Day 19: Well things continue to progress well. Totally on my own walking now. Gait is still stiff and some pain around the incision area, but otherwise doing well. Or so I thought. Decided to a 1 mile walk around the neighborhood. While I made it, I had not appreciated how much atrophy there was. By the end my quad was trembling and my knee hurt. I toughed it out, but wow, I still have work ahead of me. Good lesson to learn. I’m going to do some work on our treadmill in shorter bursts to build up strength. Anyway, I survived.
The walk aside, I am sleeping better and only taking one 500mg Tylenol every 4 hours or so. Sitting in chairs remains a pain but that is the only real thing that bothers me. Till next time!
The walk aside, I am sleeping better and only taking one 500mg Tylenol every 4 hours or so. Sitting in chairs remains a pain but that is the only real thing that bothers me. Till next time!
United States





Whew!
Not even kidding...happy tears of course. I'll bet you wanted to do it over again as a test to make sure it really didn't hurt. I know I did.