Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

Hi @Mojo333, @Layla, It sounds like both of you have been having some drama. Just read through your threads. Let’s hope things settle down to some kind of normality.

Yes, I had my appointment at the hospital yesterday and now have two new holes I didn’t have before I went in.

I didn’t get to have a steroid injection as the OS wanted to anesthetise the joint to see if the pain would reduce first. Which strangely it didn’t, it hurt like hell when I came round and for the rest of the day. My lower back has also been playing up since. So I’m not sure where that leaves me or how conclusive the test is. I was asked to keep a diary of the pain for the rest of the day to see if things improved. He has also taken some blood and an arthrogram. I’m due to go back and see him in 10 days for round two.

I’ve been working a little today but still feel a little sick, dizzy and sore.

So, that’s it! I feel a little deflated by the whole thing. Let hope the OS has a bit more insight when I see him next.
 
Aww, Alfie I'm so sorry you are sick, dizzy and in pain, then add discouragement to all that too.
This feels so unfair. You need some relief.

I hope you have better luck or a clearer direction on how to proceed when you meet with him next.
Something's gotta give here. Prayers for comfort as you wait and that there is some relief on the horizon.
@Alfie888
 
I hate it when they do that @Alfie888 ! I saw a pain specialist that my PCP sent me to for a hip injection back when they couldn't find anything wrong. I overdid things the day before and morning of because I wanted to see the true difference with a without the injection. Pain specialist decided there was nothing wrong with hip because nothing showed on xray and refused to do an injection. OUCH!

I hope they are able to get things figured out for you soon.
 
Did you tell him you have a pretty long pain diary already...:sigh:
Oh my stars...
Hope he has something in mind.
Sorry for the disappointment.
Yea, whole family is having crises at the moment.
Hope all eases soon, for you too!
 
HaHaha, Yes, my pain diary says it hurts on every page for the last 2 years.

What worries me is that if there was no reduction in pain from the anaesthetic he might start looking elsewhere. I imagine my back is way out of kilter now anyway due to the arthroscopy and lack of proper mobility.
 
Don't want you to think like that...at least not yet.
I am going to believe something will give soon.
Wish you had just had that thing replaced at this point.
Maybe I shouldn't say that, but I care. And doesn't seem like this arthroscopic procedure hhas helped much.
I hope you have some good going this weekend.:friends:
 
What's it all about, Alfie? That song plays in my head every time I see that purple avatar, lol.
Wondering how you're doing? We haven't heard from you in a bit.
Hanging in there?
Best wishes for a peaceful week...
@Alfie888
 
:wave:what Layla said
Pop in when you are able.
Think of you often.:)
 
Hi, I’m back :wave: I hope you are all well!

Just been busy over the last week or so and not had much chance to get on the forum.

I went back to se the OS last week. He couldn’t find anything wrong on the X-ray and as the anaesthetic injection didn’t work he wants to do an MRI of my hips and back. Kind of what I was expecting really. Not very encouraging, but he does seem quite determined to find the cause. I keep saying it’s my hip, but wants to rule anything else out.

For whatever reason the pain has really ramped up since the injection. Especially in my lower back. Not sure what that is about. I couldn’t even bring myself to go fishing this week as it was hurting to much.

I’m sat here with a TENs machine hooked up to me at the moment. Hoping it might give some relief before bedtime.

The weather here is on the up this week so might skive off work later in the week for a day. Well, it’s not really skivving when you work for yourself. I always feel guilty.

Bye for now :wave:
 
he does seem quite determined to find the cause
At least THAT seems encouraging.
Hope you get some peace of mind if not peace of pain.
Hope you get a good day.
 
I sure hope you get answers soon and some pain relief!
Sorry you're suffering as you are.
Take some time for yourself. Don't feel guilty. Hopefully a break doing
something you enjoy will numb the pain temporarily.
Please keep us posted, @Alfie888
Wishing you comfort and peace!
 
Thanks for your kind words.

Hopefully I shouldn’t be waiting to long for the mri. The new OS seems to be moving things along quickly.
 
I imagine my back is way out of kilter now anyway due to the arthroscopy and lack of proper mobility.
Yes indeed - it is tough on the back when you are trying to stay off a sore hip. Hope your MRI gives insight into what is going on. Please keep us updated.
 
I got a date through for the mri. The 26th which is next week :ok:

I also have the day off tomorrow. The sun is shining and I’m going fishing. 5am start so got to try and get some sleep now :yawn:
 
Hi there,
Happy to hear you have a date. It's a step in the right direction.
I hope you have a wonderful day off tomorrow fishing in the sunshine. Wishing you a great weekend too.
Sweet Dreams!
@Alfie888
 
Great for quick date on imaging.
I have to wait until Sat for fishing but I plan on eating my catch Saturday night!:bigfish:
80F...:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks Layla. I well and truly topped my vitamin D up today. It’s coming out my ears. It seems like an age since the sun shone here.

Mojo, good look with the fishing, catch one for me, as I caught zero today. Not that it mattered. It was great just to be outdoors.

Hope you both have a good weekend.
 
Glad you got some outside...too bad you got skunked today, but that's why it's called fishing...and not catching!:wink:
I will try my luck tomorrow!
Hope you can get some rest.:)
 
Aww, Alfie...time in the sun soaking up your quota of Vitamin D....it sounds wonderful!
There are a million fish in the sea. A peaceful day spent in nature, relaxing, is just what you needed.
Hope your weekend is good!
@Alfie888
 
Let us know when you know about MRI..
Hope not one of those things where they do it then make you wait week for results:groan:
I didn't do so well in the fish catching department last weekend either, but it was fun to try.
I made a little worm bed for handy bait and it's actually working...I've got babies!:yahoo:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom