Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it underwater camera equipment. I tied my little waterproof camera to a tree branch with electrical tape and held it in the water :wink:
Necessity is the mother of invention...:tada:
And you have a family member that survived the Titanic? Oh my stars...
I'm sure if I checked my lineage it would have a Way Less Interesting Story.
I AM a quarter native american.
My grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee who drank like a fish, dipped snuff, and grew tomatoes in red clay as big as grapefruits:shrug:

Wonder what fascinations that affects with me?:dubious:
 
:wow:
What a fascinating story about baby / grandfather!
Too bad he had no memory. Actually it's NOT too bad after seeing the original movie.
Saw both movies on the tragedy, A Night To Remember and Titanic. The first freaked me out as a kid when the ship was half submerged with the stern pointing skyward. It had to be horrific and is so tragically sad!

Hope you're doing well and enjoy the remainder of the week!
@Alfie888
 
I'm sure if I checked my lineage it would have a Way Less Interesting Story.
I AM a quarter native american.
My grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee who drank like a fish, dipped snuff, and grew tomatoes in red clay as big as grapefruits:shrug:

That sounds pretty interesting to me. The Cherokee were a noble people. Before we came along with our fags, booze and bad habits.
 
Hi my people pal.
No fishing, no fun, no peace.
Life has been in the way.
Have thought how you were and wondering if you are still on hold for injection.
Trying to work out some mother nature time.
Hope all is well with you!:) :-) (:
 
No fishing, no fun, no peace.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good. Try and get some peace this weekend.

I got my appointment through this morning. I'm in for the injection next Thursday. can’t say I'm looking forward to it!

On the bright side it’s Friday and I have nothing planned apart from taking it easy and going fishing with some friends on Sunday.
 
@Alfie888
Yay...me too.:happydance:
I have a food bank pick up tomorrow but my BIL and my better half are going to the coast Sunday. Off to the salt marshes or the reef depending on seas. Might be able to compete with a bigger fish than redbreast:heehee:
So in need of some salt air!
Let's get some!:realing:
 
Just a quick update. I had the injection in my back on Thursday. I was really worried about this. I didn’t have to be really. It was all over with in 5mins. I didn’t even know they had done it due to the area being anaesthetised. It’s hurting now thought. I was told it will take a few days to work. Fingers crossed I get some relief in the next day or two.

Hope you are all having a good weekend :) :-) (:
 
Hope you get some relief @Alfie888. Glad the injection wasn’t bad. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Hi @Alfie888
All that worrying for nothing. I don't blame you, I would've been anxious myself.
I'm glad it's behind you. Hopefully it kicks in soon bringing you some well deserved relief.
Update us in a few days and let us know if it's working.
A great rest of the weekend to you!
 
:wave:I've been looking to see if you would update...so glad to see you on the forum, @Alfie888 !
I have heard that those injections can be awfully sore for a few days.
I'm ever so hopeful this will give you some relief!
:fingersx: for you my friend!
 
Well, I'm 6 days after the injection now and to be honest in more pain than before. :sad: My back and both hips just ache all the time. It may still kick in, but I'm not holding out much hope.

It seems to be that every time I go into hospital I come out worse than before I went in.
 
Last edited:
So sorry you aren't seeing results from your injection. I've had 3 injections like that and was told it can take up to 10 days to kick in. To be honest - the first one did work. The other 2 were a waste of time. Fingers crossed for you!
 
Aww, Alfie, I'm so sorry to read this. You have to be at the end of your rope.
I sure hope there's some chance it begins to kick in and take the edge off.
At what point will you be able to have THR?
There are lots of fish to be caught and it's hard to think of you suffering as you are.
Does the joy of being in nature and fishing even dull the pain anymore I wonder...
Something's gotta give here....
Prayers for your comfort :console2:
@Alfie888
 
Oh my stars...not what I wanted to hear! (I realize you are probably slightly more disappointed than me)
I too hope it is possible that something good could still come of it.

Try to keep the faith, Alfie.
 
I've had 3 injections like that and was told it can take up to 10 days to kick in.

There may well be hope yet. Fingers crossed for the next few days.

At what point will you be able to have THR?

I have no idea at the moment. As my last MRI didn't show any problems in the hip I'm not sure where that leaves me!

Try to keep the faith, Alfie.

I'm trying, although it's becoming increasingly difficult.

I'm going on holiday to France in a couple of weeks. Can't say I'm looking forward to it at the moment. The thought of sitting on a plane and then driving at the other end fills me with dread.
 
Fingers crossed that injection kicks in, Alfie.
It's like you're stuck, with no where to turn.
Holiday in France sounds lovely! Prayers that injection comes through so you can enjoy the vacay.
I hope your weekend is painless and perfect!
@Alfie888
 
Certainly can remember my hips making what should be pleasant trips feel daunting...
I also pray the injection kicks in...but at least there will be the distraction of the trip..you have to keep living, right?

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...for solutions.:friends:
 
Thanks for your thoughts. Hopefully a relaxing weekend might help things along. I've had a pretty hectic week, which isn't helping much.
 
Handling any other type of other stress while hurting...just becomes too much.
I went to France as a child with my parents. Totally Unappreciative!
Need a do over!
 
So, 2 weeks after the injection and things only seem to be getting more painful. Radiating pains in my lower back and hip. My other hip and knee are also feeling pretty sore. I have an appointment with the consultant on Thursday, but I'm getting worried now that I'm running out of options.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom