Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

Hi Alfie.
Seems like this month is crawling on instead of flying by.
On my end, probably due to extremely hot weather...work aggravations, and not enough hydrotherapy.
All off the coast fishing trips keep getting cancelled due to erratic weather conditions...not unusual this time of year.
Anyway, I just thought if August was creeping for me, it certainly must be for you as you await your appointment.
Hope you are hanging in there!
 
Hi!
Wondering if you can results sooner if you call?
You'd think they'd have them by now. Can't be that backed up, or can they?
Waiting a month would take a lot of patience.
Wishing you big doses of patience and comfort as you wait.
@Alfie888
 
@Alfie888 ... you seem to be in the same position I was a number of years back (hip scope labrum and afAI repair). I read through some of your posts and cake accross the comment on your vertebrae not being where it should (L5 I believe it was). If it is what I have, it is called spondylolisthesis... a slippage of the vertebrae either forward or backward. Typically these are asymptotic if only a single degree. PM me if you would like to discuss more details. I too had problems after the scope, and may have some ideas to help... but need to know more about specifics.

Cheers
 
Hi @wonkyhipoy, sorry I haven't replied earlier, had a busy month what with work and the holidays. I go back to see the consultant on Monday, so will see what he says. I'll give you a shout if things aren't looking good. Thanks for your offer of advice.

Hi Layla, Mojo, Back to the consultant on Monday. Lets hope something shows up on the scan. Summer for me is a busy time at work, so it seems to fly by. My sleeping is all off again. 4 hours sleep a night is making me feel pretty nutty. I'll be glad when work calms down and I can take a little time off. Go on a weeks sleeping holiday, somewhere quite and dark :sleep:
 
Wishing you luck on Monday, Alfie.
You'll have to let us know how your appt goes.
Hopefully being busy at work this Summer had your pain lurking in the shadows, rather than constantly nagging at you.
Sorry about the lack of sleep. Makes it hard to function optimally.
Wishing you comfort and some restorative rest.
@Alfie888
 
Hi @Alfie888

Yes definitely let us know how the appointment goes. One thing you might find helpful if it is the back, is heat/ice therapy. I don't quite understand the science in how it works, but a hockey buddy of mine had a wickedly bad back (sciatica) after taking a nasty hit (about ten years ago)... resulted in a couple of herniated discs (L4/5 I believe). The heat, then ice, then heat, then ice (repeat :-)) really helped him in oth reducing pain, but also in recovering without surgery.

Anyway, let us know how things go.

Cheers
 
:fingersx:You know I'm wishing you all the best.
Time for something to happen!
 
Well unfortunately I have been through 10 years of hip issues. After all the research and 3 surgeries, 6 MRIs, etc. The people that have successful scopes are young and have minimal damage, basically no arthritis.

Many hip surgeons have scaled back on scopes and the the whole FAI treatment. Think about the femur did not grow overnite to cause fai issues. Unfortunately we are more active in deep movement boot camps, crossfit, etc.

I did martial arts for 10 years before starting crossfit very deep movements hip wise. Did they bring all the issues on, the original surgeon is not sure. I think it did accelerate the issue.
 
:wave:Hi again, purple pal!
Have thought of you often and as to any news that your scan and consultant visit might bring.
Still hoping for some solutions to your ongoing struggles and want you to know we are thinking of you.:friends:
 
@Alfie888
Try not to let myself think you are still on that treadmill of pain:tiredwheel:

All things hips does get old, but pop by if/when you can.
Anxious to hear if you have gotten any answers and/or Relief!
 
Wow, Alfie....haven't heard from you in some time.
Can we hear some adventure stories and how you're doing?
Miss you dropping by. Hope there's a plan in place to ease the pain.
Hopefully you're doing okay...
@Alfie888
 
I always hope to see some news on your ongoing struggles @Alfie888
Any encouraging news?
Regardless, know that I am wishing you well!
 
:wave:Happy New Year...been thinking of you able hoping you have found some solutions to your ongoing pain.
You certainly deserve to have a better year!
 
Just:hi:
Wondering if any news on hip pain and more importantly any resolution?
 
Hey :wave:
Wish we'd hear you're living a pain free life by now...
Hope you're well @Alfie888
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom