Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kay 9


So sorry to hear about your setback and hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible. it's time for your surgeon to pay a visit and do something about it. Big hugs Kay9 :console2:

Billy
 
Yes it could be then again it could be a mouse but then again it could be a bird but then again they fly !!!!!
 
More likely a squirrel or worse, a raccoon. But neither is as bad as a rat. We tend to get mice in our walls. One son (the autistic one!) spent a whole winter listening to mice in the wall right st the head of his top bunk bed. It didn't bother him!!
Keep us posted, but srsly, @Kay9 , didn't we forbid you ladders???? Just forget about it till tomorrow!! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Don't think I have ever seen a raccoon in Scotland Squirrel maybe.

Are you ok Kay9

Billy
 
@Kay9, thanks for your support about my dolls, even though you're not a fan of them. You are so funny and a breath of fresh air that I think I will make some red, high heel shoes for one of my dolls who is a fashionista. :snork: As for your ceiling, I also hope it's a bird. I have birds who have made a nest between the chimney and the west wall of my bedroom. The nest is located just above the window, and the little birds are always flying in and out of their home. My gray cat, Merlin, loves to sit at the window and watch the birds. Yes, birds are always better than rats to have living in one's ceiling or chimney!! Keep on with your great recovery!
 
Ive come back into the bedroom now. I cant hear anything at the moment. If I hear it again Im sleeping in the lounge!

@forbesy , I did think squirrel...I dont mind them so much ( even though theyre just rats with back-combed, teased tails) so Ive convinced myself its either a bird or a squirrel. But a bit of my mind keeps shouting RAT:sorry:

@zauberflöte I dont think we have Racoons in the cotswolds, but if we did Id quite like that I think. Arnt they cute or something? Or am I thinking of something else?:what:.
It might be a rat.:boohoo:. We do have a lot of field mice here, but I dont think they get up in attics. I do have Swallows nesting in under a corner of the roof every summer but I think they're usually gone by now?
Ooh maybe its a pigeon?:unsure: Do foxes climb into roofs? Dont Rats usually live in drains, they dont go "upstairs" do they?


@HipSurprise ...I hope its not one of your dolls:scare:. Although Id prefer dolls to rats. Marginally:heehee:. Id love you to give a doll red high heels:thumb:.

Im a bit afraid to put the light out now, because I might hear the noise again.:sad:. I know theres no logic to that, but Im also slightly scared of the dark too:dubious: So in my mind, the dark makes hearing stuff more likely. What a total wuss I am. I think nothing of dealing with large aggressive dogs at work but Im scared of clowns, dolls, the dark, moths, rats and cock-chafers. Especially the male ones. ( anyone who doesn't know what that is, google it, theyre horrible, get them here every May and June. :shocked: Eewwwwww.)

Anyway, all,quiet so far. Maybe whatever it is has got tangled up in the xmas decorations up there! Oh now Im going to worry about the poor whatever it is tangled up and slowly starving to death:sorry:. Why did I say that!

I might have to ring a neighbour to go look. That'll go down well. Not.
 
Ive just got a broom and banged all over the ceiling. Nothing. No noise. Its either asleep, gone, or dead in the tinsel.

Going to turn everything off now, eeeekkkkk. I must be brave.
 
Ok its 5.35am here and Ive been woken by " THE NOISE"..:scaredycat:. Obviously survived the tinsel.
So I crept into my Daughters room to nick the IPad so I could call on you all for help:sos:. She was fast asleep yet opened her eyes and said "whatareyoudoingIwanttheIpad".:flabber:

Anyway, Im led in bed with the stolen IPad listening for the noise but its stopped. Ive got my grabber on the bed next to me, so Im fully armed incase whatever it is appears in my room. (What do I think Im going to do if I see it, Grab It? :what: )

Im so tired:yawn:.
 
Has it gone? It must be a bird...If it keeps coming and going , maybe.?....how do rats get up there...I need to know now...hope you are ok x
 
@forbesy and @Legin haha I think the lesser spotted haggis is native to Bonny Scotland...and even then, I hear the lesser spotted variety are much rarer than the common spotted variety. :chuck: :).

@Suzette well whatever it was has gone. For now. Of course, I might not have heard it yet because Ive only just come to bed....it might be lurking. Waiting.:shocked:

Ive just about managed to convince myself its not rats. i refuse to let it be rats. Ive decided its either a pretty bird or something cute and soft and fluffy and preferably pink:loveshwr:. Definitely not a rat.

Ive had another good day today, am walking almost normally without a limp, just a very slight limp if Im walking with no sticks. Very minimal pain, just a slight ache now and then and a bit of soreness on the incision. Swellings gone right down, and Im able to wear my jeans ( Ive been wearing sweat pants or palazzo pants) so its good to just wear my normal clothes again. No heels yet though:no-fin:

Pub lunch tomorrow with friends and my Daughter.

Im finding not driving increasingly hard because I feel trapped here. Can I ask how long you all waited before driving? I know with the last hip I was driving at 3 weeks, but its an automatic car and that was with my left leg operated on, so I didnt need to use it. This time I would obviously need to use the leg. I feel I could do it now to be honest. But I have to keep telling myself Im only 17 days out from the op, it feels a lot longer because I feel quite good. My Surgeon didnt mention driving ( well lets be honest, my Surgeon didn't mention anything about anything did he! Tut.) How much longer should I wait, realistically?
 
Think yourself lucky not to live in Queensland. ...noises in the roof would be rats at best!:yikes: Possums, likely.....they love to gallop at speed across tin rooves in the small hours or, worst case scenario a 3m python waiting for the rats and possums !:bolt:
 
@Tiffany57 ooooh I can't even think about that..Are possums the ones with the pointy faces and big teeth??

@Kay9 I was told I could drive as long as I could do an emergency stop. So I drove round the block a bit practising the accelerator and brake to see how the hip felt, then did a stop to see how that felt...it all felt funny to start with, but it was ok after a few practises and also getting the seat/cushions in the right place.

It's great things are improving so well after the right horrible mess in that care hospital place. Trouble is then , you won't feel like complaining about the treatment there, as it seems so long ago now.

Keep improving and hopefully the pink thing up the loft has gone xx
 
Oooh @Tiffany57 I love snakes though! I was a magicians assistant for a while in the late 70s and he had a snake. Im not sure it was a Python though? Possum Im probably not so keen on....not that Ive ever seen one:). Arnt they just cute and cuddly things?:unsure:. Or am I thinking of Koala bears?

My oldest friend now lives in Melbourne, shes forever asking me to go over for a visit, but Im wary because Ive heard there are deadly Spiders everywhere!:yikes::spider:
 
:wave:Cross posting then @Suzette , glad Im not the only one whose not sure what a Possum looks like:heehee:.

Maybe I,ll try a few emergency stops just on my driveway tomorrow, see how it feels. I think the issue might be the angle of the seat, so will have to try sort that out first. Im SO desperate to drive!:sigh: I feel like my legs have been chopped off!
 
Oh @Suzette I think I HAVE to still complain though, otherwise nothing there will change?:sad: I know what you mean though...I kind of just want to forget it and get on with my life, Ive got other more important stuff Im dealing with, with my Daughter ( fighting for help for/with her) with my other Daughter ( long story but at the moment shes not speaking to anyone in the family...so we dont get to see my Grandson:boohoo:) and I have to go to court in the next week to finally, hopefully, see my "stalker" stopped from harassing me after 4 years of it. So lots going on...but I know if I dont take it further, Someone else will be being treated the same way. So I will do it, eventually. Few more weeks maybe:thumb:
 
Oh my wordy...I was going to ask about your grandson....so sorry about that situation. And a stalker too. Terrible. I cant even imagine the stresses all that causes on top of trying to get that help you need for your daughter. Honestly I know how that can be, so hard and its all about cut backs and budgets and all the financial stuff that should not be part of the equation ...but it always is.

You are right to carry on with the complaint so it does not happen to anyone else. But only when you get the rest out of the way and you are up for it mentally.

I wish you all the luck and love with it all....and why are we awake at 2 am !!
 
@Kay9 possums are MEAN, ugly, aggressive, and have needly teeth, too many of them. Raccoons are indeed cute until they come in through your cat door, raid the pantry, go back to the bedrooms and open desk drawers and dump out fish food, and continue on to chew on a yellow pencil and WRITE ON THE RUG with a yellow marker!!!!!!! This happened to my house and cat sitter one summer.


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom