Guest viewing is limited

THR Hip number 2 on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kay9 icing and elevating will ease that very swollen incision and the "sitting on a rock" feeling. Focus on getting that pain management cocktail just right. Ring your GP if you need more meds. You are one strong lady and you will get through this.
 
Poor pillows they have feelings to you know. You will remember this first couple of weeks after is a pain in the dooodahs and there nooooo easy slippery doodah that can help bar time and ice elevate and get the pain meds right. If pain is still not right get GP to do a house call. Keep smiling red shoes and in nae time at all it will be boogie time.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Kay9 how are things? Managing pain, napping, moooving-if-you-know-what-I-mean, and....wrangling your multi-venerational care team. I do really hope that your daughter is a little more comfortable than last time.
Prayer for healing ! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @Kay9 soooooh glad you are out, not oooozing so much I hope and getting that pain under control. Seriously can't believe that hospital or what ever it was, and was that a 'private' one too?

I hope mom and daughter are behaving themselves and no freezer re arrangements going on like last time. Did you manage to get hold of your GP for the gabapentin and proper pain meds so you don't run out, ie oromorph. I remember reading your post just after I had mine done and you r stories made me laugh but also made me feel I wasn't alone in the agony ! As it was...agony !

Thanks for yours and everyone's else's nice words about wanting to visit you, I think we all would have jumped in a car, train or plane to get to you , as soon as you had said the word, imagine a load of hippies turning up to fight your corner....but you managed on your own with us behind you in virtual world , brilliant.

If ever you need a visit and u feel the need to dump, so to speak, do say.....you know where we are and where we can be xxx sleep well
 
Hi everyone:wave:

It looks as if Ive had NO blood loss today:yes!:. This will be the first day in almost a week that it hasnt bled, and writing that down makes me realise how un-normal that is. ( un-normal:unsure:. Abnormal? Not normal?..:chinstroke: Oh, just not flippin right!)
The pain is slightly better too, Ive changed my pain schedule to your 2nd knee one @Josephine, it seems to be working a little better, but I think I do feel I could do with something more...Im never OUT of pain as such. I dont know why I thought I couldnt take Ibuprofin with Paracetamol :shrug: But after reading about Ibuprofin I dont want to take it anyway really. Maybe I will ring my GP in the morn. I do feel pretty rough and just kind of "done in".

My " carers" :sigh:. :groan::hairpulling:. Its just not working and never will. Mum just doesnt understand or even believe in Aspergers Syndrome, and my Daughter just doesn't believe in making allowances for elderly Grandmothers. Today was the first real melt-down but its been brewing. It was over flowers, my friend had brought a beautiful bunch of flowers and after she went Mum gave my Daughter the flowers and said " cut the end of the stems off and put them in water". So my Daughter did cut the ends of the stems off. Leaving about 2 inches of stem on every flower:oyvey:. Mum only knew when my Daughter called out that the vase was too tall, and Mum went nuts and called her stupid, war broke out and now they aren't speaking.:mute:
I tried to explain to Mum that my Daughter takes things literally so you have to explain what you want done, but Mum doesnt get it. So I have beautiful but very short flowers in my bedroom:flwrysmile:

Im exhausted just writing this post, I seem to have no energy at all, although Ive just looked at the time and didnt realise it was gone midnight, all my timings gone out of the window, I dont even know for sure what day it is:dubious:

Thankyou my friends. Sincerely. Xx
 
Hiya well I am now 19 weeks I think, and I too am still awake and my body clock is still confused!!

So glad things are getting a bit better with the pain etc and no bleeding too. Sorry about the 'carers' though, it's not a good mixture is it... and I would say, very stressful too.

Have a good sleep if you can xx
 
Of course you're exhausted @Kay9 you're probably still anaemic on top of everything else! ....do you like liver? Spinach? Geritol?????? I was given an iron pill practically as soon as I woke up. Don't remember any blood draws but there must have been, right?
Oh your poor care team. The flower incident is so classic, isn't it. Your mum must feel a huge amount of stress when around your daughter. And vice versa in spades, I know that! Last time you finally sent mum on home, and promptly locked yourself out of the house. You are not going to do that this time, you hear?!?!!!
Wahooo no bleeding!!! Do call GP for that oromorph or whatever works best for you :)
Hope all is quiet as I write this, and that at any given time during the night at least one person was getting rest!!!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry @Kay9 butt he flower story is just a classic story. I laughed a bit and I bet the flowers are just adorable in their shallow bowl. :heehee:
please just rest, I do believe you are feeling better, just being home and away from the Nurse Ratchets in that ward!

God Bless you and all you went through. Each day will get better and better.
You really do have this.. :loveshwr:
 
Nice one over the loss of blood and starting to take the edge off pain.
Oh dear the war ifnthe roses. It was always inevitable as yup many people don't get aspergers. Best is to accept your mum can't see beyond looking at a normal young woman who doesn't listen or help and your daughter thinks but I did what was asked. Let it calm down as time will either calm it down or your mum will be able to go home. N somemways its like that shopping trip where every time you turn your head either something happens or you worry it will. Good times will come pal. Rant and rave or despair on here pal. Big comforting hug.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
So pleased the bleeding is getting better. But sorry about the hassle with your "care" team and your mum not acknowledging Asperger's syndrome. I think it's classical with people of the generation. They deny conditions like Asperger's dyslexia, etc. The same applies to psychological ones like depression or bipolar disorder. The people of the older generation seem to think all you have to do is pull yourself together. We have to make allowances for them.

How's mobility. What about walking? Is is similar to the last recovery? How are you getting on using the crutches (silly they refused the walker isn't it?). You did really well the last time around. But maybe it's early days still and one is unable to tell yet. The emphasis for now should be on resting - so rest well. And I'm sure your iron levels will go up again when you get mobile. Just eat a variety of healthy foods. Warm wishes - Constanze
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Short flowers! Oh my - plenty of button holes then? :heehee:
but I think I do feel I could do with something more...Im never OUT of pain as such.
I have to confess, it wasn't perfect for me either. I often had to chew my knuckles for the last 2-30 minutes but I knew it was no good re-empting the next dose.
 
So happy to hear that the bleeding has improved. That's good news. The percoset was like a miracle drug for me. It just knocked out the pain. I hope you find the perfect mixture.

Are you getting plenty of ice now? That sure makes a difference. Things should only get better. The home situation sounds a little stressful, but I'm glad you have "help". Well, sort of...
 
Mums gone home, so its just me and my Daughter now. Will just have to manage as best we can. Im feeling very low and tearful. I cant remember, but is it normal to be in lots of pain on day 7.? I know this ones been much more painful than the last one and I didnt have a very good start with it, but should I expect to be in pain?

I rang my GPs surgery this afternoon but cant get an appointment for another 2 weeks! They only give out emergency appointments on the day, it means trying to call constantly from opening at 8.30am ( its always engaged) and hoping there is an appointment left by the time I get through. Plus its about 5 miles away and no bus, so if they said "can you get here in 15 minutes" I wouldnt be able to because Id have to either ring a taxi or try and find a lift in time.

The pains not unbearable like it was, but its depressing me and making things difficult. Walking is very hard even on crutches. I guess thats normal at a week out though?
 
Im sorry I havnt replied to all your posts personally, I have read them all and appreciate them. Im just very weepy and down tonight, which isnt really like me, but I,ll bounce back and catch up with replies when I can.
 
Take care. You've been through a tough week!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Kay,
No, I don't think it's normal. I really feel you need stronger pain medication and a walker. I believe it would make a world of difference. Everyone heals differently, but the medications make a huge difference. I was on tramadol and percoset. They were fantastic, and numbed my pain. I think a big part of your problem has been the unresponsiveness of the doctors and the stress and worry that goes along with that. Is the icing helping? Can you have a walker delivered through the Red Cross?

I can't recommend a walker enough. It makes things so much easier. Mine has a seat, and it worked really well for carrying plates of food.
 
@Kay9 Can you ask for a home visit from your GP or nurse practitioner. You situation is the perfect example of why home visits are sometimes necessary. I know it's difficult to get an appointment on the day but typically if you just keep redialing you will get an appointment in the afternoon. And some GPs are now setting up phone calls to patients.

You are exhausted and in pain. No wonder you are weepy. Take care of yourself. Sending you cyber (((((((hugs)))))))!
 
I agree I had two home visits both asked for and they walked in the house the same day. Tell the hitleresque receptionist you had major surgery a, matter of days ago and you cannot nor shouldn't go thru the rigours and strain of getting there.
Sorry about the blues but they will pass, its a why did i do this and how can I cope reaction. As before you will be fine. Yup daughter may have blow out but you are best person to manage her. Sorry I live so far away as I would come to help. You will get thru it lass just it takes time. Thinking of ya

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Kay9 I can't believe that they expect you to go to the surgery I was advised that once I got home from hospital I should not to go out in a car again until my six week review with my surgeon as every time you get in and out of a car you risk a dislocation.My prescriptions for pain meds were sorted out with a telephone consultation on both occasions and the prescription was sent electronically to the pharmacy on the same day.You have been through enough and you need strong painkillers now I would insist on a telephone consultation today After all the GP will have had all the information from the hospital.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom