Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
(((Hugs))) @Kay9. Your poor body has been through so much just recently. No wonder you're feeling blue. Please take good care of yourself and like the others have said, ask to be seen in your home. I know it might not seem like it now, but all of this will feel differently in the not so distant future.
You're not alone; we're here to listen.
Take care, Hon. :)
 
Thankyou everyone for your support and kindness, as always:thankyou:

Ive kind of tried to pull myself together a bit today, told myself to get a grip. The pain isnt quite so bad, so thats a step in the right direction. The only time today its been very bad is around the last hour before its time for my next lot of tablets. Ive pottered about a bit, and have mastered how to carry a cup of tea while on the crutches..as long as I dont fill it up too much I can hold the handle of the cup and still hold the crutch, without spilling the tea :thumb: And I made myself a sandwich, did the dishes then slept for 3 hours this afternoon! My Daughter had a stew that was already made and frozen so only had to be popped into the microwave, so I didnt need to worry about about her, ok so she only had toast and cereal for tea but its not going to kill her for one day.

I think I might be ok to manage without trying to see my GP, which is just as well really as he's pretty useless :nah:but if I have a rough night or the pain gets worse tomorrow I will try to see him.

I cant weight bear on the leg yet, is that normal? I know I could weight bear on the other hip at a week out last time, because I was stood on it weight-bearing when I dislocated it that time, so Im definitely not as far ahead as I was with the other hip. The incision is very sore but not unbearable, unless I touch it, then its really sore. No bleeding though:happydance:

What tablets are Percosat? Is that like Co codamol? Because I found some Co codamol in the drawer, and if its ok to take them with Tramadol then I will, if I need them?

Am sooooo tired, turning in for the night early. Fingers crossed this slight improvement today continues. I may be out dancing soon, after all:egypdance:. Ok not really, but its nice to feel a little better :thumb:
 
Isn't it parscetsmol. Just be careful lass.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
is it normal to be in lots of pain on day 7? I've pottered about a bit,
That's why you're in more pain. Don't potter, rest. Your only activity should be to go to the loo and kitchen as necessary. It NOT to get yourself snacks or do washing up, or anything else. Rest, rest, rest.
Activity progression for THRs
I've kind of tried to pull myself together a bit today, told myself to get a grip.
That's about as effective as trying the 'tell' your wound to heal quickly! It can't be done. Go easy on yourself and accept that you're going to have depression and fatigue because a) you've had a very rough time thus far and b) it's normal after a major surgery anyway
Energy drain for THRs
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
I can't weight bear on the leg yet, is that normal?
Not surprising. You're only just one week out - take it easy and stop trying to get better in a few days!
The only time today its been very bad is around the last hour before its time for my next lot of tablets.
I did warn you that this would be the case. I said I found it hard to wait the last 45-60 minutes for the next dose. Remember?
What tablets are Percoset? Is that like Co-codamol? Because I found some Co-codamol in the drawer, and if its ok to take them with Tramadol then I will, if I need them?
Percoset is the trade name for oxydocone which is on part with morphine. It's not much used in this country. Nothing at all like co-codamol which is simply 500mg paracetamol with a smidgen of codeine in it. Don't mix it with what you are already taking as it already includes the daily max of paracetamol. I think if you rested more and used ice, you'd find that last hour easier to handle.

But above all, don't expect to feel chipper for a few days yet. You're still suffering a bit of PTSD from that awful treatment in hospital and from the surgery. You may take a week or two to start rising up from that so please give yourself permission to go easy on yourself and not expect too much. This too shall pass - as the man said! And it will, trust me. Just try to resign yourself to it and not to let it worry you.
 
Thanks Josephine not first time I am wrong

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I know the rest thing isn't easy for you as your daughter won't truly understand the concept. She sees it as mum is here mum does things with me and for me. You are the leading expert with her I'm sure you will come up with ways to get some needed rest. As ever pal you are a star

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Kay9 sorry you are still struggling. Jo's post says it all - easy does it. You are suffering from more than just post op blues. All the blooming trauma of your hospital stay has had an impact. You'll get there!
 
@Legin thanks, I know you understand about my Daughter. I cant say its not a struggle being here on my own with her. Twice last night In the middle of the night I had to get up and go along to her room to tell her to keep the noise down, I was trying to sleep! I called out to her, banged on the wall , but she had flippin headphones on...singing along at the top of her voice:gaah: Ive already told her numerous times she cant wear headphones when its just us two in the house incase I need to shout for her.

@Josephine and @Jaycey, thankyou. You are both right as always. Jospehine you kind of summed it up when you said "stop trying to get better in a few days!" Because thats me down to a tee. Ive always pushed myself, but Ive got to understand that I cant do that with this .

Mums coming back for the weekend so at least I wont have to worry about meals etc (even though Mum makes me a bit :hairpulling:) :heehee:

I wont take the Cocodamol then. The Tramadol and Paracetamol work ok-ish and I can remember you saying the last hour was hard Josephine, so I guess its normal.
Having a bit of a flair up of Diverticulitis, but Thats probably to be expected too after surgery? Pretty uncomfortable though.

Im going to rest rest rest today. Ive just put one load of washing on but will leave to to Mum to sort it when she comes. Rest is the order of the day:thumb:
 
Giz a hug. You are doing well and as ever I applaud all the things you do with your daughter. Well done on leaving washing for your mum. Oh you should snaffle headphones for a bit if peace, cept I know its a no one touches the headphones scenario.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ive just put one load of washing on but will leave to to Mum to sort it when she comes.
:no-fin: The "rest, rest, rest bit is all you should be doing!
 
Man, I wouldn't dare take those headphones away from my son, and he's a bit ahead in function and ability to deal w stuff. But he'd just find some other way to make my life miserable...even worse than before!
@Kay9 does your dd have a phone or iPad connected to the other end of the headphones? Can you message her on her device? I do that all the time, he's always plugged in cos I hate to hear what he listens to.
And re walker, I too recommend getting one from Red Cross ASAP. You don't have to control a walker, it just is a frame waiting to take your weight. If you let it go, it win't fall over, whacking your knee or op hip or ankles on the way down. And you never ever have to break precautions to pick it up off the floor. If I had to use crutches, I'd be a wreck in no time. Also, with crutches you have to engage all kinds of muscles that connect to places that already hurt. Walker is different.
Percocet is oxycodone with paracetamol,and it's my favorite for post ops. I looked up cocodamol but made no sense out of the results, except it's called Tylenol 3, which I think I had so long ago I can't remember.
Now that your BP is returning to normal, perhaps you can ask for something like it?
I do understand you doing a bit for yourself. If I asked my son to help me out post op we would have wound up with a worse mess than we started with. Vermin-worthy messes. I'm right up there with you, Sometimes ya gotta do it for yourself and hang the consequences!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Legin, you betcha its "no-one touches the headphones!" Lol my life would not be worth living. Thanks for the hug...heres one back ((((legin))))):snork:

@Jaycey Ive had "resting" forced on me in a way, Ive got a sickness bug :sick: and Im lightheaded when I get up,so have been in bed a lot today, dry-heaving with a bowl next to me:eeeuw:. i suppose it means the pain isnt being very controlled as Im bringing the tablets back up when Im sick I guess, but surprisingly its not too bad.

Mums here now:shocked:

@zauberflöte yep, you know it would be dicing with death to try to remove the headphones from our kids:no-fin:.

My Daughter doesnt have a phone ( she never goes anywhere without me to need or want one) and we only share an Ipad, so when shes on it I wouldn't have a way of contacting her through social media or anything.

I think I will get a walker. I can remember with my last hip the Landlord of the pub offered to let me use one he has, I dont know why I didnt think of it before:doh:. Maybe I can ring the pub and he or someone else will bring it up for me. Although Ive not been up much today, when I have been it seems as though walking is slightly easier, it still hurts to put the leg on the floor but Im not doing it touch-toe like I was, I can put the whole foot down now. Still cant weight bare on it yet but Im not going to rush that.

When my sister brought Mum back this evening, she had a bit of dig at me about being in bed. It makes me feel Im lazy, but I know they dont really understand. Now Mums just come in and said "are you going to do more tomorrow?"

My Daughter has been quite a star today :yes:. Did me a hot water bottle for my tummy, got me ice, made me a cup of tea when I wanted one, heated herself up some Cottage Pie my neighbour brought in for her AND cleared the kitchen up! Mind you, she did use a whole roll of kitchen paper somehow in the process and left it in a huge pile on the table, but that doesnt matter, the thing is that she did it without me asking and has made an effort. i cant ask for more than that. Things are improving:thumb:

Ha! Spoke too soon. As I type I can hear a bit of a ruckus in the kitchen. From what I can gather its some falling out about buns:what:. Never a dull moment:flabber:
 
That's why you are the best for daughter you see beyond the mess. Re sis say OK I will dislocate your hip cut you open you up with a scalpel saw thru bones now you do more

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
@Kay9 Hi I was in agony until about day 10 ish then it started to ease a bit and I got up. I literally did not move out of bed until then. Please do not feel guilty about a. Being in bed or lying down and b. Doing more. It really us too much to ask that of you, you have had a really tough time and although I had 2 done at the same time , I had 2 outcomes one with a bit of pain and one with LOADS, I swear it was 2 different surgeons having a go, but they won't admit it.

You need to do as you feel you can, and if anything like me, it was about 10 mins and I needed to lie down again, think 10 mins took me to the loo and back. Plus don't forget your blood hb levels are low on top of everything else.

I am so sorry you have that stress at home, your daughter sounds as if she is really trying to help you out too. Try and chill, rest and get that walking frame, it will really help you out and you can hang your bag off it!! I still wear my bum bag, but people seem to take the mickey !!!

Have a good night xx And if you can't get a frame and you can't get anyone to get to a shop over the weekend let me know. As I will go get you one. Really feel for you at the moment.
Loads of love xx
 
i suppose it means the pain isnt being very controlled as Im bringing the tablets back up when Im sick I guess, but surprisingly its not too bad.
And have you told your GP about this? (noo!)
You should get some anti-emetics prescribed.
 
I am so sorry to read you now have a bug! After all you have been through. Jo is right, can you ring your GP and ask for anti-nausea meds? I am sure they have an on call number.
When my sister brought Mum back this evening, she had a bit of dig at me about being in bed. It makes me feel Im lazy, but I know they dont really understand. Now Mums just come in and said "are you going to do more tomorrow?"
It's against forum rules to write what I think about this attitude. Just plain not helpful! You do need to rest and if it means staying in bed all day - so be it. Please do not feel pushed to do anything more.

Sending you healing vibes!
 
Hi, @Kay9. :) I just wanted to peek in and say that I hope you're feeling better today. Good for your daughter helping you out yesterday!
I'm giving cyber side eye to your Mom and sister for their less than understanding comments. As you say, they don't have any frame of reference.
Please take care of yourself and just rest and heal.
Here's hoping your weekend is a good one. :)
 
Hope you survived Halloween. I opened the door and trick or treater's screamed, hmmmmm.
A wee advert for you and your many followers there is a chronic pain thread in the community section, feel free to discuss any issues you may have resulting from replacing joint or indeed any issue of long term pain.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom