Hip Arthroscopy Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs

:sad:
I have no idea at the moment. As my last MRI didn't show any problems in the hip I'm not sure where that leaves me!
What was your original diagnosis requiring arthroscopic procedure, Alfie?
I hope you don't mind, but I am tagging @Josephine as I would like her to review your thread to possibly supply some advice and insight!
It's been ten months.
I'm sure she will have questions.
Please take advantage of her decades of experience to see if you can glean some sense of direction.
You don't deserve to be miserable.
 
Last edited:
Aww, Alfie. I'm sorry you're suffering so.
Back and hip pain is so draining! Now your other hip and knee too?
I hope you get answers on Thursday. Will be thinking of you. Please keep us posted.
Wishing you comfort and peace.
@Alfie888
 
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Hi @Josephine, No problem, fire away.

I had a rather worrying appointment with the consultant this morning. I went back for a follow up regarding the injection I'd had on my back a few weeks ago. During our conversation I stated once again that my condition had worsened since the arthroscopy. To which he replied "when did you have an arthroscopy?" I despair. My old consultant left and this is the guy I have been seeing since the new year, for scans, X-rays, injections etc.

The upshot is he now wants me to have a high res scan on the hip.
 
WHAT?!! :yikes: Doesn't the consultant refresh his memory on your situation by scanning your file before he enters the room? Or are you saying it wasn't recorded?
I sure hope you find some relief soon, Alfie. I'll look forward to Jo's take on your situation.
Hang in there. Wishing you comfort.
@Alfie888
 
I can well imagine you despair! I've had to remind my GPs on more than one occasion to read my notes first! One tends to think they regard every patient as a new patient!

As for your hip, arthroscopy can be long term painful as can those dratted so-called epidural injections. I wouldn't have one of those if they paid me! But it could be he was using it to get a differential diagnosis. If it worked, it's the back and if it didn't, it's the hip!
 
WHAT?!! :yikes: Doesn't the consultant refresh his memory on your situation by scanning your file before he enters the room? Or are you saying it wasn't recorded@Alfie888

It is in my file. Which is getting uncomfortably large from the look of it. I think the problem is my original consultant left, the one that did the op. The new one took me on at the 6 month mark and I think there has been some confusion.

As for your hip, arthroscopy can be long term painful as can those dratted so-called epidural injections. I wouldn't have one of those if they paid me! But it could be he was using it to get a differential diagnosis. If it worked, it's the back and if it didn't, it's the hip!

He was using the injection for diagnostic. It was in the L5 vertebrae as it looked a bit iffy on the scan.
 
The upshot is he now wants me to have a high res scan on the hip.
Oh my stars!
I'm glad! It's past time to figure out what you need done to get better.
Two new hips...and I feel better.
 
Thinking about you @Alfie888
Hoping that you would appear worth some encouraging news about how you might've seen some relief with injection.
Guessing probably not.
I got to get out in the boat Saturday, mostly sightseeing and not fishing but it was beautiful...in the salt marshes.
Dolphins, sea turtles, even saw a bald eagle.
Just wanted to know you weren't forgotten by all your well wishers!
 
Hi @Mojo333, I've been away on holiday. It was good to get away. Lots of seafood and olive oil to help those joints along. The traveling wasn't as bad as expected, although I was dosed up with pain killers most days.

I'm still waiting for an appointment for the high res scan.

The boat trip sounds good. I've never seen a sea turtle. Not in the wild anyway.
 
We do have to keep on living.:yes:
Glad you were able to get out...and I could definitely become a pescatarian, as my daughter tried to proclaim she was in middle school...but I can't afford to.
She figured the only meat she could eat was seafood but after a week of tuna fish sandwiches, she decided spaghetti was OK again.
I love seafood.
Hope you get word soon.
Thanks for the proof of life post!:wave:
 
Last edited:
@Alfie888
How are things?
I know you are still waiting so hoping you're keeping your spirits up as much as possible. I had a great weekend. My other passion is hunting for Indian artifacts ...usually on farmland where I have permission.
The farmers have no interest in salvaging then and it involves trudging through freshly plowed fields ideally after we've had a hard rain. Which obviously was impossible for years where my hips were horrible!
Usually I find pottery, a few nice arrowheads, and such.
But I hit the mother load this weekend. Small rock like thing sticking out of the dirt resulted in this find! A war hammer!
[Bonesmart.org] Hip Arthroscopy ups and downs
it is just the coolest thing I've found in a long time.
Anyway, wanted to share it with my purple pal!
Hope today is a Good Day for you.
 
Wow, that's amazing. I though you were going to say it was part of a skull when I saw the picture :yikes: Keep digging, I imagine there will be other stuff around. We get a lot of Roman artefacts in the fields around where I live. Never found anything myself, but I have have friends who have found all kinds of jewellery.

I have my scan on Thursday. 1 hour in the tube, what fun!!!
 
Happy Monday to you!
Best Wishes all goes well for you on a Thursday, Alfie
We'll be thinking of you.
Please let us know how it goes.
Wishing you comfort and relief from your pain.
@Alfie888
 
One hour in the tube...
Sounds like a song title...
Have heard of "30 days in the hole"
If the scan she's ANY light on what is the cause of your ongoing pain, it will be worth it!
I So want you better.
If I found a skull you'll be the first to know!:dubious:
 
All went fine today. Well, laying flat in a tunnel with headphones on isn’t the most eventful of procedures.

I have to go back to see the consultant in a month. Which is a bit of a wait. Apparently everyone is on holiday.

One hour in the tube...
Sounds like a song title...

It would have to be the title of some weird experimental techno track, cos that’s what it sounds like in an MRI scanner. Why do they have to be so noisy?
 
They are noisy..all that annoying clicking and humming.
I'm slightly claustrophobic so not my favorite thing!
I have to go back to see the consultant in a month. Which is a bit of a wait. Apparently everyone is on holiday.
Take your time people...I'm starting to get USED to being in PAIN:hairpulling:
:fingersx:something gets sorted soon, Alfie!
 
Hi @Alfie888
A month! That is ridiculous. Actually unbelievable.
Well, at least you're doing all you can right now.
Wishing you comfort as you await answers and a solution for your pain.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom