and it definitely helped to ease some of that achiness/tightness. Especially to help me sleep easier.

here's an example, [Bonesmart.org] Hip Pain 1 Year After THR
[Bonesmart.org] Hip Pain 1 Year After THR or this.

I hope this helps!!
 
Fingers crossed you‘re able to keep your June appointment. I suppose once the world is up and running again, everything will be back logged.

I’m glad the Aspercreme is helping you get some sleep. Hopefully the pain in your knee eases with time. Thanks for checking in and updating. It was nice to hear from you.
Stay safe and well!
@BigChief56
 
Thanks all, I’ll give those a try. Unfortunately the only thing that will take care of the pain completely is my next operation for a knee replacement. I could do it this year but just wanted to take a year off before another surgery. Enjoy your weekend. @Layla @CricketHip @Elf1
 
Thinking of you @BigChief56 Hoping you get relief from your knee pain. I didn’t have my 3 month follow up either. :fingersx: Probably a good idea to schedule something in June. Stay safe.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you’re enjoying steady progress after your revision. With any luck, your knee isn’t making each day miserable. Stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.
All the best to you! :SUNsmile:
@BigChief56
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom