THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9, what a sweet shout out. :) Thank you. It's been a pleasure getting to 'know' you. I am SO glad, after your very rough start, that you are feeling a positive up turn in your recovery. That's wonderful. :flwrysmile:
 
Aw @Kay9 what a fun sweet shoutout! I'm honored you value my meanderings :)
You sound very very good, careful chicken walk and all. Just promise us you will ALWAYS keep you house key on a ribbon round your neck ;)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Just realised that you had a pic now both of you your pics equal your sparkling personalities

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9 , Many thanks for your nice shout. I liked your report on the place where you live - the newsletter and all that - hilarious. And your description of the "chicken walk" very humorous. What's the name of the place you live. I may have been there before. As I once reported, I was in Bath for 6 months in 1977/78 and did a lot of round tours - I saw all kinds of places. I also joined the walking group of Bath university. My walks included an Exmoor walk and a Dorset walk. Had the time of my life.
Your new photo (avatar) is very nice - pretty smile, very cheerful, and you look young.
Carry on with your "road ahead" - you're on the right track. Best wishes - Constanze
 
@Suzette, I love your Pic too! And trust me, you wouldnt want my hair, its been the bane of my life, its unruly and wont do what its told . I love that you have pink hair :snork:, I did too some years ago, and a kind of pale purple colour at one point. Your hat is lush, It really suits you!:thumb:
@DeepBreath , its been a pleasure getting to know you too:). Yep, I think Im on the road to recovery:yes!:

@zauberflöte :heehee: The pub now has a spare key to my house locked in their safe, so I wont be having to climb through a window weeks after hip replacement ever again! I will definitely lose my keys again, its what I do :umm:, but at least I know I can get help this time.:thumb: Yep I do value your meanderings.

Aww thanks @Legin . I must admit Im already missing my Red Shoes pic though, so might change it back. Whats not to love about red high heeled shoes, after all. :yay:

Hi @Constanze , Bath is an amazing city isnt it? I love it there, with all the street entertainers and mix of people. Very vibrant.
I live in Broadwell in The Cotswolds. Bit like Emmerdale Farm ( for those who watch soaps in the uk :yes:) but with much less drama and excitement !

Thankyou for the lovely compliment about the pic, you are too kind. It was taken about 10 months ago so I do look older now, plus the lighting was good:snork:.

Well, Ive been out shopping today:dancy:. I took two sticks and my sister brought Mums wheelchair incase I needed it ( I did towards the end of the afternoon) and it was SO lovely to be out. BUT I know Ive overdone it. Im icing and elevating at the moment and counting down the minutes until I can take some pain meds, so Im pretty uncomfortable right now. But I bought necessities like Hair dye, eyelash curlers and lipstick:loll:So it was worth it. If I suffer tomorrow its my own fault. So so good to leave the village though!

Staples out tomorrow, I just remembered! :scratch:. Hope Im not too sore.

25 mins to go before I can take my tablets....tick tock...I might have to cheat and take them early.:dubious:
 
Sheeesh, you don't stand still do ya. Prefer pic of you to shoes but then i don't suit heels

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So glad to hear that you are doing well. I didn't realize that you had locked yourself out of the house after your first hip. So did I! It was only a week or two after bilateral surgery, and I had to gingerly climb in the window. Oops. My neighbor was watching me from across the street. (She's the one who drove me to the hospital.)

Hope all goes well having your stitches taken out tomorrow. Take care of yourself...
 
@Kay9 I just got home today and am just now catching up on threads I missed while in rehab. So happy to hear how things are looking up for you! Amazing after all you have been through but it appears recovery is now going in the right direction. Hope all goes well getting your staples out tomorrow. Happy thoughts and best wishes sent your way.
:flwrysmile:
 
Hello @Kay9. Good luck with having the stitches taken out.

Yes, indeed, I've been to the Cotswold Villages before. Our landlord from Bath often took my flatmate and me on tours in his transporter. One of the trips took us to the Cotswold villages. I remember snuggly old houses in beautiful traditional architecture.
Best wishes - Constanze
 
@Kay9 Lovely picture! You look like you would be a fun friend to go get into mischief with. :angel:

It's so uplifting to hear you rebounding and feeling better with each passing day.
 
Well are you stitchless?
I read posts and I had a pick in head of you with the other buds here. Omg why am I hearing sirens........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm new here, having had my broken right hip replaced with a shiny new one on Oct. 8. Just got through reading your entire thread and went from extreme anger to much more calm emotion. Thank goodness you had/have the support of wonderful people here as you were dealing with the atrocious treatment you had in the "care" facility. Good to know you're home and doing much better! From your picture, you do look lovely and like someone who likes to have fun! Good wishes to you on your continued healing and I hope you can enjoy the pub, soon! BTW, read an article in a magazine sponsored by the AARP that says drinking beer can help our bones. Maybe we should all have a pint once we're off our pain meds!!
 
@Hip Hip Hooray! We have more in common than pretendy hips then :snork:, we are both window-climbers! Its a pretty good test for our hips to be honest, lol, all restrictions broken yet they held up just fine!

@Hipster Girl thanks :flwrysmile: Yep Im definitely going in the right direction now, and I hope your recovery is swift and heading in the right direction too . Lots of love and luck.

@Constanze snuggly houses are a trademark of these villages I think:yes:, those and thatched cottages or huge big mansion houses. Mines the snuggly variety, I aspire to Mansion living but it just aint happening .:cool::wink:
Its a lovely part of the world but just a bit too quiet sometimes:bored:


@CricketHip :heehee: You look a bit mischievous too, and fun!:snork: I think we could cause a bit of trouble:thumb: Oh lets!!:snork: What a shame you dont live here, I could use a partner in crime to cause chaos:happydance:

Hey @Legin, I am staple-free:yay:. Bit of a non-event really, just pinched a bit, but its feels so much better! There was one staple that wouldnt come out, I said to the nurse its like putting together flat pack Ikea furniture, theres always one rouge screw that causes a problem. Ok my fonts just gone bold all on its own:unsure:. Weird.
No sirens though legin:wink:

Hi @HipSurprise :) Thanks for your post. Yep its been a journey, thats for sure, but Im doing good now:thumb:
I had a look at your thread, no wonder your name is hip surprise! What a shock for you! I hope youre recovering ok?
Yep this place is flippin amazing, full of :angel:....and a few devils, :snork: but in a fun way:good-bad:.
Thanks for your kind words about my photo, and yes I do like a bit of fun:heehee:. Im guessing thats not you in your avatar pic?:giggle:

You sound like my kinda person....beer good for the bones and having a pint:thumb::cheers:. Tell me where and when and I will join you.

Well my hippy friends, im feeling very good today. I thought I might be suffering after my shopping trip yesterday bit nope, im great!:yes: Went out for lunch after the docs then went with my friend to look for a new sofa for her. Am managing on one stick!:yes!: Feeling pretty good about this recovery now, I think it might even be faster than the last one eventually, after the troublesome start. Off to pub with another friend tomorrow for lunch, she wanted to pick me up but I want to walk down, will take 2 sticks though cuz its wet and a bit slippery. Might get a lift back up cuz its a bit hilly, but will see how it goes.

Hope everyone is well and happy:flwrysmile:

 
Hi @Kay9 I am well impressed by your amazing recovery after such a difficult start.You look and sound great.Is is great to be rid of those staples as they start to tug after a while.Enjoy your pub lunch tomorrow but take care as those wet leaves can be slippery.
 
Hi @Kim22 :wave: Thanks, yes I will be extra careful walking down in the wet, that was what made me stop the first time i went out, because one of my sticks slipped, gave me a bit of a jolt:nah:.

Its amazing how much better it feels without the staples in isnt it. Hope your doing ok too?:flwrysmile:
 
@Kay9, I'm glad you're continuing to make progress and are rid of the staples! Do be careful on the slippery sidewalks! As for my avatar picture, it is of my look alike American Girl doll. Yes, I'm 57 and I still play with dolls. :roseshwr: Since I have the mental disorders, I don't care if people call me a crazy doll lady. I'll post more in my recovery thread, sure don't want to hijack yours!
 
Sheeeeeeeesh what are you like. You are one of the most determined people I have met, tad like me really as you don't really see problems as problems just means you have to do or act in a different way to achieve the goal. Yaaaay on getting out and about, or apubout. Me thinks your sociable gene has been locked upntoo long for you. Have a grand weekend

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Look at you go, gorgeous @Kay9 !
I'm 6 days behind you, mine was on October 27th and reading your post op thread had me literally cringing!
I'm so thrilled to read your progress since getting away from that dreadful 'hospital'. You're an inspiration when I'm having a tough day :flwrysmile:
 
Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself, Kay. You sound so much better. I didn't have staples, (my surgeon used glue,) but I can imagine that it's a relief to have those stitches removed. Things should just keep improving.
 
@HipSurprise , there are worse things a person can be called than Crazy Doll Lady:yes: In fact I think it sounds pretty cool,:thumb: so dont let them bother you. I will admit to being slightly freaked out by dolls though, although they aren't as sinister as clowns:yikes:, and I wouldnt watch a horror movie on my own with a doll:bolt:But thats just me, :snork:, we each have our own ways. I read some of what you've gone through health-wise and I think your pretty amazing:flwrysmile: You must be very strong and determined and I take my hat off to you. I hope life in general gets easier for you.

@Legin :) Confucius say " She who stands still and doesnt strive to go forward will never wear red heels again and make the pub before closing":happydance:

Yes I think you and me are very alike legin. Do we have the same taste in clothes though, thats the interesting question:heehee: if so, Ive got a nice little black sequinned number you might want to borrow.:hugzz:

@Tiffany57 , what a lovely post, thankyou! :) But my posts must have had you wondering what you were letting yourself in for, 6 days later:sad:, Im sorry if they worried you. Hopefully you can read them now and see that its not such a big deal after all, and that recovery can be great.:thumb: How are you doing? I hope your "tough days" get fewer and fewer, I know they will.:yes: I would never have thought this recovery would go like this after all the initial problems, so I hope it gives you comfort to see that even after a rocky start, it's really not that bad at all and life gets better and better. The first week is the toughest, you already sound determined and good, I know you will be fine.:flwrysmile:

@Hip Hip Hooray! Yep I had glue with my other hip, I didnt like that I had staples this time, but it was ok really. Its amazing how different it feels with them gone!:yes:

I went out for the pub lunch, had a lovely time:). Im just so happy and pleased, I walked most of the way there using NO sticks! I carried them and only felt I needed one to lean on for the last few minutes, I was so pleased with myself!:yes!: I didnt get the lift back home because I wanted to walk but as its slightly uphill I did go slower and used both sticks, and I was tired when I got home and slept for 2 hours:sleeep: Until my Daughter wanted to know what there was to eat . So it obviously did take it out of me a bit, I will probably rest a bit tomorrow. Im already back in bed for an early night...where has the party animal in me gone:shrug:.

Ok...strange noises coming from my ceiling :unsure:. Scrabbling noises. Somethings up there:shocked:. Im telling myself its a bird. Its NOT a Rat. its NOT. Whatever it is has just moved right across the ceiling above my head. its probably a bird isnt it? Say yes.:boohoo:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom