Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9 maaaan, if it's not one thing it's another! I sure hope you are feeling more digestively settled now :) i hug you from afar so I don't catch it too :lol:
Nice man to offer the loan of his walker. And SUPER nice @Suzette offering to come help. She means it, you know-- and it would make the rest of us feel that we had in some way helped too if you took her up on it!
Murphy's law has a huge appendix dealing with autism/Asperger's. Just when something good happens (and way to go daughter btw with all she did!!!) something will come along to try to spoil your enjoyment.
Thinking of you often!!! (((((Kay)))))))


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
:heehee: @DeepBreath "cyber side eye"...that cracked me up!:snork: Ive never heard that expression before, but I like it.

Yep @zauberflöte , Murphys Law...tell me about it!:nah:. Today my Daughter has flat out REFUSED to help me in any way because Mum went back home on Sunday. I dont really get her logic ( she wanted Mum to go?:what:) but she said if I needed help, Mum shouldve stayed! I think shes just having a funny day, hopefully she will be back on board a bit more tomorrow.

@Legin shame on you scaring the poor trick or treaters!:yikes: :heehee:

@Suzette, thankyou thankyou thankyou. And again, thankyou. I really do believe that you would come visit me, and that means so much! You are a very kind considerate person and Im glad everyone here can see that:flwrysmile:

Im actually doing ok:). Stomach bug is gone. Plus, I dont NEED the walker after all because Im now off the crutches and on two sticks. Almost on one stick:yay:

I walked half way down to the chickens this afternoon. Its about a 5 minute round trip but took me about 10:sigh: But Im getting there. Maybe tomorrow I will go ALL the way to the chickens!:wow: :bored:. Once Ive mastered the walk to the chickens, its only the same distance again to carry on to the pub:dancy::beer:. By my reckoning, I will be making it to the pub by Friday. Result :thumb:
Apparently, Im very missed in the village pub.:chinstroke:. I dont know what they are insinuating:martini:

Im feeling much more positive that Im going to recover ok. Ive done a bit of housework ( not too much,just enough to feel Ive achieved something) put some washing away, popped into my next door neighbours for a coffee and to catch up on village gossip ( not that its juicy... farmer 1s sheep, 130 of them, got out again and caused chaos and had to be herded through the village by tractors....farmer 2s barn was broken into and someone stole loads of bales of Hay...Hunting season has started....a dog walker was chased by cows...that kind of thing.:zzz: )

Im having my staples out on Thursday. Does it hurt? Im slightly wary because my wound is still very sore, just lightly touching it hurts. I expect it will feel better once theyre out though?

Im having an early night tonight, hopefully. Im pretty worn out but Ive achieved a lot today I think. Cautiously optimistic that Ive turned a corner:yes:


Edited to add, I can see a postscript at the bottom of my posts that say the date of my operations, but the dates are wrong..I dont know how to change it to THR 15th June 15, THR 21st October 15. How do I do that?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It pulls a tad at most and ya know us men are scaredy cats. It felt wayyy better tho. Ya know why nae gossip speedy Gonzalez is laid up.
Daughter sees you more mobile ish. Mobile mum does things end of

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Kay9 you are on the mend as you mentioned pub. Always a good sign, make sure you rest up after your busy day today, and keep improving and slowly does it.

I have vivid images of your gossip, farmers, sheep, tractors, cows...love it.

And yes I do mean it x x
 
Thanks @Legin thats reassuring:thumb: im expecting it to be slightly sore, I just dont want it to start bleeding again and not stop for days:nah:. Sure it will be a relief to have them gone though:yes:

Speedy Gonzalez is one thing Im not at the moment, I was over-taken by the oldest lady here walking her Dachshund. His legs were about an inch long.:heehee:
 
:thankyou: @Suzette. I really know you mean it :roseshwr:

Living here is like being an extra in The Vicar of Dibley. Honestly . All those characters are here, we even have a mad Woman Vicar. But "wild" its not. Funny, comical and bizarre, yes but wild? No. Booooring YES,! :bored:

This is a true story, we have a Village News Letter every 2 weeks, just parish stuff, church flower rota, raffle winner at pub etc. The BIG news in last weeks issue was a lost lighter. Seriously. Apparently at the Harvest Festival lunch someone lost a zippo lighter that had their initials engraved on it. :thud:

Wouldnt surprise me if there was a reward. box of matches or a bag of Cooking Apples.
 
Ok quick question for anyone. The hospital sent me the staple remover to take to the surgery to have them removed on Thurs.
As I have the remover thingy, would I be able to do it myself? Is it easy? If I can do it myself it saves me the hassle of trying to sort out a lift.
 
@Kay9 you sound worlds better!! Take care and move slowly forward.
Walking to the chickens, yep I get that! Pub has benches to test on!! R E S T rest I mean.
Legin's right-- you are mobile so you're good to be in charge again, daughter figures all normal.
For you, bring on good days!!! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Nooo don't remove them yourself. Pls get the nurse in she will chk all is OK as well

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Kay9
Just doing a catch up. Your posts really get different emotions across! The dachsund with one inch legs walking faster than you made me laugh out loud and the pub supplying a frame - like it should be! Your mum and sister should be shown a youtube video of your op - you are so lazy 1-2 weeks after having your leg cut open, bone sawn then vomiting bug etc. and there you are lazing around making a fuss. You really should try harder!!
Look after yourself and don't do anything to get in the village newsletter.
 
would I be able to do it myself? Is it easy?
Quick answer to both questions is no! You need someone to look at that wound - especially with all the problems you had just post op. It's easy for a nurse/health professional to remove staples, but I can't imagine doing this yourself.
 
@Kay9 Please don't do it yourself!! I am not squeamish ie I took out a canula myself when it was accidentally left in my arm at discharge. But the stitches are another matter
1. There is not easy access and view to the wound.
2. Some of my stitches taken out made me flinch. Problematic if DIY?
3. Need an assessment of what is going on incision wise.

I remember "grumpy jo" planning to do it himself - could look at his thread re out come.
Look after yourself x
 
Hi all, thanks for the advice about the staples. :) I wont do it myself ( although I must admit Im tempted..how hard can it be?) but I think it would be a good idea to have the wound checked anyway, seeing as Ive had a lot of problems with it.

Im taking it a little easier today, I think I got a bit ahead of myself yesterday. I am going to try the chicken walk ( not literally :chuckmarch:) at some point though today. Im going ever so slightly stir crazy stuck in here all the time. Its not a very nice day but I dont mind walking in the rain .

My Daughter has made me a cup of tea, brought me ice and did the dishes, so shes done more than she did yesterday, but I think she thinks Im " healed" now, because Im walking more and doing more stuff.

Mum just rang me and said did I notice the poppy seeds she left for me on the kitchen table, because they need to be put in the garden. :flabber: Does she think Im up to gardening already!

Im on one stick around the house now :old: ( I need a shave there lol) but will use two when I go for my walk later.

Battle of the Ipad is about to kick off:arrow: so Im giving it up without a fight. What a coward:scary:
 
@zauberflöte yep I think both you and @Legin have hit the nail right on the head...my Daughter has decided that seeing as Im mobile and doing stuff, thats it...Im recovered! I wish I was...Im sick of being trapped!

@copsham haha I was in the newsletter once, when I caught 2 horses that had escaped. Thats all it takes..:snork:
 
Chortle, speedy with one foot on each horse stops on village crocket lawn. Ooooops. Chortle

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Haha @Legin, I didnt quite do it like that, but wish I did...sounds fun!:snork:

Well Im a bit pleased with myself:yes:. I walked to the chickens with ONE stick :happydance: I took them both just incase but just carried one, didn't need to use it at all. Since I got back Ive pottered around inside with NO sticks. :). I even reckon I could slowly and carefully walk outside with no sticks too, but Im not even going to attempt it yet.

Maybe this recovery isn't going to be so bad after all. Will not rush it too much though. Slowly slowly catchee monkey. Or Horse, @Legin :horseriding:.
 
Maybe this recovery isn't going to be so bad after all. Will not rush it too much though.
Good strategy! Sounds like you are getting control after all the chaos. Well done! Still very early days. Easy does it!
 
Thanks @Jaycey , yep I will take it easy, one tentative step at a time. I do feel as if suddenly things are on the up though:thumb:
Thanks for all the support, advice and encouragement youve given me, I dont know where I would've been without it. Actually, I dont know where I wouldve been without BoneSmart in general, and all its incredible members. How does anyone get through this without having the extensive knowledge, support and friendship on offer? I know I would have been worried sick going through this alone, doing all the wrong things probably and making recovery that much harder.

There are so many amazing people on here. All with their own problems/recoveries, yet giving time to cheer-lead other people. Its one thing Im sorry I cant do much of, due to always only popping on the ipad for stretches of ten minutes or so at a time, so Im always seeming to log on, quickly post, then log off again. I wish I had the time to visit all the threads of my hippy friends, and give them back what they give me. I dont even know if some of you even realise what youve done for me? Do you know what...Im going to give a shout out to some of you who have, I think, been instrumental in getting me through my operations. Just so you know, it hasn't gone un-noticed.
Jaycey and @Josephine, you have been rocks. You DO rock:bow: As do, @zauberflöte , @Legin , @Suzette , @DeepBreath , @Constanze , @craftdee , @Hoppy Nanny , @Hip Hip Hooray! , @CricketHip , @copsham annnnnddddd Im already being rushed off here so anyone Ive not thanked, I will be back, as Arnie said:hugzz::roseshwr:

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:
 
So nice to know we've helped you. I shall tell the boss, it will make his day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom